Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 112817 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:58 - Jul 21 with 3391 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:13 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

We after Les Ferdinand as well.

Les Ferdinand?!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:04 - Jul 21 with 3362 viewsSwansea93

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:44 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

He’s probably already told the club he won’t be signing and Birch is looking for suitors. I’d imagine a few bottom half premier league clubs would take a punt.

Yeah, he's basically issued come and get me pleas to Premier League clubs every interview he has given.

Would we get CCV back if he leaves do you think? I'm sure Cooper was asked the question at the fan forum.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:09 - Jul 21 with 3336 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:04 - Jul 21 by Swansea93

Yeah, he's basically issued come and get me pleas to Premier League clubs every interview he has given.

Would we get CCV back if he leaves do you think? I'm sure Cooper was asked the question at the fan forum.

The Chelsea loanee Jake Clarke-Salter, may be a MVH replacement: 'If the Swans were able to land Clarke-Salter, it is speculated it could see Mike van der Hoorn leave the Liberty Stadium.'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-hope-sig

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:18 - Jul 21 with 3298 viewsjackrmee

Young CB Lucas Pos also linked.
Inexperienced, but a Yank.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lucas-pos/profil/spieler/417895

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:51 - Jul 21 with 3111 viewsSwansea93

Steve Cooper has revealed Swansea City are 'not that far away' from bringing in some new recruits this summer.

"I'd like to think we're not that far away from one or two coming," he said. "We've talked quite publicly about maximising the loan market.

"The big guns are out of Europe at the moment, playing tours, so when they return then hopefully we can see one or two faces come in and add to the good things that are going on.

"It's about it happening rather than talking about when.

"Of course, you'd like it earlier rather than later, but if we have to wait a little while then we'll do that."

Looks like these 2 youngsters from Chelsea on loan and possibly the trialist signed up and that's our window done I would imagine, providing no one else leaves from the 1st team.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:03 - Jul 21 with 3065 viewsmagicdaps10

Worried that if VDH was to leave, we would have a lot of young kids to select at centre half.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:26 - Jul 21 with 2950 viewsBadlands

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:03 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

Worried that if VDH was to leave, we would have a lot of young kids to select at centre half.

His interview was less positive than in the past.

http://www.football-oranje.com/exclusive-interview-swansea-city-defender-mike-va

nd he sounded bit cheesed off with the questions.

Joe is very good but not good enough to be the senior CB
Cabango would be my back up at present but inexperienced
Cooper and Harries don't seem to be ready wither.

If there is a chance Hoorn will leave we need to bring in an experienced CB not another youth (Jake Clarke-Salter being mentioned).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:09 - Jul 21 with 2852 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 17:26 - Jul 21 by Badlands

His interview was less positive than in the past.

http://www.football-oranje.com/exclusive-interview-swansea-city-defender-mike-va

nd he sounded bit cheesed off with the questions.

Joe is very good but not good enough to be the senior CB
Cabango would be my back up at present but inexperienced
Cooper and Harries don't seem to be ready wither.

If there is a chance Hoorn will leave we need to bring in an experienced CB not another youth (Jake Clarke-Salter being mentioned).

it would be a loss if VDH was to leave

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:32 - Jul 21 with 2657 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:09 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

I’m not so sure that he’s as good as some on here rate him (and by the sounds how highly he rates himself). But I’d rather his experience than having two kids chucked in at the deep end .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:35 - Jul 21 with 2639 viewsraynor94

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 18:09 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

It would be devastating at this time of pre season, we desperately need a commanding experienced centre back without losing VDH

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:48 - Jul 21 with 2604 viewsMagic_Michu

The last I heard was the Swans had opened up contract talks for a long term deal of which VDH was open too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48977896

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:22 - Jul 21 with 2525 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:48 - Jul 21 by Magic_Michu

The last I heard was the Swans had opened up contract talks for a long term deal of which VDH was open too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48977896

None of those words in that interview suggests to me he has intention to sign a new contract. Probably for the best we cash in now but it leaves us seriously short on numbers and experience at centre half if reports of the Chelsea lad being the replacement is true.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:26 - Jul 21 with 2507 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:22 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

None of those words in that interview suggests to me he has intention to sign a new contract. Probably for the best we cash in now but it leaves us seriously short on numbers and experience at centre half if reports of the Chelsea lad being the replacement is true.

It could mess our season up if he goes. the club should back their new manager and block him from any transfer.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 2480 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:26 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

It could mess our season up if he goes. the club should back their new manager and block him from any transfer.

I think it’s been expected to be honest. Again, just an assumption but I think he has wanted out for a while. Our ambitions don’t match his and he’s made that pretty clear with his words.

If he was staying he would have been confirmed as captain by now.

He’s offski.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:36 - Jul 21 with 2465 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:31 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

I think it’s been expected to be honest. Again, just an assumption but I think he has wanted out for a while. Our ambitions don’t match his and he’s made that pretty clear with his words.

