Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans trust board elections. 17:27 - May 18 with 6651 viewsexiledclaseboy

As it says on the tin. Have a go. You know you want to. It’s good fun. Honest. And you’ll get a say in choosing the new manager.*

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2019/05/18/forthcoming-trust-board-elections/

* not really.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 17:29]

Poll: Tory leader

Swans trust board elections. on 23:01 - Jun 15 with 1889 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 20:49 - Jun 15 by Swanjaxs

So basically you are admitting unless you have a PhD or a professional background don't bother? What about 40 years of doing the hard yards up and down the country and abroad... you can keep your table mate and let the owners continue to laugh from the other side of the pond 👍

Ive got nothing more than an O Level and an employment background that I’ve worked my arse off for. As well as those hard yards that you’re rightly proud of. I’m no better than you or you me. I’ll vote for you if you stand so do it.

As an addendum mind, I voted for some people last year who promised the earth, got elected and produced nothing. Less than nothing in some cases.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 23:49]

Swans trust board elections. on 08:33 - Jun 16 with 1796 viewschad

Swans trust board elections. on 11:03 - Jun 15 by exiledclaseboy

Yes, there have been a couple of emails about the elections I think.

Nigel is leaving and work to identify his replacement is ongoing.

The ballot on next steps in the legal process is very close now. Hopefully the next week or two. There’s a meeting next week to hopefully finalise the accompanying documentation.

Thanks ECB, I suppose there is still no chance for any members who wish, to do a very quick review of the ballot documentation prior to circulation, to check for any errors or omissions or perceived lack of balance, if only as a prudent precaution against a repeat of the many accusations of bias that were made last time. I certainly would welcome that opportunity as a member and target audience that needs to interact with whatever offering we receive, and whatever lies Ux wishes to make up in attempts to belittle my reasonable request, I only ever suggested both at meetings and on here that that opportunity should be available to any member interested (from whatever viewpoint) as I think fairness and honesty very important.

Strange since the Trust mail on 20th May gmail has started putting Trust emails in promotions rather than primary mail box. But I only found a mail there from Tuesday on the elections and it read like an initial notification rather than a reminder. Was there an earlier one as if not Tuesday seems pretty late to mail the members given you were posting it here in mid May.

Thanks
Swans trust board elections. on 09:08 - Jun 16 with 1768 viewschad

Swans trust board elections. on 20:53 - Jun 15 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

No. I'm saying like any position on a committee, you need the best people. Just being a fan doesn't cut it these days, unfortunately for you. Imagine if we had a boardroom of fans like you? We'd be in a far bigger mess than we are now. We need experts in different fields who have a bit of nous to combat the skulduggery of board members of the past.

How did that work out for us?

‘best’ people - depends on how you define and measure this

Never mistake qualifications for all round competence or agility to act decisively and effectively

I always find a mix works best - avoids a clique of self congratulatory egos.
Swans trust board elections. on 09:19 - Jun 16 with 1756 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 08:33 - Jun 16 by chad

Thanks ECB, I suppose there is still no chance for any members who wish, to do a very quick review of the ballot documentation prior to circulation, to check for any errors or omissions or perceived lack of balance, if only as a prudent precaution against a repeat of the many accusations of bias that were made last time. I certainly would welcome that opportunity as a member and target audience that needs to interact with whatever offering we receive, and whatever lies Ux wishes to make up in attempts to belittle my reasonable request, I only ever suggested both at meetings and on here that that opportunity should be available to any member interested (from whatever viewpoint) as I think fairness and honesty very important.

Strange since the Trust mail on 20th May gmail has started putting Trust emails in promotions rather than primary mail box. But I only found a mail there from Tuesday on the elections and it read like an initial notification rather than a reminder. Was there an earlier one as if not Tuesday seems pretty late to mail the members given you were posting it here in mid May.

