Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Statement 17:41 - May 21 with 10582 viewsstevethejack

Leon & Curt involved with recruitment.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/update-chairman
Chairman Statement on 00:35 - May 22 with 1596 viewsdameedna

I would say that this statement is a precursor to announcing Toshack Jnr as Manager. Once you start to announce Curtis and Britton as part of the structure, albeit in an advisory capacity, so the options available to a fresh manager close down. In view of recent managers not staying and taking their teams with them, it would seem to be a sensible structure. Can't see anything wrong with the statement and Birch's position. Look forward to seeing Birch's plans comes to fruition. I did not realise that Birch was at Sheffield United when Leon was on tour in Malta. I like the story of letting Leon return to Swansea. Speaks volumes.
Chairman Statement on 09:31 - May 22 with 1294 viewsjackrmee

Chairman Statement on 20:53 - May 21 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Beware.

A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Again, just 24 hours after asking "has the East stand learned nothing", we have people on here getting hard ons for a man who's written a few words on the club website. Let's not rejoice, just yet eh?
[Post edited 21 May 2019 20:54]

I agree with what you're saying, but at least the statement is professional and encouraging. Something I have never seen or heard coming from our chairman.
Remains to be seen what will actually happen, but I'm sure the things he said are the truth. It sounds like a good package to start us off on the right foot and continue into the future. I doubt a professsional like Mr Birch would spout all that without knowing he can 100% back it up. He's been in this game too long.
If the Yanks put a stop to any of it, I doubt Birch boy will be happy about it, as he's obviously already spoken to them and gained some assurances.
If he can't do what he said he's going to do, maybe it will be him out the door next.
I can't see that from where I'm sitting though. He's seen it all before.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman Statement on 09:39 - May 22 with 1275 viewsjackrmee

Chairman Statement on 00:35 - May 22 by dameedna

I would say that this statement is a precursor to announcing Toshack Jnr as Manager. Once you start to announce Curtis and Britton as part of the structure, albeit in an advisory capacity, so the options available to a fresh manager close down. In view of recent managers not staying and taking their teams with them, it would seem to be a sensible structure. Can't see anything wrong with the statement and Birch's position. Look forward to seeing Birch's plans comes to fruition. I did not realise that Birch was at Sheffield United when Leon was on tour in Malta. I like the story of letting Leon return to Swansea. Speaks volumes.

Hmmmm, you could have a point. I can't see a bigger named, more experienced manager accepting Leon and Curt as his advisors can you?

Personally, I'd prefer a young up and comer again. Young Tosh could easily do a job. At least keep us up until we sort the finances out properly, which should be done by the end of next season shirley?

I doubt we can afford to appoint anyone with any pedigree AND who plays how we want to play, right?
I don't believe the story that Potter was offered a contract to make him the highest paid manager in the EFL for one minute.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Chairman Statement on 09:41 - May 22 with 1266 viewsjackrmee

Chairman Statement on 21:52 - May 21 by jack2jack

Can I just throw this, surely it is the job of an experienced manager to take the youngsters to the next level, I'm not saying CT isn't up to the job, but we need someone with a bit more experience in higher level football. Its a bit of a risk Just saying.

I reckon from the point of view of bringing youngsters through, experience as a manager doesn't make a difference.
I think it's more down to how you work with youngsters, if they trust you and if you know them.
I think Toshack would be better than most when it comes to bringing our particular young players through.
How he'd cope managing a Championship side is another matter though. I'm not convinced. But I am interested.

Chairman Statement on 10:58 - May 22 with 1181 viewsvetchonian

Chairman Statement on 09:39 - May 22 by jackrmee

Hmmmm, you could have a point. I can't see a bigger named, more experienced manager accepting Leon and Curt as his advisors can you?

Personally, I'd prefer a young up and comer again. Young Tosh could easily do a job. At least keep us up until we sort the finances out properly, which should be done by the end of next season shirley?

I doubt we can afford to appoint anyone with any pedigree AND who plays how we want to play, right?
I don't believe the story that Potter was offered a contract to make him the highest paid manager in the EFL for one minute.

No where does it state that Leon and Curt will be advising the manager. I read it as advise to the board on football matters, Birch even states that the Manager will have final say on player recruitment.

Even Laudrup had Curt on his team...up until Monks appointment it was a prerequisite for any manager following the departure of Roberto to ensure continuity of approach and playing style....of course SIr Garry ditched Curt should never have been allowed to happen but Huwbert just rolled over,and Clement did the same.

But nowhere do I read between thelines that Curt or Leon will be "advising" the manager and Birch does make the statement about any manager having the "final " say

SO much conjecture and speculation....more conspirancy theories and the usual Planet Swans contradicitons...complaining when there are no statements or communication from the board/chairman and then rubbishing the claims.

