Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Hughton 08:30 - May 21 with 2112 viewsQuakerJack

There's a thought... Already promoted two clubs from our division... Ashley only sacked him so he could appoint his mate Pardew to repay his gambling debt to him (true story)... Brighton sacked him but he kept them up, having gotten them up, also got to a cup semi final and lost narrowly to City... He's free as well...

Be a fantastic appointment IMO

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Chris Hughton on 09:03 - May 21 with 2037 viewsSwansea93

I doubt he'd even look at us to be honest.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Chris Hughton on 09:11 - May 21 with 2013 viewsThornburyswan

A tad dull/old school for me both on & off the pitch but a very safe/sensible choice & if he was focused/driven to prove his 'old' bosses wrong he might just be up for it.
Chris Hughton on 09:15 - May 21 with 1997 viewsWarwickHunt

Makes Sousa look like Kevin Keegan.
Chris Hughton on 09:19 - May 21 with 1971 viewsBadlands

Chris Hughton on 09:15 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

Makes Sousa look like Kevin Keegan.

Without Sousa's enforced defensive style (no money for fit or competent attackers) we wouldn't have ironed out Roberto's inability to defend and Rodgers' task would have been far more difficult.
Since leaving us his goals for record is very healthy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chris Hughton on 09:21 - May 21 with 1963 viewsYossarian

Reality check needed here. The Managerial grapevine will already be wise to the fact that this is a job that is totally ‘Make do with what you’ve got at best, but be prepared to see your top players leave as soon as a club makes an offer. Football is not as important as balancing the books after Huwbert’.
This club now brings a new dimension to the term ‘poisoned chalice’.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Chris Hughton on 09:23 - May 21 with 1952 viewsWarwickHunt

Chris Hughton on 09:19 - May 21 by Badlands

Without Sousa's enforced defensive style (no money for fit or competent attackers) we wouldn't have ironed out Roberto's inability to defend and Rodgers' task would have been far more difficult.
Since leaving us his goals for record is very healthy.

I was a big fan of Sousa - a very important part of our history.
Chris Hughton on 09:25 - May 21 with 1935 viewsThornburyswan

Chris Hughton on 09:21 - May 21 by Yossarian

Reality check needed here. The Managerial grapevine will already be wise to the fact that this is a job that is totally ‘Make do with what you’ve got at best, but be prepared to see your top players leave as soon as a club makes an offer. Football is not as important as balancing the books after Huwbert’.
This club now brings a new dimension to the term ‘poisoned chalice’.

True but it also depends on what situation that prospective manager is in, as Potter has proven a small amount of success on the pitch in our financial circumstances will get you opportunities further up the ladder & if you are not in a job already you could see it as a good stepping stone opportunity.
Chris Hughton on 09:44 - May 21 with 1885 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 09:23 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

Yep. It was a good time to catch up on sleep too.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Hughton on 09:45 - May 21 with 1884 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chris Hughton on 09:03 - May 21 by Swansea93

I doubt he'd even look at us to be honest.

Probably get a safer bet of promotion, but he will get a club pretty soon and he does win promotions from the Championship, so the style of play to one side, he would be a good option.
Chris Hughton on 09:49 - May 21 with 1870 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Can we afford him?

He'll probably get a few offers...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Chris Hughton on 09:51 - May 21 with 1857 viewsLeonWasGod

Chris Hughton on 09:45 - May 21 by AlfieMooresSon

Probably get a safer bet of promotion, but he will get a club pretty soon and he does win promotions from the Championship, so the style of play to one side, he would be a good option.

He's won promotion from the championship with a Newcastle side that was probably the best side this league has ever seen. Not sure about Norwich, but I could have got Newcastle promoted! He's a good manager, but very different in approach to 'the Swansea Way'.
Chris Hughton on 09:54 - May 21 with 1849 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chris Hughton on 09:23 - May 21 by WarwickHunt

Agreed this was a key change!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024