Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next Manager 17:07 - May 18 with 52393 viewsmagicdaps10

Come on then lads.

Who?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our next Manager on 00:07 - May 24 with 4680 viewsN_T_J

Our next Manager on 23:45 - May 23 by londontaffia

I think we should go for our own home born Chris Coleman, he was unlucky in China...he did a decent job for the national team, admittedly I only watched him on the Telly as I don’t like going to Wales games unless they are at the liberty but he knows what it takes to get us where we deserve.....

He wouldnt manage his home town club.
Our next Manager on 00:29 - May 24 with 4629 viewsDJack

I think we should go for our own home born Chris Coleman, he was unlucky in China...he did a decent job for the national team, admittedly I only watched him on the Telly as I don’t like going to Wales games unless they are at the liberty but he knows what it takes to get us where we deserve.....

Still fùcking up the ellipsis.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Our next Manager on 07:35 - May 24 with 4435 viewsmagicdaps10

Interestingly, Sky bet are not giving odds on Oscar Garcia as the next Manager.
Friend of mine requested odds on him and he was told that there are no odds on him but other requests have been given without hesitation.

Would anyone know why they would not give odds upon request?

Our next Manager on 07:58 - May 24 with 4395 views34dfgdf54

Our next Manager on 21:39 - May 23 by magicdaps10

Gus Poyet come in from nowhere with sky......5/2.

Second favourite.

I'd be absolutely gutted.
Our next Manager on 08:04 - May 24 with 4378 viewsWarwickHunt

Our next Manager on 21:39 - May 23 by magicdaps10

Gus Poyet come in from nowhere with sky......5/2.

Second favourite.

He’s been mentioned for the last half dozen jobs - the law of averages might kick in.
Our next Manager on 08:56 - May 24 with 4317 viewsjackrmee

Our next Manager on 16:41 - May 23 by Thrasher6

Aitor Karanka...if the rumours are to be believed...

Defensive as fuk. No thanks.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Our next Manager on 09:00 - May 24 with 4304 viewsjackrmee

SUrely not the type of football we want to play?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Our next Manager on 09:02 - May 24 with 4302 viewsjackrmee

Our next Manager on 17:33 - May 23 by Thrasher6

The coach
A true original, Michael Köllner is a sportswriter's dream in terms of his backstory and no less of an inspiration to his young Nuremberg charges. Incredibly, the 48-year-old is taking charge of his first senior side a little over a year since answering Der Club's call. A qualified dental assistant who served for eight years as a medical assistant in the German armed forces, Köllner is also an author, having penned a manual on football tactics. After 15 years working with the DFB, the tactician decided to mix things up in his life by looking at professional football coaching.

Coach Michael Köllner has a background no other coach can boast of. - © gettyimages / Grimm / Bongarts
And things have gone astoundingly well since. The sort of coach who gives books as gifts to his players at Christmas, for "education has not harmed anyone yet," Köllner also brought his charges to visit a monastery while he often insists they switch off their smart phones and communicate with each other more. Extra time spent in the dining room is encouraged so that conversation between teammates can flourish. Yet Köllner does have his hard side, mixing the sort of arm around the shoulder with a disciplined approach to great effect. Team spirit is thus the key.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/nuremberg-promoted-hanno-behrens-m
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:34]

Now this guy on the other hand...
I'd be getting him over for some talks without doubt. How long has he been out of a job?

Login to get fewer ads

Our next Manager on 09:38 - May 24 with 4254 viewsThornburyswan

Our next Manager on 20:42 - May 23 by Swansea93

Alan Tate @ 8/1

5s now did you chuck a £10 on at 8s?
Our next Manager on 09:57 - May 25 with 3998 viewsSwansea93

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068869/Newport-boss-Flynn-Wh

Flynn seems well respected.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Our next Manager on 10:04 - May 25 with 3956 viewsThrasher6

Our next Manager on 09:57 - May 25 by Swansea93

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068869/Newport-boss-Flynn-Wh

Flynn seems well respected.

The football Newport play is neolithic....count me out...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Our next Manager on 17:59 - May 25 with 3652 viewsbermudajack

Our next Manager on 10:04 - May 25 by Thrasher6

The football Newport play is neolithic....count me out...

Just watched the Newport v Tranmere Play off final and oh my god... 😳
Like watching Wimbledon vs Charlton in 1988 😳
That pitch didn’t need any grass on it 😫
As far from the “Swansea way” as you could imagine...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Our next Manager on 22:46 - May 25 with 3460 viewsdameedna

Our next Manager on 17:19 - May 20 by FCKrogh

You should look at Kasper Hjulmand former head coach of FC Nordsjælland from Denmark. Excellent at developing young players and playing The Swansea Way. He would take Morten Wieghorst with him as an assistent. As you know he was assistant under Laudrup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasper_Hjulmand
[Post edited 20 May 2019 17:49]

Makes sense. ML wanted to leave Wags in charge. Not sure he would come back. Once bitten.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 22:46]
Our next Manager on 09:47 - May 26 with 3198 viewsPentyrchJack

Dicky mentioned Chris Davies who has been Assistant to Brendan Rogers at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and norw Leicester. A young and experienced coach who one day surely will be looking to step away from the brightness and glare of Brendan’s fake teeth.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Our next Manager on 09:50 - May 26 with 3187 viewsThrasher6

Our next Manager on 09:47 - May 26 by PentyrchJack

Dicky mentioned Chris Davies who has been Assistant to Brendan Rogers at Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and norw Leicester. A young and experienced coach who one day surely will be looking to step away from the brightness and glare of Brendan’s fake teeth.

