Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Statement 17:41 - May 21 with 10583 viewsstevethejack

Leon & Curt involved with recruitment.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/update-chairman
Chairman Statement on 18:29 - May 21 with 2066 viewsLuther27

Chairman Statement on 17:54 - May 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Reading that was more encouraging than I dared to hope and it’s the best communication from a Chairman in a very long time.

Best communication from anyone for a while
Chairman Statement on 18:30 - May 21 with 2064 viewsthornabyswan

Chairman Statement on 18:20 - May 21 by dobjack2

No a heard it all before type of person.

It’s a great statement, far better than we are used to hearing. Ticks most of the boxes people want to hear. If he delivers on it I will be happy.

However he is a new and unknown quantity for us and needs to deliver on a few things before i’ll Start doing a happy dance.

He can only deliver if the owners sanction what he wants to do.
But sounds good.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Chairman Statement on 18:31 - May 21 with 2059 viewsJonathans_coat

Chairman Statement on 17:56 - May 21 by jasper_T

Our scouting system this season was apparently just Macauley with a laptop.

I don’t think that’s too far from truth to be honest!

Surprisingly positive statement from Birch really. Much more informative than anything we ever had from Jenkins, and far less disingenuous platitudes than what comes from “Jase & Steve”.

I did however find this section amusing:-

“I will be looking to hire a new Head of Recruitment and build a robust scouting structure, which we don’t have at present. I am going to enlist the help of professional recruiters to assist in finding the most suitable person for the position because it will play such a significant role in the future success of the club.”

So, let me get this strait. Birch has recognised our recent recruitment has been poor, so to improve recruitment is recruiting professional recruiters to recruit a new head of recruitment!

It’s like a scene from Yes, Minister.
Chairman Statement on 18:40 - May 21 with 1989 viewsoldcob

Encouraging. Someone with actual football knowledge at last.
Chairman Statement on 18:40 - May 21 with 1986 viewsGeoffThom

Chairman Statement on 18:31 - May 21 by Jonathans_coat

I don’t think that’s too far from truth to be honest!

Surprisingly positive statement from Birch really. Much more informative than anything we ever had from Jenkins, and far less disingenuous platitudes than what comes from “Jase & Steve”.

I did however find this section amusing:-

“I will be looking to hire a new Head of Recruitment and build a robust scouting structure, which we don’t have at present. I am going to enlist the help of professional recruiters to assist in finding the most suitable person for the position because it will play such a significant role in the future success of the club.”

So, let me get this strait. Birch has recognised our recent recruitment has been poor, so to improve recruitment is recruiting professional recruiters to recruit a new head of recruitment!

It’s like a scene from Yes, Minister.

He also says if he can find someone 🙄
Its a statement that ticks box's
The proof is in the end result
But were still skint and the yanks aren't covering the debt they are selling the jewels to cover it with no money signings
Chairman Statement on 20:31 - May 21 with 1719 viewsPrivate_Partz

Chairman Statement on 17:48 - May 21 by KGriz16

Brilliant statement, he's better than the Trust. Good to see a lot of sh*t that gets wrote on here addressed.

The sh!t you refer to are genuine concerns of the fans.
Nothing has been addressed yet but the encouraging thing is Birch recognises many of those worries.
It's a great statement but let's see how things pan out first.
I hope the Yanks just keep an eye on the purse strings, remain arms length, and let him get in with the difficult job in hand.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Chairman Statement on 20:44 - May 21 with 1655 viewsdickythorpe

Chairman Statement on 17:56 - May 21 by jasper_T

Our scouting system this season was apparently just Macauley with a laptop.

You should have seen our defence. A lap top would have been more use in the goal mouth!
Chairman Statement on 20:45 - May 21 with 1651 viewsdickythorpe

Chairman Statement on 18:04 - May 21 by pencoedjack

Glass half empty type person I presume

No just a swans fan
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Statement on 20:45 - May 21 with 1647 viewsKGriz16

Chairman Statement on 20:31 - May 21 by Private_Partz

The sh!t you refer to are genuine concerns of the fans.
Nothing has been addressed yet but the encouraging thing is Birch recognises many of those worries.
It's a great statement but let's see how things pan out first.
I hope the Yanks just keep an eye on the purse strings, remain arms length, and let him get in with the difficult job in hand.

It’s a pity he can’t address you personally because from what I read into your posts you speak utter sh*t
Chairman Statement on 20:48 - May 21 with 1629 viewsdickythorpe

Maybe we'll have free hamburgers and free hot dogs and free beer before and after games now as well.

What a wonderful man Birch is.

Hoorah for Birch.

In Birch we trust.

Chairman Birch's barmy army.

