Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jokanovic 18:02 - May 18 with 4186 viewsshandyjack

With the snake leaving, I’d go all out to bring this guy in

Poll: Expectation for the season

Jokanovic on 18:05 - May 18 with 2892 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don’t think he’s a snake, he’s had a lot of broken promises and now he’s had enough.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jokanovic on 18:07 - May 18 with 2868 viewsBlue_Blood

Forget it he'll want money. You need to look in Germany I think
Jokanovic on 18:13 - May 18 with 2817 viewsSTID2017

How is he a snake ?
He's appreciated the backing from the fans home and away, but he's had no backing from the club and guaranteed that in the summer the best players will be sold, leaving him with a weaker squad.
He has never said he'd never leave or anything along those lines.
Enjoyed the season under him.
Thank you Graham and cheerio.
On to the next "Swansea loves you more than you will you" replacement.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jokanovic on 18:15 - May 18 with 2787 viewsDr_Winston

Potter has at length discussed "the project" and knew full well that the club would have to shed a lot of high earners in order to start building again. There's been no change in that since he first came in, so let's not pretend that he's gone because of some moral issue or betrayal.

He's jumped ship because he's been offered more money in a bigger league. Just like he jumped ship from Sweden when we came calling.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jokanovic on 18:15 - May 18 with 2782 viewsCooperman

It’s wrong to address Potter as a snake.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jokanovic on 18:18 - May 18 with 2742 viewsdickythorpe

Jokanovic on 18:15 - May 18 by Cooperman

It’s wrong to address Potter as a snake.

Over lauded but a product of the age in British football, "if mediocrity can go higher you can't turn it down" that goes for hundreds of players as well.
Jokanovic on 18:19 - May 18 with 2733 viewsjasper_T

No fury like a woman scorned.
Jokanovic on 18:19 - May 18 with 2720 viewsSTID2017

Jokanovic on 18:15 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Potter has at length discussed "the project" and knew full well that the club would have to shed a lot of high earners in order to start building again. There's been no change in that since he first came in, so let's not pretend that he's gone because of some moral issue or betrayal.

He's jumped ship because he's been offered more money in a bigger league. Just like he jumped ship from Sweden when we came calling.

And there is one of us on here that wouldn't ?
Even Curtis, if he had succeeded with us as manager, would have done the same I'm sure.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Jokanovic on 18:27 - May 18 with 2641 viewsDr_Winston

Jokanovic on 18:19 - May 18 by STID2017

And there is one of us on here that wouldn't ?
Even Curtis, if he had succeeded with us as manager, would have done the same I'm sure.

Not saying any different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jokanovic on 18:36 - May 18 with 2574 viewsjack247

We can’t go all out. That’s quite likely a big part of why Potter looks to be off. We can forget about the likes of Jokanovic
Jokanovic on 18:40 - May 18 with 2534 viewsAngelRangelQS

The problem is that in their desperation to blame every ill that has befallen the club over the last few years on the owners, some of our fans have reached the conclusion that we somehow owe Graham Potter a great deal of gratitude for gracing this football club with his presence. That has then translated into a load of “he should walk” “I wouldn’t blame him for quitting” bollox.

To some degree or other, he knew the score when he came here. We had to shift players but in return we weren’t expecting immediate promotion and there was little expectations. Seems fair to me.

I wonder how many newly relegated teams have appointed managers in the summer and kept them for the entire season despite languishing in mid table for most of it. I bet not many.
Jokanovic on 18:48 - May 18 with 2462 viewsDr_Winston

Jokanovic on 18:40 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

The problem is that in their desperation to blame every ill that has befallen the club over the last few years on the owners, some of our fans have reached the conclusion that we somehow owe Graham Potter a great deal of gratitude for gracing this football club with his presence. That has then translated into a load of “he should walk” “I wouldn’t blame him for quitting” bollox.

To some degree or other, he knew the score when he came here. We had to shift players but in return we weren’t expecting immediate promotion and there was little expectations. Seems fair to me.

I wonder how many newly relegated teams have appointed managers in the summer and kept them for the entire season despite languishing in mid table for most of it. I bet not many.

A lot of our ills are down to the owners. Need to be clear on that too. They indulged Jenkins for far too long when he probably should have gone as soon as the takeover was complete.

But I have to admit, given the financial deficit we're facing the current relentless drive to criticise them for taking the only realistic course of action open to them other than loading the club with debt or diluting the Trust's shareholding baffles me.

As for Potter, I'll echo what I said the other day. He's done a good job for us. I don't think he's done an amazing one, but good. Suspect Brighton won't be an easy job.

Jokanovic on 18:49 - May 18 with 2447 viewskrunchykarrot

Jokanovic on 18:05 - May 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I don’t think he’s a snake, he’s had a lot of broken promises and now he’s had enough.

What promises? could you explain please as all i can see is him bettering himself by going to the premiership when he's got the opportunity.
Jokanovic on 18:50 - May 18 with 2423 viewsbluey_the_blue

Look at it from Jokanovic's view.

Got Fulham up. - club then used sports analytics to bring in a load of shit, including 2 keepers; Jokanovic ended up using the previous seasons keeper.