Agreed..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Our next Manager on 13:45 - May 26 with 2951 viewsPentyrchJack

Our next Manager on 17:28 - May 23 by Magic_Michu

Michael Köllner Looks a far more exciting option than any other name I’ve seen put out there.

Yes please

He’d be a massive risk as he’s mostly managed youth teams until stepping up for Nuremburg senior tram which ended in failure.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Our next Manager on 14:05 - May 26 with 2880 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Our next Manager on 09:47 - May 26 by PentyrchJack

That was the theory with Paul Clement.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our next Manager on 19:45 - May 26 with 2666 viewsBytholWyn

Our next Manager on 17:19 - May 20 by FCKrogh

You should look at Kasper Hjulmand former head coach of FC Nordsjælland from Denmark. Excellent at developing young players and playing The Swansea Way. He would take Morten Wieghorst with him as an assistent. As you know he was assistant under Laudrup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasper_Hjulmand
[Post edited 20 May 2019 17:49]

I've yet to hear a better call than this. His pedigree is similar to Potter's, and has been a manager for a similar length of time. He's also available, owing to a fall-out with the owners when Anderlecht wanted to appoint him earlier this year, but Nordsjælland wouldn't allow him to leave at that point without compensation.

This article gives an impression of what he's about: http://bundesligafanatic.com/20140516/a-closer-look-at-the-coaching-style-of-mai

Although he didn't last long at Mainz his record (5W - 11D - 8L) wasn't that bad for Bundesliga newboys, and they were outside the relegation zone when he was sacked. He's since done well again with Nordsjælland, who are a similar relative size in Denmark to Ostersunds in Sweden.

This sentence certainly gets my juices flowing:

"Hjulmand has done so by implementing a playing style with a high focus on possession and short passes, leading his FC Nordsjælland side to be named a mini-Barcelona by some observers. "

This comment backs that up: "At one point a Danish journalist needed some statistics on FC Nordsjælland’s possession in their championship season and thus texted Hjulmand. A few seconds later the answer arrived: “59.6%. Last year 63% with 618 passes on average”.

Also: “He is also an emphatic coach with a clear and creative philosophy — and quite a lot of charisma. I think Mainz see some of the same in Hjulmand as they once saw in Klopp”.

Our track record with managers may put him off judging by this comment: “It matters to Hjulmand that he’s allowed to build his project as he did in Nordsjælland. Had it been Hamburg or any other club who change their coach every third month, he would probably quickly find himself out of the club again”. However, we may be able to convince him that he'll be given more time at Swansea given the change of circumstances and approach after our relegation.

There may be better options out there, but on the face of it he's certainly someone we should be seriously considering.

Important though the next managerial appointment is, getting the right recruitment team in place is probably more important in the long term. At least Birch seems to acknowledge this, so that gives me some grounds for optimism.
Our next Manager on 21:06 - May 26 with 2564 viewsTNT

Our next Manager on 19:45 - May 26 by BytholWyn

I've yet to hear a better call than this. His pedigree is similar to Potter's, and has been a manager for a similar length of time. He's also available, owing to a fall-out with the owners when Anderlecht wanted to appoint him earlier this year, but Nordsjælland wouldn't allow him to leave at that point without compensation.

This article gives an impression of what he's about: http://bundesligafanatic.com/20140516/a-closer-look-at-the-coaching-style-of-mai

Although he didn't last long at Mainz his record (5W - 11D - 8L) wasn't that bad for Bundesliga newboys, and they were outside the relegation zone when he was sacked. He's since done well again with Nordsjælland, who are a similar relative size in Denmark to Ostersunds in Sweden.

This sentence certainly gets my juices flowing:

"Hjulmand has done so by implementing a playing style with a high focus on possession and short passes, leading his FC Nordsjælland side to be named a mini-Barcelona by some observers. "

This comment backs that up: "At one point a Danish journalist needed some statistics on FC Nordsjælland’s possession in their championship season and thus texted Hjulmand. A few seconds later the answer arrived: “59.6%. Last year 63% with 618 passes on average”.

Also: “He is also an emphatic coach with a clear and creative philosophy — and quite a lot of charisma. I think Mainz see some of the same in Hjulmand as they once saw in Klopp”.