Thanks

Not sure how many emails have been sent. The initial election notice was posted on the website in mid- May. That notice said that the formal announcement would be on 10 June so it may well be that Tuesday’s email was the first on the election. It’s followed the usual pattern anyway. You’ve still got a week to get your form in. Let me know if you need me to sign it, I’d be more than happy to.

Swans trust board elections. on 09:26 - Jun 16 with 1744 viewsexiledclaseboy

The six board members who have to submit for re-election this year (if they choose to do so) are as follows:

Andrew Cude, Barbara Cook, Stuart McDonald, Sian Davies, Cath Dyer and Andy Godden. The one year term for co-opted board members Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin also expires at the same time.

As always, the more candidates the better. If there are only six (or less than six) there will be no election.

Swans trust board elections. on 10:15 - Jun 16 with 1715 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 20:09 - Jun 15 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

I've recently moved house. Who do I contact to ensure my current address is on the database so I get the voting forms when they materialise?

Send an email to info@swanstrust.co.uk

Swans trust board elections. on 10:16 - Jun 16 with 1714 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 20:20 - Jun 15 by Swanjaxs

In a different world maybe someone would get elected that hasn't got experience in a certain professional field, someone who would be prepared to stick thier head above the parapet and ruffle a few feathers and not worry about upsetting the owners.... in a different world

I’ll sign your nomination form.

Swans trust board elections. on 12:22 - Jun 16 with 1647 viewsUxbridge

Thanks

The way you accuse people of telling lies with absolutely zero proof or interest in proof just goes to prove why you have no credibility in terms of being an impartial reviewer of any documentation.

You want involvement? Stand for election. Here's your shot. I'll nominate you. The existing board, as some on here will be able to testify, is already very balanced in terms of different views. Also, most importantly, as board members we have access to confidential information that others can't necessarily see. This can impact the discussion and wording. As such, it wouldn't be appropriate anyway.

I hope you do raise it again in any forum. I'll happily explain why you shouldn't, if someone else doesn't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans trust board elections. on 12:56 - Jun 16 with 1612 viewsPhil_S

I won't point out the irony of someone who wants one clear action wanting to make sure the documents have a balanced feel

As Andy said we have a good balance of views on the board and some good legal advice to make sure its presented in the right way

I've already decided which way my vote is going

Oh and I'll happily sign nomination forms but as Mr cude said we did a few last year from people who promised much but have delivered very little. And some who have delivered less than that.
Swans trust board elections. on 13:14 - Jun 16 with 1586 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Is there a way for those who are unaware, to make sure they don’t vote for those people again?
Swans trust board elections. on 13:47 - Jun 16 with 1551 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 13:14 - Jun 16 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Is there a way for those who are unaware, to make sure they don’t vote for those people again?

Of the board members elected last year only myself and Barbara Cook are due to stand again this year.

Swans trust board elections. on 13:54 - Jun 16 with 1544 viewsVetchfielder

Thanks

Hi Chad.
I read your posts regarding the sale with interest and you usually raise some good points, lots of which I agree with. Similarly, I go to most Trust Forums and you bring up some good stuff there too.
I also agree, and said so at the time, that not enough weight and effort was given to the legal action route on the documentation and presentations for the first vote.
However, I am more than comfortable that the Trust Board has the ability to make the next vote a more balanced affair and , in fact, if there is any imbalance, it may be towards legal action. I'm confident that there is enough "legal action" presence on the Trust Board this time around that the documentation will be full and detailed and I trust them. So I don't see a need for any other scrutiny - in fact any further scrutiny and possible re-working will only delay things even more.

Let's just do this.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swans trust board elections. on 16:12 - Jun 16 with 1465 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans trust board elections. on 10:16 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

I’ll sign your nomination form.

