Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking news - Potter’s gone 16:51 - May 18 with 26364 viewsSPboy

Looks like it’s official

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/18/graham-potter-to-leave-swansea-
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:10 - May 18 with 3128 viewsWxmJax

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:37 - May 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He blows our best chance of going back up and then leaves at the first opportunity.

When was the last time one of our managers left on a high? Probably Brendan.

The club got rid of 16, mostly first choice, players. How does that make it our best chance ? You voting for the brexit party by any chance ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:12 - May 18 with 3094 viewsdobjack2

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:04 - May 18 by jasper_T

Did anyone think we wouldn't have to sell before thinking about buying? That's life in the Championship, and especially for us with the Ayews still on the books earning as much as Bristol's whole first team between them.

But didn’t they have relegation clauses in their contracts ....

The unsustainable and financially irresponsible contracts agreed by our former chairman are still biting us hard. His legacy lives on.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:18 - May 18 with 3035 viewsAngelRangelQS

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:09 - May 18 by magicdaps10

Did I!?

Well clearly because once again you’re throwing your toys out of the pram
Breaking news - Potter’s gone (n/t) on 19:21 - May 18 with 2985 viewsDanWelsh86

Thing is lads, I like Potter as a manger.

Would I prefer he stayed? Yes, however he did also make a lot of mistakes. Would he have learned from those mistakes with a better squad? Who knows.

Good luck to him, he stabilised a very uncertain ship and let's go forward and use the compo money to get someone else in.

If the Yanks do not do this and use the capital for their own gain, then we must revolt.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 19:23]
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:23 - May 18 with 2950 viewsperplex

This fan base must be up there with the most gullible around, you were told a long time ago by the educated street wise and logical thinkers like myself exactly what these owners were up to, I wash my hands of you you gutless bunch of Muppets, sitting back and doing nothing but moaning as your club gets bled dry ffs.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:34 - May 18 with 2856 viewsJango

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:23 - May 18 by perplex

This fan base must be up there with the most gullible around, you were told a long time ago by the educated street wise and logical thinkers like myself exactly what these owners were up to, I wash my hands of you you gutless bunch of Muppets, sitting back and doing nothing but moaning as your club gets bled dry ffs.

What exactly have you done about it?
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:38 - May 18 with 2794 viewsmagicdaps10

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:18 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

Am I!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:44 - May 18 with 2746 viewsCroftyjack

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 16:55 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

Absolutely gutted.

Bailing out on first opportunity. Hope Brighton get relegated.

Good chance they will as they were lucky there were 3 extremely poor teams ...Potter win vbe able to experiment like he did here you gotta be up and runner Ng...sadly I think he be sacked before the seasons out...in the meanwhile we get promoted 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:57 - May 18 with 2676 viewsPentyrchJack

No loyalty at all.

He was offered an improved contract making him one of the best paid Championship managers.

I liked what he did even if he lacked the ability to o close out some crucial games from winning positions.

Very disappointed. He's walked out with his backroom and left us in the lurch.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 20:15 - May 18 with 2557 viewsmajorraglan

Just seen this. I am very disappointed that he’s gone, all things considered he’s done a good job at Swansea, stabilised the ship in choppy waters and has introduced some new exciting players to the first team.
I can understand why he’s gone, players are being sold/moved on, finances under pressure and he’s got the chance (maybe the chance of a lifetime) to take a job in the Premier League, much more exposure, backing, kudos and money. We are fans of Swansea City and have different views to a lot of people, to most it’s just a business or a pay cheque.
I believe that had t not been for some of the shocking transfer business over the last few years and the need to balance the books, he would have been backed and he would have taken the club to the Premier League. I expect a player or 2to follow him to Brighton.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 20:46 - May 18 with 2370 viewsFireboy2

I am utterly gutted.

Simple as.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:01 - May 18 with 2272 views34dfgdf54

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 20:15 - May 18 by majorraglan

Just seen this. I am very disappointed that he’s gone, all things considered he’s done a good job at Swansea, stabilised the ship in choppy waters and has introduced some new exciting players to the first team.
I can understand why he’s gone, players are being sold/moved on, finances under pressure and he’s got the chance (maybe the chance of a lifetime) to take a job in the Premier League, much more exposure, backing, kudos and money. We are fans of Swansea City and have different views to a lot of people, to most it’s just a business or a pay cheque.
I believe that had t not been for some of the shocking transfer business over the last few years and the need to balance the books, he would have been backed and he would have taken the club to the Premier League. I expect a player or 2to follow him to Brighton.

