Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking news - Potter’s gone 16:51 - May 18 with 26454 viewsSPboy

Looks like it’s official

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/graham-potter-to-leave-swansea-
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:34 - May 18 with 2599 viewsSTID2017

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:24 - May 18 by giantstoneater

You know the usual stuff I'm in it for the long haul that kind of stuff general manager guff! Do I blame him perhaps no and I've no doubt the Board have lied constantly to him but just what is the point of a contract! I just can't help feeling disappointed in Potter I thought he would stick it out what do I know.

We all feel gutted, but contracts literally mean nothing when clubs come calling for players or managers.
I don't think he lied - he played the loyalty card as they all do, but had no guarantees that any PL club would come calling.
I feel he has to get as far away from our crazy club as possible.
Swans are like a mad uncle - you love him but know he's barking.
At the moment that's what it's like being a Swans supporter.
There's a lot more pain to come I fear.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:35 - May 18 with 2606 viewsJack123

Personally I just think he fell on his feet, pretty good comradery between the players, and it's made him look better than he is, as a manager.. Time will tell, but I think the closeness of our squad this year has been more more down to Oli.

libera nos a malo

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:36 - May 18 with 2576 viewslonglostjack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:32 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

Delme Parfitt tweet:

<<Everything I’ve been told suggests Potter would have stayed had he been given assurances Swansea would be in a position to have a go next season. Obviously they aren’t going to be. That’s the most concerning thing for Swans fans.>>

Come on the Trust. Time to give the lawyers a kick up the bum.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:37 - May 18 with 2559 viewsWxmJax

Can't blame him in the current climate. I would have done the same. Still pissed off he's going though. At least dyssy will be happy.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:37 - May 18 with 2541 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He blows our best chance of going back up and then leaves at the first opportunity.

When was the last time one of our managers left on a high? Probably Brendan.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:40 - May 18 with 2508 viewsgiantstoneater

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:34 - May 18 by STID2017

We all feel gutted, but contracts literally mean nothing when clubs come calling for players or managers.
I don't think he lied - he played the loyalty card as they all do, but had no guarantees that any PL club would come calling.
I feel he has to get as far away from our crazy club as possible.
Swans are like a mad uncle - you love him but know he's barking.
At the moment that's what it's like being a Swans supporter.
There's a lot more pain to come I fear.

You're right of course STID but still can't help feeling let down boy do we need a hero!
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:43 - May 18 with 2466 viewsSmellyplumz

This club is fukked and we've all just stood around and let it happen. League 2 here we come.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:43 - May 18 with 2467 viewsmonmouth

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:32 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

Delme Parfitt tweet:

<<Everything I’ve been told suggests Potter would have stayed had he been given assurances Swansea would be in a position to have a go next season. Obviously they aren’t going to be. That’s the most concerning thing for Swans fans.>>

Parfitt is pretty well known as a non-journalist. And he's a rugby wallah. Who would tell him that anyway? No one but Potter or the Yanks would know and the yanks wouldn't be saying it. So Potter self justifying at best.

Doesn't mean it's definitely not true, but what does 'having a go' mean? Spending money we dont have like Bolton. No thanks. I don't trust the yanks an inch but I don't think they'd let us go bust and that's the real danger, not shooting speculatively at the premiership circus that's already pretty much f^cked us up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:47 - May 18 with 2382 viewsjasper_T

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:35 - May 18 by Jack123

Personally I just think he fell on his feet, pretty good comradery between the players, and it's made him look better than he is, as a manager.. Time will tell, but I think the closeness of our squad this year has been more more down to Oli.

Oli and the other lads on Twitter egging each other on to sign new contracts, yeah.

There's a great spirit and togetherness and desire to see each other succeed among our u23s veterans. Such a nice change from the late PL era.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 with 2363 viewsAngelRangelQS

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:43 - May 18 by monmouth

Parfitt is pretty well known as a non-journalist. And he's a rugby wallah. Who would tell him that anyway? No one but Potter or the Yanks would know and the yanks wouldn't be saying it. So Potter self justifying at best.

Doesn't mean it's definitely not true, but what does 'having a go' mean? Spending money we dont have like Bolton. No thanks. I don't trust the yanks an inch but I don't think they'd let us go bust and that's the real danger, not shooting speculatively at the premiership circus that's already pretty much f^cked us up.

100% spot on.