Thanks mate, if I thought I'd be allowed "a square go" I'd put myself forward, but according to this Swindlhurst guy I wouldn't be "cut out" for a place on the board (fans like you and all that) honestly who the feck is he to judge anyway...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans trust board elections. on 16:55 - Jun 16 with 1436 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Swans trust board elections. on 16:12 - Jun 16 by Swanjaxs

Thanks mate, if I thought I'd be allowed "a square go" I'd put myself forward, but according to this Swindlhurst guy I wouldn't be "cut out" for a place on the board (fans like you and all that) honestly who the feck is he to judge anyway...

One person on here has a small and insignificant debate on here with you and you feel all hurt? I’d suggest you’re really not cut out for it.
Swans trust board elections. on 17:01 - Jun 16 with 1432 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swans trust board elections. on 16:12 - Jun 16 by Swanjaxs

You’d have as much of a chance as anyone with your name on the ballot paper.

Swans trust board elections. on 17:21 - Jun 16 with 1414 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Swans trust board elections. on 17:01 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

You’d have as much of a chance as anyone with your name on the ballot paper.

HE didn’t really want to get his name on there. He was just posturing on here.
Swans trust board elections. on 22:59 - Jun 16 with 1335 viewsjackrmee

Swans trust board elections. on 13:47 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Of the board members elected last year only myself and Barbara Cook are due to stand again this year.

Are we able to know who the trust board members are on this forum by any chance?
And also who is who, in terms of new applicants (if that's even the right word) and their usernames on here.

I know Phil S obviously, as he uses his own name. I know ECB (Mr Cude I'm guessing?) and Uxbridge are also on the board going by posts on here and also Lisa. I think that's the only ones I'm aware of.

I understand there's privacy etc on this site, but it would be nice to know who we are conversing with and put a face to the avatar if you will.

Being a new trust member last year and attending meetings for the first time it's quite interesting meeting people involved in that side of things.
I've been on the terraces watching the Swans for yonks, but never realised the seriousness of what goes on behind the scenes at the Trust.

All very new to me and I'm definitely not one of those with a PHd or a background in finance or anything clever, but I am interested in learning about, helping and supporting the club. The Trust get a lot of stick on here, but from what I've seen from just 1 years worth of meetings, I'm quite impressed with the words, intentions and logic of the system in place there, and the sense that most people talk when they have that mic in their hand. I sit there and think "hmmmmm, he talks sense." or "he definitely cares a lot about the club", or "how come she's not involved on the board?", but then wonder who these people actually are. I'm then trying to put 2 and 2 together going by what people write on here.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans trust board elections. on 08:32 - Jun 17 with 1263 viewsPhil_S

Swans trust board elections. on 22:59 - Jun 16 by jackrmee

Are we able to know who the trust board members are on this forum by any chance?
And also who is who, in terms of new applicants (if that's even the right word) and their usernames on here.

I know Phil S obviously, as he uses his own name. I know ECB (Mr Cude I'm guessing?) and Uxbridge are also on the board going by posts on here and also Lisa. I think that's the only ones I'm aware of.

I understand there's privacy etc on this site, but it would be nice to know who we are conversing with and put a face to the avatar if you will.

Being a new trust member last year and attending meetings for the first time it's quite interesting meeting people involved in that side of things.
I've been on the terraces watching the Swans for yonks, but never realised the seriousness of what goes on behind the scenes at the Trust.

All very new to me and I'm definitely not one of those with a PHd or a background in finance or anything clever, but I am interested in learning about, helping and supporting the club. The Trust get a lot of stick on here, but from what I've seen from just 1 years worth of meetings, I'm quite impressed with the words, intentions and logic of the system in place there, and the sense that most people talk when they have that mic in their hand. I sit there and think "hmmmmm, he talks sense." or "he definitely cares a lot about the club", or "how come she's not involved on the board?", but then wonder who these people actually are. I'm then trying to put 2 and 2 together going by what people write on here.

I think it is fair to say that people should only reveal who they are behind a username when they choose to do so. I agree it would be helpful and if you search back to some of the posts from this time last year I think a couple of the newer people referenced themselves in their election spiel.

