Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Potter what would you have done ? 09:37 - May 19 with 1759 viewsNotLoyal

If you were Potter what would you have done ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:38 - May 19 with 1631 viewsymaohyd

If the owners had acted with integrity and had been honest and truthful after I had uprooted my family from Sweden, regardless of whom had come in for me , I would have stayed and hopefully taken the opportunity to have shaped the club and have the satisfaction of doing so.

As it is , we have a bunch of money grabbing, ineffective, inadequate owners whom I would stay a million miles away from.

Whether things will change when Birch finds his feet and Leon becomes vice chair remains to be seen.

As it stands Potter made the right decision.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:48 - May 19 with 1608 viewsunion_jack

You have to make too many assumptions to be able to answer that one.

What was he promised when he joined?

Was he let down / lied to?

Was he promised money for next year to improve the squad (albeit a realistic amount)?

If so, did he trust them?

Did he just jump ship at the first opportunity of a PL club with extra salary?

None of us really know what has gone on do we? And the chances are, we never will.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:49 - May 19 with 1598 viewsCooperman

Jumping ship is the only feasible option.

It sounds like he’s been offered the opportunity to work in the Premier League; we need to put aside the fact that ‘it’s only Brighton’. His other alternative was to stay put and work with limited resources and an unclear picture for as long as Ayew x 2 and Baston are on the payroll.

He shouldn’t be slated for his decision to go.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:53 - May 19 with 1563 viewsswan65split

From what he said earlier in the season, hes been duped, and after having been shat on myself, I dont blame him going.

We have got to see it for what it is weve been raped pillaged and battered.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:54 - May 19 with 1554 viewsdickythorpe

Too much infi we'll never know.

However in the modern era and football in general anyone that is offered to go to a higher level and more money will always jump ship.

Even if he fails he'll be loaded.

No brainer.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:01 - May 19 with 1528 viewsmonmouth

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 10:54 - May 19 by dickythorpe

Too much infi we'll never know.

However in the modern era and football in general anyone that is offered to go to a higher level and more money will always jump ship.

Even if he fails he'll be loaded.

No brainer.

If he really believes in himself and his ability Dicky, I can’t think of a single solitary reason why he should have stayed here.

He earned his corn while he was here, he had a contract buy out, set by us, and the new club met it. We can have no complaints. His comments about long term projects were a bit daft in hindsight, but I’m sure premier league interest was as big a shock to him, as meeting what they thought was a prohibitive buy out clause was to our owners.

He simply had to go. Sometimes change comes at you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:06 - May 19 with 1490 viewsdickythorpe

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:01 - May 19 by monmouth

If he really believes in himself and his ability Dicky, I can’t think of a single solitary reason why he should have stayed here.

He earned his corn while he was here, he had a contract buy out, set by us, and the new club met it. We can have no complaints. His comments about long term projects were a bit daft in hindsight, but I’m sure premier league interest was as big a shock to him, as meeting what they thought was a prohibitive buy out clause was to our owners.

He simply had to go. Sometimes change comes at you.

Also monny, his ego and a footballers ego. He achieved bugger all as a player at the top level so now as a manager he's got nothing to lose being a manager.
Financially secure regardless of failure.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:07 - May 19 with 1496 viewsCaptain_Sham

If Brighton get relegated he is going to be in exactly the same boat, and that's if they haven't sacked him, after all they are talking about preserving their status when sacking Hughton. Hes a two faced lying cnt. End of.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:25 - May 19 with 1412 viewsZaxx

So the guy has followed the money (one would assume) and the opportunity to manage at a club in a higher league.
Regardless of all the conspiracy theories it still amounts to career progression and showing ambition. I wouldn't expect anything different from any young manager.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:35 - May 19 with 1374 viewstheloneranger

Whether he's a success or failure at Brighton ...His family are financially secure for life, and he's only 43.

No brainer

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:38 - May 19 with 1359 viewsjack2jack

Once he stopped faffing around with the squad, he made a reasonable fist of things.
He was clearly told that funds would be limited, or told a pack of lies, anyhoo.
Any manager with ambition, would not pass up the opportunity to ply his trade in the PL. So it's probably enevitable that we've ended up where we are.
It's the way we roll unfortunately, always have, always will. C'est la vie.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:42 - May 19 with 1343 viewsRancid

I'd have left to join BHA.It would have been the easiest decision he'd have made all season.Of course he had to make out that it was a difficult decision and how he wanted reassurances from the club before deciding but even if he was told he had tens of millions at his disposal he'd have gone.

If he left Sweden to come here then he'd leave Swansea for Brighton in a heartbeat.

Good manager but not great and I can't see him turning Brighton's fortunes around anytime soon.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:47 - May 19 with 1314 viewsdickythorpe

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:35 - May 19 by theloneranger

Whether he's a success or failure at Brighton ...His family are financially secure for life, and he's only 43.

No brainer

This is why we should never laud our managers or even players too much.
Just support the club and always remember these players and coaching staff are mercenaries and like most in the outside world we'd be off for more money and better conditions.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 12:03 - May 19 with 1232 viewsexhmrc1

Given that the team of coaches he brought with him were under threat of redundancy cant have helped either. By moving he was safeguarding their jobs as well. I bet he wasn't told about that before he came.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 12:09 - May 19 with 1206 viewscostalotta

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 11:07 - May 19 by Captain_Sham

If Brighton get relegated he is going to be in exactly the same boat, and that's if they haven't sacked him, after all they are talking about preserving their status when sacking Hughton. Hes a two faced lying cnt. End of.

Awwww, captains upset. No he’s not and you have not a shred of evidence to show he is.

It was obvious he’d go given the way things have gone. Who else stays in a job where your capability to achieve is stripped and yet you’d still carry the responsibility. Ph ck em he probably thought. I’d and many other would have done exactly the same, especially if you believed in yourself.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:02 - May 19 with 1077 viewsgrabsplatter

Young British managers are very rarely given an opportunity in the Premier League (unless they get there by getting a team promoted).
Absolute no brainer to take the job
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:32 - May 19 with 962 viewsBadlands

He should have stayed and backed himself to improve next season then look at better sides than Brighton to coach.
Can't see him lasting long if he expects the same degree of patience he was (correctly IMO) given last season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:33 - May 19 with 956 viewsCaptain_Sham

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:32 - May 19 by Badlands

He should have stayed and backed himself to improve next season then look at better sides than Brighton to coach.
Can't see him lasting long if he expects the same degree of patience he was (correctly IMO) given last season.

Lets hope he goes the same way Sousa did, but sooner.

Its just a ride.

If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:49 - May 19 with 917 viewsJacket

All I know is that it won't work out for us or for him. They'll be red hot favourites for te drop, and I won't discount the possibility we could be relegated and all. That's why I'm saying he should have waited for a better offer.

I understand why he's gone though, a poor season here could be more harmful to his career than a sacking before Christmas with Brighton and considerably les lucrative.
If you were Potter what would you have done ? on 13:55 - May 19 with 891 viewsdickythorpe

Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford any one of the 3 that go up are always in danger of being whipping boys or bubble bursting.
How the feck we went down and Huddersfield, Southampton stayed up is still an annoyance to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024