Sir Birch.
Chairman Statement on 20:51 - May 21 with 1605 viewsDarran

All propoganda.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chairman Statement on 20:53 - May 21 with 1598 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Beware.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Again, just 24 hours after asking "has the East stand learned nothing", we have people on here getting hard ons for a man who's written a few words on the club website. Let's not rejoice, just yet eh?
[Post edited 21 May 2019 20:54]
Chairman Statement on 20:53 - May 21 with 1592 viewshuwrichards57

Sounds like the assurances are that despite the obvious further cloth-cutting there will be wriggle room for sensible spending which, to be honest, is the best we could have hoped for. So it gets an initial tick for sure. And as others have said that's the cleanest message we've had for what seems ages.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 20:55]
Chairman Statement on 20:58 - May 21 with 1555 viewsjack2jack

Chairman Statement on 20:48 - May 21 by dickythorpe

Maybe we'll have free hamburgers and free hot dogs and free beer before and after games now as well.

Hoorah for Birch.

In Birch we trust.

Sir Birch.

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm
Chairman Statement on 21:01 - May 21 with 1533 viewsmagicdaps10

Just read the statement again and for me it is going to be Cameron Toshack.

Think the whole structure being put in place, he falls perfectly into all those plans in the sense he knows Curt and Britton and will have a lot of help in scouting......maybe his dad being involved somewhere also.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman Statement on 21:09 - May 21 with 1491 viewsFlashberryjack

Chairman Statement on 21:01 - May 21 by magicdaps10

Think the whole structure being put in place, he falls perfectly into all those plans in the sense he knows Curt and Britton and will have a lot of help in scouting......maybe his dad being involved somewhere also.

This

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Chairman Statement on 21:11 - May 21 with 1476 viewsvetchonian

Chairman Statement on 20:48 - May 21 by dickythorpe

Hoorah for Birch.

In Birch we trust.

Sir Birch.

I think Dicky most of us who have ben around a while will be cautious

For me there are a lot of positives in that statement,the fact curtis and Leon will have
some input on the footballing side is good....

Looking to put in place a good scouting/recruitment network..I wonder if Curt has already been blowing in his ear...Kevin reeves and his contacts were what helped us when FLyn in charge and then Roberto.

the talk of trying to sort a deal with Routledge, all good things and yes things the fans will want to hear.

The prove will be in the eating so they say...and I remain cynical but optimisitc given this statement. IT appears Birch is doing what "good turnaround" guys do when they arrive in a business .....listen to people who who know and devise a plan....lets wait and see what happens next but given how things have gone over the last two summers this one at least given the last 72 hours events seem to be steered in a betterd irection by someone who may know what he is doing .

There is an old biblical saying by their deeds you shall know them.....lets give this guy a chance..before we hang him.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman Statement on 21:14 - May 21 with 1459 viewsdickythorpe

Chairman Statement on 20:58 - May 21 by jack2jack

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm

How very dare you? "Trev" , "Birchy" or whatever is one of the lads now. I'm sure we'll all be high fiving him on match day and round his house for pretzels, beer and gridiron.
Chairman Statement on 21:14 - May 21 with 1459 viewsQJumpingJack

A very strong statement.

However, there is no mention of some of the highly paid executives who remain at the club. This needs to be addressed.
Chairman Statement on 21:15 - May 21 with 1457 viewsTheKirkyLife

Wouldn't be the worst outcome.
Chairman Statement on 21:18 - May 21 with 1430 viewsjack2jack

Chairman Statement on 21:14 - May 21 by dickythorpe

How very dare you? "Trev" , "Birchy" or whatever is one of the lads now. I'm sure we'll all be high fiving him on match day and round his house for pretzels, beer and gridiron.

Chairman Statement on 21:20 - May 21 with 1413 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman Statement on 21:15 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

Wouldn't be the worst outcome.

We will only find that out when the season starts.

We could get a boss in who we are all happy with, lose his first 10 games and get sacked.

We could get a Toshack or a Eustace in and all moan, be flying after 10 games and be surprised the seasons end.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman Statement on 21:26 - May 21 with 1379 viewsmonmouth

“I have already had a significant number of applications from around the world; but that’s not surprising as it is an attractive job and the amount of interest at this early stage is testament to the club’s pulling power. It’s a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.”

If that leads us to Cameron Toshack, then it will say all we need to know won’t it?

How on earth did it lead you there?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chairman Statement on 21:28 - May 21 with 1365 viewsswan65split

"However, there will not be a fire sale of players and we recognise we have to balance achieving the right sale prices with maintaining a competitive squad."
Chairman Statement on 21:31 - May 21 with 1348 viewssplJack

Chairman Statement on 21:26 - May 21 by monmouth

“I have already had a significant number of applications from around the world; but that’s not surprising as it is an attractive job and the amount of interest at this early stage is testament to the club’s pulling power. It’s a great opportunity for an ambitious coach.”

If that leads us to Cameron Toshack, then it will say all we need to know won’t it?

How on earth did it lead you there?

Because he's a drama queen and a bit twp.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024