The piece about having qualifications etc is not strictly right. Yes we have people with relevant skills (Lisa being a classic example) but like Mr Clasey I left school with a few O levels, gained some qualification at college that I think I got free in a packet of cornflakes and have just worked hard since then.

Like those that say it is some level of addition to the Trust board I did many many years of hard graft following the Swans to some dreadful places with some people who did it for the same reasons. I like to think that gives me some concept as to what is important for the fans whilst my professional life gives me some grounding as to how you best handle situations and work things through to conclusions/results.

The full Trust board is listed on our website, you have four members on here that you have listed there are a few more but look back a few weeks, I think some of the posts made last year were bumped up and discussions had. When I get chance later if you haven't found them I will see if I can find them for you!
Swans trust board elections. on 09:59 - Jun 17 with 1212 viewsdameedna

Nice
Swans trust board elections. on 10:36 - Jun 17 with 1190 viewsUxbridge

Swans trust board elections. on 08:32 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

I think it is fair to say that people should only reveal who they are behind a username when they choose to do so. I agree it would be helpful and if you search back to some of the posts from this time last year I think a couple of the newer people referenced themselves in their election spiel.

The piece about having qualifications etc is not strictly right. Yes we have people with relevant skills (Lisa being a classic example) but like Mr Clasey I left school with a few O levels, gained some qualification at college that I think I got free in a packet of cornflakes and have just worked hard since then.

Like those that say it is some level of addition to the Trust board I did many many years of hard graft following the Swans to some dreadful places with some people who did it for the same reasons. I like to think that gives me some concept as to what is important for the fans whilst my professional life gives me some grounding as to how you best handle situations and work things through to conclusions/results.

The full Trust board is listed on our website, you have four members on here that you have listed there are a few more but look back a few weeks, I think some of the posts made last year were bumped up and discussions had. When I get chance later if you haven't found them I will see if I can find them for you!

I've always thought qualifications matter a damn sight more in your 20s than in your 40s. At that point, it's more about knowledge and experience.

I wish some on the Trust board engaged more online but some of that is a generational thing, some of it is simply personal preference. I don't think there's a right or wrong approach there - it's not for everyone, as we've seen in the past. As an argumentative sod who discovered the internet in the mid-90's during my Uni days (first search was of course for SCFC and stumbled upon Gary Martin's site), I've grown up with it all so I'm going to be more used to this place than, plucking an example out of the air, the likes of Stu who is always a very sociable person in the flesh and will talk or answer questions from anyone but doesn't really do the internet.

If anyone feels passionately about the Trust and is prepared to put the work in then they'll be a very welcome addition. I'm being completely serious when I say I'd like Spratty to stand. She's clearly passionate about the legal issue in particular and the Trust Board could do with all the drive and energy it can get. Knowledge is of course important in certain areas, but having the willingness and drive to actually move things forward is absolutely critical. If you think you can do that, then as Phil and Clasey said, you'd be valuable additions regardless of what you think of your own CV (which I bet is actually going to include many things of value).

Think there are a few of those active sorts up for election this year as it goes. I'm sure the candidate statements will be very interesting, and I'm sure will give some insight into who has been doing what. Also think it's really important that there's fresh blood continually being added to the board though.

Swans trust board elections. on 13:19 - Jun 17 with 1088 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans trust board elections. on 17:21 - Jun 16 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

HE didn’t really want to get his name on there. He was just posturing on here.

Looks like I've triggered you mate 👍😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans trust board elections. on 14:11 - Jun 17 with 1055 viewsjackrmee

Swans trust board elections. on 08:32 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I agree totally that people should only reveal who they are if they feel comfortable doing so. It is a little different with you Trust guys though, as it's clearly obvious who's on the trust board from the replies and info put out by you/them.
I suppose though, really it doesn't even matter who is who, I'm just being curious, as I appreciate the stuff that some people say in meetings and also appreciate stuff people post on here and I often find myself wondering if that post is actually the same person who spoke about similar things in the meeting.
Again, it's just satisfying my curiosity I guess.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans trust board elections. on 14:12 - Jun 17 with 1055 viewsjackrmee

Swans trust board elections. on 10:36 - Jun 17 by Uxbridge

I've always thought qualifications matter a damn sight more in your 20s than in your 40s. At that point, it's more about knowledge and experience.