Our track record with managers may put him off judging by this comment: “It matters to Hjulmand that he’s allowed to build his project as he did in Nordsjælland. Had it been Hamburg or any other club who change their coach every third month, he would probably quickly find himself out of the club again”. However, we may be able to convince him that he'll be given more time at Swansea given the change of circumstances and approach after our relegation.

There may be better options out there, but on the face of it he's certainly someone we should be seriously considering.

Important though the next managerial appointment is, getting the right recruitment team in place is probably more important in the long term. At least Birch seems to acknowledge this, so that gives me some grounds for optimism.

There've been worse suggestions on here tbf BW.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our next Manager on 21:14 - May 26 with 2541 viewsmagicdaps10

Our next Manager on 21:06 - May 26 by TNT

There've been worse suggestions on here tbf BW.

Looking and reading all that and looking at his history and age, think he would be a perfect choice.

Our next Manager on 21:19 - May 26 with 2511 viewsplasjack

The more I think about it, the more I am coming round to an in house appointment, lack of contacts a big concern, but within our financial restraints.
Our next Manager on 21:30 - May 26 with 2470 viewsmagicdaps10

Our next Manager on 21:19 - May 26 by plasjack

The more I think about it, the more I am coming round to an in house appointment, lack of contacts a big concern, but within our financial restraints.

Lets look at this Hjumland. Being a Scandinavian then he would be used to working with youngsters, they are renowned for nurturing youngsters into the first team. He would also have a good knowledge of the scandanavian leagues and a decent one of the German league, for me, it is important to have someone with a wider knowledge than that of just the English pyramid.

Our next Manager on 00:29 - May 27 with 2279 viewsBytholWyn

I'd be curious to hear more from FCKrogh, who I'm guessing is Danish. What is the latest take on Hjulmand? What sort of formations and tactics do his sides adopt?

Another big factor in his favour is his association with Morten Wieghorst, given his tenure as assistant to Laudrup. Wieghorst might not be keen on coming back to Swansea of course, but given that the people in charge have completely changed there shouldn't be any good reasons for him not wanting to return. Apart from the weather of course.
Our next Manager on 14:49 - May 27 with 2100 viewsLandore_Jack

Alan Tate: Club legend interested in Swansea City manager's job

"I have spoken to the new chairman [Trevor Birch] about different things. The club know where I am," Tate said.

"The chairman is a football guy and an intelligent guy. He is getting the best people in the best places he feels to help the club go forward.

"If he sees me as part of that now or in the future then great. I have never made any secret that I would love to do the [manager's] job one day."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48424011

#backtojack

Our next Manager on 15:13 - May 27 with 2008 viewsFCKrogh

Our next Manager on 00:29 - May 27 by BytholWyn

I'd be curious to hear more from FCKrogh, who I'm guessing is Danish. What is the latest take on Hjulmand? What sort of formations and tactics do his sides adopt?

Another big factor in his favour is his association with Morten Wieghorst, given his tenure as assistant to Laudrup. Wieghorst might not be keen on coming back to Swansea of course, but given that the people in charge have completely changed there shouldn't be any good reasons for him not wanting to return. Apart from the weather of course.

You guessed correct. I am Danish. (sorry for the spelling mistakes in advance)
Hjulmand is a very respected coach in danish football and possibly a future coach for the danish national team. He quit his job at FC Nordsjælland (FCN) because he wants to coach abroad. He almost got the job at Anderlecht, (but they chose Kompany) and he is now being linked with Genk and Brøndby. As a fan of FC Copenhagen, I really don't hope he ends up at Brøndby.

He won the danish championship with FC Nordsjælland in 2011 and was in the Champions League group stage. Winning the danish championship with FCN is a big deal. FCN has a small budget compared to alot of the other teams in the danish league.

Hjulmand and FC Nordsjælland are famous for giving very young players a chance to play in the danish superliga. They don't buy many players but instead make them themselves. Then selling them at a big profit. Like Swansea have to do in the future.

Look at this link from Transfermarkt.com

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-nordsjaelland/startseite/verein/2778

As you can see, most players are very young but still gets to play at the highest level in Denmark. This resulting in FCN producing some of the best talent in Denmark. The players under Hjulmand are known for having very good technique and passing skills. His teams play a lot like Swansea did under Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup. Playing out from the goal keeper with alot of passes. He plays with fast wing-backs and fast inside forwards. Either 4-3-3 or 3-4-3.

This season this 19 year old player https://www.transfermarkt.com/andreas-skov-olsen/profil/spieler/432982 has been the big talking point scoring 22 goals as a right inside forward. He is being linked with a lot of big clubs abroad. Last year nobody knew him. But Hjulmand gave him the chance.

Hjulmand used to be assistant under Wieghost in FC Nordsjælland earlier in his career but when Hjulmand was close to the Anderlecht job it was mentioned that he would bring Wieghorst as his assistant. So I think that might still be the plan. But not sure. I don't know if Wieghorst would like to go back to Swansea, but I think it helps that Huw is gone.

One of Hjulmand's good friends/colleagues is Thomas Frank, manager of Brentford.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 15:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024