If he was staying he would have been confirmed as captain by now.

He’s offski.

18 days until the transfer window closes, i hope we can keep hold of vdh and mcburnie so we can have a real promotion push, will be gutted if we lose any of them.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:56 - Jul 21 with 2401 viewswsmJACK

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:22 - Jul 21 by 34dfgdf54

Although I didn't really rate him, if VDH was to go could we try and get CCV back for another season? Experienced enough with the championship and knows the players.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:43 - Jul 21 with 2295 viewsSwanseaman

this report gives some old news: 'Swansea City have joined the race for Kasey Palmer.' -

And it says that 'Chelsea are demanding a £4m fee for the player.'

so what would that be for, to buy outright or £100,000 a week loan wages?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-join-bri

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:58 - Jul 21 with 2245 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 16:51 - Jul 21 by Swansea93

Steve Cooper has revealed Swansea City are 'not that far away' from bringing in some new recruits this summer.

"I'd like to think we're not that far away from one or two coming," he said. "We've talked quite publicly about maximising the loan market.

"The big guns are out of Europe at the moment, playing tours, so when they return then hopefully we can see one or two faces come in and add to the good things that are going on.

"It's about it happening rather than talking about when.

"Of course, you'd like it earlier rather than later, but if we have to wait a little while then we'll do that."

Looks like these 2 youngsters from Chelsea on loan and possibly the trialist signed up and that's our window done I would imagine, providing no one else leaves from the 1st team.

Where was this mate?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:01 - Jul 21 with 2231 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 21:43 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

this report gives some old news: 'Swansea City have joined the race for Kasey Palmer.' -

And it says that 'Chelsea are demanding a £4m fee for the player.'

so what would that be for, to buy outright or £100,000 a week loan wages?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-join-bri

To flog him they mean.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:02 - Jul 21 with 2224 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 19:32 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m not so sure that he’s as good as some on here rate him (and by the sounds how highly he rates himself). But I’d rather his experience than having two kids chucked in at the deep end .

I totally agree.
Someone mentioned CCV. He'd be a great replcement back on loan. Think Spurs want to sell him though and there's little chance of us coughing up £5m

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:06 - Jul 21 with 2203 viewsLuther27

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 20:26 - Jul 21 by Swanseaman

I think we're up a creek etc without him, and all because the Yanks let his contract run down to the option year. He was apparently discussing an extension with the club before HJ left. We need a spine of experience in our team....VDH being a major part of it.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 2151 viewsBadlands

Can't believe the comments bout CCV being a sort of replacement for MVDH!
He only broke into the side because of Rodon's injury.
More worrying is the suggestion Jake Clarke-Salter is being lined up to take over from the Dutchman!!!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-hints-at-swansea-defenders-potentia

'Nixon also revealed that the Swans could have a replacement lined up already, as they have targeted Jake Clarke-Salter on a loan deal from Chelsea.'

As no club has been mentioned this looks more like Hoorn asking for a transfer.

Also - if we go in for loans from Chelsea we will have the same crap as we had with Abraham - £4 million fee +plus costs, £40,000 a week, not good enough but pressured to play by his parent club and keeping someone else out of the team.
Unless Birch, nt a fan of loans, is capable of pulling some huge strings I can see him walking.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:35 - Jul 21 with 2129 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:29 - Jul 21 by Badlands

Can't believe the comments bout CCV being a sort of replacement for MVDH!
He only broke into the side because of Rodon's injury.
More worrying is the suggestion Jake Clarke-Salter is being lined up to take over from the Dutchman!!!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/journalist-hints-at-swansea-defenders-potentia

'Nixon also revealed that the Swans could have a replacement lined up already, as they have targeted Jake Clarke-Salter on a loan deal from Chelsea.'

As no club has been mentioned this looks more like Hoorn asking for a transfer.

Also - if we go in for loans from Chelsea we will have the same crap as we had with Abraham - £4 million fee +plus costs, £40,000 a week, not good enough but pressured to play by his parent club and keeping someone else out of the team.
Unless Birch, nt a fan of loans, is capable of pulling some huge strings I can see him walking.

It is clear that we are after a centre half even if VDH stays, if he goes then we need 2.

Centre half is a concern as it stands, probably the biggest concern, we can't go into the season with a handful of kids to pick at Centre half.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:54 - Jul 22 with 1785 viewsSwanseaman

-
Middlesbrough and Swansea City are now the only Championship clubs not have to signed more than one player so far this window.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:03 - Jul 22 with 1759 viewswestwalesed

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 22:06 - Jul 21 by Luther27

I think we're up a creek etc without him, and all because the Yanks let his contract run down to the option year. He was apparently discussing an extension with the club before HJ left. We need a spine of experience in our team....VDH being a major part of it.

Couldn't agree more - I feel VDH is an entirely dependable Championship centre half - but the biggest loss would be in terms of experience. We saw how flaky we were last season without cool heads around. This would be very very damaging to our defensive prospects.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024