Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This mystical £30m Black hole 11:36 - May 21 with 4674 viewsVincent_Vega

What's this £30mill everyone's banging on about and making fag packet maths on potential player sales to cover it? Also hearing once that 'hole' is filled our financial situation will be rosy again.

All I read that there's a deficit on this years accounts of around £30mill, if that deficit isn't sorted then it goes as a loss on the accounts. If that loss is covered by sales and/or regencies then we'll break even.

What about next year then? When will it end? League 2?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

This mystical £30m Black hole on 16:32 - May 21 with 965 viewsBadlands

This mystical £30m Black hole on 16:20 - May 21 by PozuelosSideys

Reason i ask isnt so much about the tax rate, but i was reading a few articles abourt Man City on Rueters and comments/discussion between their FD and HMRC (Gael Clichy to be specific). They were saying how some players were negotiating contracts whereby the club were liable for the income tax on the players contract and that a declared 80k was net, not gross like the rest of us. This came to light due to the agents taking cuts and the whole benefit in kind side of things throwing up red flags.

Given that sort of thing doesnt need to be declared as Jasper correctly pointed out, it makes me wonder whether the club have anything like this lurking under the table given the desparate position we were in last year. I would be very suprised, but its not impossible.

Looking at the figures declared on the financial return seems unlikely we're unlikely.
Payments due from the club look about right for the wage bill - can't tell exactly as the pay is lumped in together.
By registering players pay as rights payments rather than income the club would be saving a significant amount more than we appear to have declared as paid.
But like anything involving tax and big money I wouldn't bet the silver on it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

This mystical £30m Black hole on 18:11 - May 21 with 880 viewsjacktar_

Somebody must know, we knew everything about them down the road, down to the amount of paper clips being used.
How can we not know about our own diminishing finances.
This mystical £30m Black hole on 19:05 - May 21 with 855 viewsKrisP

This mystical £30m Black hole on 13:03 - May 21 by magicdaps10

So where do we stand with the James sale, compo from Potter and co, wages saved with Bony, Narsingh, Olsson and Fer.

Do you believe we need to sell anymore?

I don't see how those "wages saved" count towards the £30m as they were out of contract and therefore never counted against us for this upcoming season.
This mystical £30m Black hole on 20:30 - May 21 with 811 viewsthornabyswan

This mystical £30m Black hole on 13:06 - May 21 by andypitt56

If we want funds to buy players then yes I think we need to sell another player.

those that you have mentioned will only be enough to break even.

Agreed

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

This mystical £30m Black hole on 20:41 - May 21 with 789 viewsLord_Bony

I don't think it's as bad as it seems.

Please remember accountants have to be creative as possible to downplay any profits.

They love conjuring up losses through much trickery and legal loopholes which can be carried forward for other years.

It's not that bad I can assure you.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024