Given that, would he want to deal with your owners if he has little control over the squad?
Jokanovic on 18:52 - May 18 with 2392 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jokanovic on 18:48 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

A lot of our ills are down to the owners. Need to be clear on that too. They indulged Jenkins for far too long when he probably should have gone as soon as the takeover was complete.

But I have to admit, given the financial deficit we're facing the current relentless drive to criticise them for taking the only realistic course of action open to them other than loading the club with debt or diluting the Trust's shareholding baffles me.

As for Potter, I'll echo what I said the other day. He's done a good job for us. I don't think he's done an amazing one, but good. Suspect Brighton won't be an easy job.

Of course a lot of them are down to the owners but the biggest problem in my view is the amount of trust that was placed in Jenkins. His mistakes are still costing us (literally) today.

We are in a position where we either chuck money at getting back on the PL gravy train like a gambler desperately trying to win back his money or we cut our cloth sensibly.

Agree with you on Potter too. It’s a pity he won’t see his good work through but hopefully he’s helped lay some foundations for someone else
Jokanovic on 19:00 - May 18 with 2314 viewskrunchykarrot

Jokanovic on 18:48 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Yes ill agree with this entirely, Potter did a Good job, made some glaring errors learning at the Liberty that is why i'm surprised Brighton have come in for him.

Sexy football is great to watch but you need to be able to defend. I fear for BHA unless he has help.

Now lets see what Trevor can do?
Jokanovic on 19:00 - May 18 with 2314 viewsunion_jack

Jokanovic on 18:50 - May 18 by bluey_the_blue

Look at it from Jokanovic's view.

Got Fulham up. - club then used sports analytics to bring in a load of shit, including 2 keepers; Jokanovic ended up using the previous seasons keeper.

Given that, would he want to deal with your owners if he has little control over the squad?

Fear not our bluebird friend. We won’t be getting anyone of that calibre through the doors.

It won’t surprise me if we don’t get anyone in soon, leaving it in the hands of internal caretakers (*Toshack, Richards), keeping the wages down. They won’t be able to stand in the way of the sales we’ll make or be ‘rewarded’ with the job full time if they don’t make a fuss.

You can now, and it hurts me to say this, have a great laugh at our expense and repay us for all our tittering over the past 8 years or so.

I can’t believe that we are in this position. There are some that should be hung, drawn and quartered for what they have done. It was a sad day such punishment was outlawed.

Next season we need to aim for 21st place and crawl our way back. There’s a DNA at Swansea that will see us play good football which hopefully will be maintained by whoever comes in and hopefully he will get players who play that way from leagues abroad. Sound familiar?

Very angry atm.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jokanovic on 19:01 - May 18 with 2298 viewsDr_Winston

Jokanovic on 18:52 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

Of course a lot of them are down to the owners but the biggest problem in my view is the amount of trust that was placed in Jenkins. His mistakes are still costing us (literally) today.

We are in a position where we either chuck money at getting back on the PL gravy train like a gambler desperately trying to win back his money or we cut our cloth sensibly.

Agree with you on Potter too. It’s a pity he won’t see his good work through but hopefully he’s helped lay some foundations for someone else

The problem is that most supporters aren't interested in cutting cloth sensibly. They want signings, or "backing" to use the currently popular term.

Those same supporters are then first in the queue to criticise the same directors they exhorted to spend money when there's no money left and the club is staring down the barrel.

Jokanovic on 19:01 - May 18 with 2278 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well quite.

Poll: Tory leader

Jokanovic on 19:03 - May 18 with 2253 viewsNotLoyal

Problem is whoever comes in will be cheap and far weaker than any manager before. Even when conkus norvegicus was fingering the pastry.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jokanovic on 19:04 - May 18 with 2223 viewsAngelRangelQS

Jokanovic on 19:03 - May 18 by NotLoyal

Problem is whoever comes in will be cheap and far weaker than any manager before. Even when conkus norvegicus was fingering the pastry.

But they made a good appointment last summer. Why should this summer be any different?
Jokanovic on 19:06 - May 18 with 2198 viewsHeadmaster

Laudrup was considered last summer wasn't he?
Jokanovic on 19:07 - May 18 with 2171 viewsNotLoyal

Jokanovic on 19:04 - May 18 by AngelRangelQS

But they made a good appointment last summer. Why should this summer be any different?

Huw sourced Potter, I know it pains people to agree but the yanks had nothing to do with it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jokanovic on 19:08 - May 18 with 2165 viewsunion_jack

Jokanovic on 19:06 - May 18 by Headmaster

Laudrup was considered last summer wasn't he?

He won’t be this one though will he? He’ll never return here I’m absolutely sure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jokanovic on 19:08 - May 18 with 2165 viewsjack247

Jokanovic on 19:01 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

The problem is that most supporters aren't interested in cutting cloth sensibly. They want signings, or "backing" to use the currently popular term.

Those same supporters are then first in the queue to criticise the same directors they exhorted to spend money when there's no money left and the club is staring down the barrel.

There’s a fine balance between cutting the cloth sensibly and putting it through the shredder though.

Costs obviously have to come down significantly. Slashing them with very little regard to the football side of things is a false economy.

If these owners don’t have the desire or capacity to absorb relegation, they never should have been sold the club. I’d rather the trust have a reduced share in a club that’s worth something than 21% of a club that ends up going for a quid in a few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024