Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routeledge 09:02 - May 18 with 7599 viewsexiledinenglandjack

On the released list 🤷🏻‍♂️
Routeledge on 16:34 - May 18 with 949 viewsjasper_T

Routeledge on 16:18 - May 18 by dobjack2

I think lack of balance is a big issue.

Apart from Dan and Dyer, all our “wingers” are better playing inside but don’t score enough goals when they are there. Which puts the pressure on Mcburnie.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if we try 3 at the back and wingbacks for width. If we lose Dan and sign a striker then assuming we keep VDH Rodon and grimes we are probably a centre back light with harries/cabango as cover and have Byers, Fulton and Celina vying for 2 spots with Grimes. Which again seems light and unbalanced, especially away from home. Loan market seems the way to go.

If Potter and Macauley stay, hopefully they have a better idea of what the squad and division need compared to last summer.

Potter said recently he doesn't like a back three with three centre halves, as things can get "flat". To make it work well you need at least one player capable of stepping out into midfield, and the outside cbs need to be good at defending wide areas. Last season we had Naughton playing on the right side, this season Grimes has done it on the left. So I don't think we're necessarily any lighter at the back should we play that system rather than a back four. The bigger issue would be getting 46 games out of John and Roberts as the wingbacks.
Routeledge on 16:36 - May 18 with 942 viewsmonmouth

Routeledge on 16:34 - May 18 by jasper_T

Potter said recently he doesn't like a back three with three centre halves, as things can get "flat". To make it work well you need at least one player capable of stepping out into midfield, and the outside cbs need to be good at defending wide areas. Last season we had Naughton playing on the right side, this season Grimes has done it on the left. So I don't think we're necessarily any lighter at the back should we play that system rather than a back four. The bigger issue would be getting 46 games out of John and Roberts as the wingbacks.

Or two good games out of John, over 46.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Routeledge on 19:49 - May 18 with 852 viewsdobjack2

Routeledge on 16:34 - May 18 by jasper_T

Ah well this tidy discussion appears to be well and truly fecked now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024