We are still reeling from the PL. We still have financial commitments we may very well be unable to get out of.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 with 2353 viewsjasper_T

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:24 - May 18 by giantstoneater

You know the usual stuff I'm in it for the long haul that kind of stuff general manager guff! Do I blame him perhaps no and I've no doubt the Board have lied constantly to him but just what is the point of a contract! I just can't help feeling disappointed in Potter I thought he would stick it out what do I know.

The point of a contract is we get £3m when he jumps ship, instead of nothing.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 with 2346 viewsCaptain_Sham

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:33 - May 18 by jazzswan

Meanwhile over in an Alternate Universe. On Saturday March 16th they had VAR at that version of the Liberty Stadium, which resulted in Swansea City progressing further in the FA Cup. As a result, in that universe today a certain Mr Potter is at Wembley leading his Swansea City team out in the FA Cup Final! HOORAGHH! As opposed to the Mr. Potter currently house hunting in Brighton in our reality! The smallest of mistakes can result in the biggest of changes...
[Post edited 19 May 2019 0:58]

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

Its just a ride.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:52 - May 18 with 2265 viewsNeath_Jack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

100% spot on.

We are still reeling from the PL. We still have financial commitments we may very well be unable to get out of.

Yeah but, but, Potter would never ever leave for more money to a club in the Premier League, it must be someone at the club's fault...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:53 - May 18 with 2265 viewsPrivate_Partz

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:37 - May 18 by WxmJax

Can't blame him in the current climate. I would have done the same. Still pissed off he's going though. At least dyssy will be happy.

Indeed. If he has gone I don't blame him. I don't trust the yanks and if true this will show what a shower of sh!t is running this club.
Only way is down if these press reports are true.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:58 - May 18 with 2159 viewsNotLoyal

And there was me thinking he had a job to do.
He obviously doesn't trust the yanks and knows the asset stripping continues.
Who fancies a protest, let's walk somewhere shouting things.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:59 - May 18 with 2118 viewsAngelRangelQS

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

His name in the alternate universe??
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:01 - May 18 with 2084 viewsNotLoyal

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:35 - May 18 by Jack123

Unlikely. But we do have better players and more flexible players than Brighton.
So he could get a fúcking.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:01 - May 18 with 2076 viewsmagicdaps10

Reassurances were not given by all account, all over twitter. There are also stories that the yanks are looking to offload before purchasing.

Looks like it is going to be a tough summer with a tough season.

The worry level is notching up another few levels.....to think there are still naive posters on here defending the yanks.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:04 - May 18 with 2032 viewsjasper_T

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:01 - May 18 by magicdaps10

Reassurances were not given by all account, all over twitter. There are also stories that the yanks are looking to offload before purchasing.

Looks like it is going to be a tough summer with a tough season.

The worry level is notching up another few levels.....to think there are still naive posters on here defending the yanks.

Did anyone think we wouldn't have to sell before thinking about buying? That's life in the Championship, and especially for us with the Ayews still on the books earning as much as Bristol's whole first team between them.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:04 - May 18 with 2032 viewssainthelens

And worse of all, we'll have the fckn nonsense reterick we are supposed to swallow on its way.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:06 - May 18 with 1990 viewsAngelRangelQS

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:04 - May 18 by jasper_T

Did anyone think we wouldn't have to sell before thinking about buying? That's life in the Championship, and especially for us with the Ayews still on the books earning as much as Bristol's whole first team between them.

Well magic daps did.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:07 - May 18 with 1988 viewsunion_jack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:04 - May 18 by sainthelens

And worse of all, we'll have the fckn nonsense reterick we are supposed to swallow on its way.

*rhetoric, but apart from that I agree!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:08 - May 18 with 1964 viewsmagicdaps10

What stupid clowns decided to but Andre Ayew and give him the wages........if that is the issue then blame the source.

The signing of Ayew was a joke, look back at the posts on here in the build up to us signing Ayew.

As I said....source.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:09 - May 18 with 1947 viewsNeath_Jack

You're wasting your time trying to reason with them, they live in a fantasy football manager dreamland. And you can absolutely guarantee that if we did go out and buy players, some of which didn't work out, which sent us spiralling towards going into administration, they would be the exact same posters screaming about that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:09 - May 18 with 1944 viewsmagicdaps10

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:06 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

Well magic daps did.

Did I!?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024