Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer Thread 07:15 - May 17 with 111538 viewsHeadmaster

Thought we might need one of these now that silly season has started.

Matt Grimes is open to joining Everton from "Football Insider" - how reliable are they? They say in another article that Brighton are looking at Chris Wilder after being frustrated in their attempt to talk to Potter.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-swansea-ace-keen-on-joining-everton-
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 2406 viewsSwansea93

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:14 - Jul 7 by magicdaps10

The key word there is "want".

Still think there will be a big twist with players leaving, I would suggest it will happen in the last 48hrs of the transfer window.

I hope not, but got a feeling this will happen as well, and they'll use alot of the U23's telling us Cooper was brought in to bring the youngsters through and it's a long term project.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:55 - Jul 7 with 2328 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 09:54 - Jul 7 by Swansea93

According to Nixon we want 20+ for McBurnie and there's interest in VDH but we want 10+ for him.

Expect VDH to go - last season of contract (with extension) and doesn’t seem as if he is in a hurry to commit any further.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:19 - Jul 7 with 2285 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 10:55 - Jul 7 by dobjack2

Expect VDH to go - last season of contract (with extension) and doesn’t seem as if he is in a hurry to commit any further.

Make no bones about it, if the clause was not in for the club to trigger an extension then he would have been off.

Vdh is a saleable asset so the clause was always going to be triggered by the club, would not be surprised if they are auctioning him around as we type.

Mark my words, there will be a retake of the January transfer window come the end of this current one.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:14 - Jul 7 with 2219 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 11:19 - Jul 7 by magicdaps10

Make no bones about it, if the clause was not in for the club to trigger an extension then he would have been off.

Vdh is a saleable asset so the clause was always going to be triggered by the club, would not be surprised if they are auctioning him around as we type.

Mark my words, there will be a retake of the January transfer window come the end of this current one.

I hope we manage to keep both Oli and MVH, but if I had to choose, I'd rather keep Oli. I think his overall contribution is so important, especially in terms of goal scoring and motivating the other young players.
Saying that, if an offer came of £20m, I would let him go.
GOt to be looking at 12-15m for MVH though. I've heard £10m being touted.
We are so lucky to have Birch overseeing these things now. I trust him to get the best deals for the club.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:17 - Jul 7 with 2207 viewsjackrmee

A bit off topic, but couldn't find a better place to post this and don't want to make a new thread for such things.

Just saw a pic for the Man Utd squad they are taking on tour.
It feels strange to see DJ's name alongside all these...
He's not just a player for the future there, having games for their u23s etc. He's going to be given a good chance to shine by the look of it.

Chuffed for him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-3VxhWXYAAcwr2.jpg:large

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:18 - Jul 7 with 2209 viewsChief

MVDH can't go. Who the hells going to play centre back if he does?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:22 - Jul 7 with 2190 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:18 - Jul 7 by Chief

MVDH can't go. Who the hells going to play centre back if he does?

Probably a free transfer will come in.
I think it's easier to get a decent CB than replace Oli. Some good ones have been moving already, including free transfers.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:34 - Jul 7 with 2162 viewsjasper_T

£10m for vdH, £5m for CCV.

Not my preferred option but we know he's available and that was supposedly Spurs asking price.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:42 - Jul 7 with 2139 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:34 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

Not my preferred option but we know he's available and that was supposedly Spurs asking price.

Can't see us spending £5m on ANYONE, no matter how much we receive.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:46 - Jul 7 with 2130 viewsjackrmee

Swans have apparently priced Oli at £20m and MVH at £10m.
Both prices are well within the reach of any club wanting to sign them and I definitely don't think we should take any less.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-name-pri

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:49 - Jul 7 with 2122 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:34 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

I would be more than happy with that scenario.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:15 - Jul 7 with 2074 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:22 - Jul 7 by jackrmee

Probably a free transfer will come in.
I think it's easier to get a decent CB than replace Oli. Some good ones have been moving already, including free transfers.

A free transfer to play alongside Rodon who's only had 1 season in senior football himself? Really?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 7 with 2072 viewsSwanseaman

With the club saying that 20mill and 10mill are the least we would sell for, this could be seen as the club preventing them being sold. It's similar to a couple of years before we got promoted to the premier when we started to say that we had certain players who were not for sale (like williams), and we were no longer a selling club.

But it could also be seen as a call out to premier clubs to take a look at these players, putting them in the shop window - these are definitely affordable prices to premier teams, probably as back up players, or good substitutions.

i'd much prefer to hear our club say that they are not for sale, especially concerning McBurnie, although VDH is a class player on his day, he's only 26 and is almost at his peak, he will not be losing value any time soon, there is no huge need to sell him on..