I wish some on the Trust board engaged more online but some of that is a generational thing, some of it is simply personal preference. I don't think there's a right or wrong approach there - it's not for everyone, as we've seen in the past. As an argumentative sod who discovered the internet in the mid-90's during my Uni days (first search was of course for SCFC and stumbled upon Gary Martin's site), I've grown up with it all so I'm going to be more used to this place than, plucking an example out of the air, the likes of Stu who is always a very sociable person in the flesh and will talk or answer questions from anyone but doesn't really do the internet.

If anyone feels passionately about the Trust and is prepared to put the work in then they'll be a very welcome addition. I'm being completely serious when I say I'd like Spratty to stand. She's clearly passionate about the legal issue in particular and the Trust Board could do with all the drive and energy it can get. Knowledge is of course important in certain areas, but having the willingness and drive to actually move things forward is absolutely critical. If you think you can do that, then as Phil and Clasey said, you'd be valuable additions regardless of what you think of your own CV (which I bet is actually going to include many things of value).

Think there are a few of those active sorts up for election this year as it goes. I'm sure the candidate statements will be very interesting, and I'm sure will give some insight into who has been doing what. Also think it's really important that there's fresh blood continually being added to the board though.

Yeah you're right about the qualifications. I can see how some people bring different skills to the table in terms of the trust though and a mix of many attributes is obviously key.
Same goes for the tinternet etc. You're right, some may not use it, but like Stuart are better talking in person. I'm the opposite and I'm not good at that, so prefer to use emails or the net, so again, it's good that you have board members who are active on here and other mediums, but also that you have some who are active in talking to people in person.

I think Spratty is chad now (again, putting 2 and 2 together from posts on here). I'm also pretty sure she's the lady I mentioned in my previous post when I said to myslef "I wonder how she's not involved in the trust".
I'm pretty sure I've got this one right, as she was very vocal in the meetings and also on here regarding the same issues. She seems very passionate about the club and knowledgeable, but also not afraid to argue her point in a firm but fair way.
I don't know the lady, but I agree, people like this should definitely be involved somehow.

Swans trust board elections. on 15:06 - Jun 17 with 1029 viewsUxbridge

Swans trust board elections. on 14:12 - Jun 17 by jackrmee

Yeah you're right about the qualifications. I can see how some people bring different skills to the table in terms of the trust though and a mix of many attributes is obviously key.
Same goes for the tinternet etc. You're right, some may not use it, but like Stuart are better talking in person. I'm the opposite and I'm not good at that, so prefer to use emails or the net, so again, it's good that you have board members who are active on here and other mediums, but also that you have some who are active in talking to people in person.

I think Spratty is chad now (again, putting 2 and 2 together from posts on here). I'm also pretty sure she's the lady I mentioned in my previous post when I said to myslef "I wonder how she's not involved in the trust".
I'm pretty sure I've got this one right, as she was very vocal in the meetings and also on here regarding the same issues. She seems very passionate about the club and knowledgeable, but also not afraid to argue her point in a firm but fair way.
I don't know the lady, but I agree, people like this should definitely be involved somehow.

She's clearly a passionate person on this issue. Anyone with that mindset would be a welcome addition IMO.

The Trust board should be a broad church IMO because the membership is. I've disagreed plenty of times with board members, have found myself in the minority more times than I'd like, even on matters of major substance, but everyone has the best interests of the Trust and club at heart.

Swans trust board elections. on 16:12 - Jun 17 with 991 viewsexiledclaseboy

The more candidates the better as far as I’m concerned as long as they’re in it for me than a line on their CV.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 16:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024