I can’t see many players following.

Maybe James but he’s going regardless. My only other worry is Oli as they are desperate for reinforcements up top.

VDH not better than Dunk or Duffy. Grimes not ready for PL yet (imo).
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:15 - May 18 with 2205 viewsdonnybackspin

Well it's just keeps getting more exciting.

I can't say I'll miss Potter, I thought he blew it with his constant changing of the team and his continued trust in that idiot Nordfelt.

No matter what happens we can look forward to some great away days... Cardiff and Bristol..

Anyone looking forward to.out exciting pre season😂 previous years Holland Germany and USA.. this year Bristol Rovers and Crawley!!!
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:18 - May 18 with 2187 viewsTenbySwan

Like everyone I am really dissapointed, let down, more than a bit deflated etc.

But just been watching the news on Sky reporting on the community at Bolton who have been buying food for the local food bank to turn up at the Reebok stadium to give out food parcels to the staff, the clerical staff, match day staff , ticket office staff, shop staff etc. Who haven't been paid for months.. At the other end of the spectrum financial fair play cheats Man City are celebrating a domestic treble.

Yes, football is sickening at times.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:27 - May 18 with 2137 viewsSirjohnalot

It is business and savage one at that. For all those saying Potter is a snake, and lacks loyalty, imagine the scenario of his turning down the chance to manage in the Premiership, and he loses the first 6-7 games of next season. Do you think the club would show him loyalty ? How many people on here would be demanding his head ?

Loyalty works both ways.

Personally, I’m gutted he’s gone, but don’t blame him, it’s likely he sought assurances which weren’t there. Onwards and upwards (or downwards)
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:32 - May 18 with 2078 viewsFireboy2

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:27 - May 18 by Sirjohnalot

It is business and savage one at that. For all those saying Potter is a snake, and lacks loyalty, imagine the scenario of his turning down the chance to manage in the Premiership, and he loses the first 6-7 games of next season. Do you think the club would show him loyalty ? How many people on here would be demanding his head ?

Loyalty works both ways.

Personally, I’m gutted he’s gone, but don’t blame him, it’s likely he sought assurances which weren’t there. Onwards and upwards (or downwards)

Your last paragraph is spot on John.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:36 - May 18 with 2042 viewsswan65split

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:01 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

I can’t see many players following.

Maybe James but he’s going regardless. My only other worry is Oli as they are desperate for reinforcements up top.

VDH not better than Dunk or Duffy. Grimes not ready for PL yet (imo).

James and Oli may follow him, they need forwards desperately , and lets be honest about it, it was James pace that [otter played on at times.
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:39 - May 18 with 2029 viewsCaptain_Sham

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 19:18 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

How many threads has he started this time? I have the stupid cnt on ignore.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 21:44]

Its just a ride.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:42 - May 18 with 1990 viewsmagicdaps10

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:39 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

But yet you want to know what I am up to!!!

Captain c*nt at his best.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:43 - May 18 with 1997 viewsDarran

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:39 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:52 - May 18 with 1940 viewscurleigh

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:55 - May 18 with 1908 viewsdobjack2

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 18:48 - May 18 by Captain_Sham

Who the fk is Gary Potter?

No it’s who the fk is Alice
Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:02 - May 18 with 1858 viewsGlyn1

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:55 - May 18 by dobjack2

No it’s who the fk is Alice

Alice?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:09 - May 18 with 1800 viewsGlyn1

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 21:36 - May 18 by swan65split

James and Oli may follow him, they need forwards desperately , and lets be honest about it, it was James pace that [otter played on at times.

The more clubs that are seriously interested in James the higher the price will be, so that's good news. Personally, I'm expecting £5 million plus unrealistic add ons.

"It was James pace that Potter played on at times." I'm genuinely not sure if that is praise or a criticism.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 22:12]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:11 - May 18 with 1785 viewsNotLoyal

Breaking news - Potter’s gone on 22:02 - May 18 by Glyn1

Alice?

Alice ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024