They really need to start pumping news about Andre Ayew out there and mention the minimum we would take for him. The more articles they can get out to the media, the more people will take a look at him - lets hope he keeps performing well in the africans cup to make him worth more.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:26]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:26 - Jul 7 with 2045 viewsBadlands

Although there has been speculation about these two it has always been just that. BIrch has said that any exceptional offer for McBurnie would be too good to ignore (and I assume that is true of any player).
However the timing strikes me as very odd, especially as there has been no approach to the club about with MVdH or McBurnie. AFter a week with the new manager we are hearing about players we would have wanted to keep in terms of transfers and price.
HOlloway by Christmas?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 1985 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 7 by Swanseaman

With the club saying that 20mill and 10mill are the least we would sell for, this could be seen as the club preventing them being sold. It's similar to a couple of years before we got promoted to the premier when we started to say that we had certain players who were not for sale (like williams), and we were no longer a selling club.

But it could also be seen as a call out to premier clubs to take a look at these players, putting them in the shop window - these are definitely affordable prices to premier teams, probably as back up players, or good substitutions.

i'd much prefer to hear our club say that they are not for sale, especially concerning McBurnie, although VDH is a class player on his day, he's only 26 and is almost at his peak, he will not be losing value any time soon, there is no huge need to sell him on..

They really need to start pumping news about Andre Ayew out there and mention the minimum we would take for him. The more articles they can get out to the media, the more people will take a look at him - lets hope he keeps performing well in the africans cup to make him worth more.

The only need to sell VDH is that he is in the last season of his extended contract and doesn’t seem to be interested in a new one.

He will have very little value in the January window and none at the end of the season if he doesn’t sign a new contract.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:52 - Jul 7 with 1969 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:47 - Jul 7 by dobjack2

The only need to sell VDH is that he is in the last season of his extended contract and doesn’t seem to be interested in a new one.

He will have very little value in the January window and none at the end of the season if he doesn’t sign a new contract.

Good point. in that case we have to offer him a new contact and if he wants to move we will have to let him go. Have we offered him a new contact?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:53]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:07 - Jul 7 with 1931 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 12:49 - Jul 7 by nantywatcher

I would be more than happy with that scenario.

Why?
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:08 - Jul 7 with 1928 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:52 - Jul 7 by Swanseaman

Good point. in that case we have to offer him a new contact and if he wants to move we will have to let him go. Have we offered him a new contact?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 13:53]

We were in negotiations all through the first part of the year according to him in interviews.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 7 with 1894 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:15 - Jul 7 by Chief

A free transfer to play alongside Rodon who's only had 1 season in senior football himself? Really?

So you reckon the Yanks are going to spend money on bringing in a centre half?

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:30 - Jul 7 with 1872 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:17 - Jul 7 by Swanseaman

They clearly are for sale though. All our players are for sale at the right price.
I don't think the prices quoted would put clubs off if they are interested.

I agree about the other players like Ayew though. Get their names in the press more.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 1855 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 13:26 - Jul 7 by Badlands

Although there has been speculation about these two it has always been just that. BIrch has said that any exceptional offer for McBurnie would be too good to ignore (and I assume that is true of any player).
However the timing strikes me as very odd, especially as there has been no approach to the club about with MVdH or McBurnie. AFter a week with the new manager we are hearing about players we would have wanted to keep in terms of transfers and price.
HOlloway by Christmas?

No way. I think he's going to do really well. Hopefully we can keep hold of Cooper for years to come.

As for the speculation. There has been various press articles about Oli being wanted by Brighton and Sheff Utd, so it's good to get replies out early I think.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:40 - Jul 7 with 1851 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:30 - Jul 7 by jackrmee

They clearly are for sale though. All our players are for sale at the right price.
I don't think the prices quoted would put clubs off if they are interested.

I agree about the other players like Ayew though. Get their names in the press more.

There has been far too much press about the Ayews crippling us financially and us being desperate to get rid of them, that isn't good for getting the best price ( although most clubs would know this happens to other clubs after premier relegation).

They should be getting good press out there, showing what a good player he can be - reminding people that he really can be a great player. Pump this out enough to the media and eventually there would be interest in him. But if clubs know that we will let him go cheap, we'll get less that he is worth just like with Jordan.

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:53 - Jul 7 with 1812 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:40 - Jul 7 by Swanseaman

There has been far too much press about the Ayews crippling us financially and us being desperate to get rid of them, that isn't good for getting the best price ( although most clubs would know this happens to other clubs after premier relegation).

They should be getting good press out there, showing what a good player he can be - reminding people that he really can be a great player. Pump this out enough to the media and eventually there would be interest in him. But if clubs know that we will let him go cheap, we'll get less that he is worth just like with Jordan.

All well and good but there is the none too small matter of his wages.

I can’t see anyone wanting to pay what he is supposed to be on and I suspect that he will happily go on loan and have us make up the difference in wages.
Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:02 - Jul 7 with 1787 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:53 - Jul 7 by dobjack2

All well and good but there is the none too small matter of his wages.

I can’t see anyone wanting to pay what he is supposed to be on and I suspect that he will happily go on loan and have us make up the difference in wages.

That's true, he would need some premiership interest with the wages wages he's on

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 15:03 - Jul 7 with 1778 viewsChief

Swansea City Transfer Thread on 14:24 - Jul 7 by jackrmee

So you reckon the Yanks are going to spend money on bringing in a centre half?

I have no faith whatsoever that that they'd spend money on a capable centre half no. That's why VDH must stay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024