Personally hI am encouraged by the statement but still cynical and await to see the walking of the walk as to talking the talk

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman Statement on 11:10 - May 22 with 1160 viewsvetchonian

Chairman Statement on 23:26 - May 21 by Bluebird

I know you lot are desperate for good news but don’t be so easily pleased. He could be just saying what you all want to hear. Time will tell

YOu just worry about yourselves....model club did you watch the BBC programme on MOnday.....Images of Salah with Bluebirds shirt, doing the slap head....Warnock talking of him as "my player" yet the transfer wasnt official!!!

Why did CCFC offer a commercial flight which he allegdedly refused if he was not a CCFC player?

scummy club

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Chairman Statement on 11:30 - May 22 with 1138 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 17:51 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

You know what stood out out to me the most?

"Therefore, I will be looking to hire a new Head of Recruitment and build a robust scouting structure, which we don’t have at present."

The honesty was refreshing and reading between the lines I actually believe that this is someone who knows what they are doing. We know who is on the payroll and needs to be shifted - Montero, Carroll etc.

We also know that they tried their best to keep Potter; a statement of intent rather than just letting him go.

Well done, Mr. Birch. Best of luck this Summer because you'll need it.

Basically says, we are a mess, and are trying to get people in who know more so we are not a mess, not exactly that reassuring, we needed them and a Manager in place before the season ended ready for next season.

Too little too late again!

It's a lottery as to what will happen
Chairman Statement on 11:35 - May 22 with 1126 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 09:39 - May 22 by jackrmee

I don't get this view at all, young up and coming Managers mostly fail, I would give this team with Toshack a 30% chance of success at the very most.

We need an experienced Championship Manager!
[Post edited 22 May 2019 11:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Statement on 11:40 - May 22 with 1109 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I am going to enlist the help of professional recruiters to assist in finding the most suitable person for the position because it will play such a significant role in the future success of the club.

I would like to think that it will be a quick process, but it may not be and will depend on the suitability of available candidates and their circumstances.

Why has this been left so late???

Other clubs are buying and selling players when we are looking for a Manager and a scouting network FFS.

It's a professionally written load of flannel!
Chairman Statement on 11:41 - May 22 with 1107 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 11:10 - May 22 by vetchonian

YOu just worry about yourselves....model club did you watch the BBC programme on MOnday.....Images of Salah with Bluebirds shirt, doing the slap head....Warnock talking of him as "my player" yet the transfer wasnt official!!!

Why did CCFC offer a commercial flight which he allegdedly refused if he was not a CCFC player?

scummy club

Don't rise to the bellend!
Chairman Statement on 11:44 - May 22 with 1098 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 21:55 - May 21 by Darran

I can’t believe how many people are being taken in by this statement.
We really do deserve all we get don’t we?

Spot on see through the flannel, it's like a labour manifesto!
Chairman Statement on 11:48 - May 22 with 1092 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 21:46 - May 21 by thornabyswan

Rangel is my tip.

No good, nor Toshack, we need someone experienced and with contacts and players they could bring in, that was much of the success of Brendon, his contacts!!!
Chairman Statement on 11:50 - May 22 with 1088 viewsLeonWasGod

Chairman Statement on 11:40 - May 22 by AlfieMooresSon

I am going to enlist the help of professional recruiters to assist in finding the most suitable person for the position because it will play such a significant role in the future success of the club.

I would like to think that it will be a quick process, but it may not be and will depend on the suitability of available candidates and their circumstances.

Why has this been left so late???

Other clubs are buying and selling players when we are looking for a Manager and a scouting network FFS.

It's a professionally written load of flannel!

Probably because Birch only arrived in March and Potter's departure has shaken things up and re-focussed minds. They were maybe fine to carry on as they were under Potter. Just a guess.

I think it's a good idea to try and improve the recruitment side and try to rediscover the stability in style we had during our rise up the leagues - it's what's been letting us down more than anything, ever since Monk thought he knew best really.
Chairman Statement on 12:09 - May 22 with 1061 viewsjasper_T

Yeah that Potter bloke was a disaster, we need good old fashioned Championship experience this time...
Chairman Statement on 12:12 - May 22 with 1052 viewsGaz_M

Good statement.
Chairman Statement on 12:15 - May 22 with 1046 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 12:09 - May 22 by jasper_T

Yeah that Potter bloke was a disaster, we need good old fashioned Championship experience this time...

That gamble worked for six months, they won't all work!
Chairman Statement on 12:47 - May 22 with 998 viewsBadlands

Chairman Statement on 11:35 - May 22 by AlfieMooresSon

I don't get this view at all, young up and coming Managers mostly fail, I would give this team with Toshack a 30% chance of success at the very most.

We need an experienced Championship Manager!
[Post edited 22 May 2019 11:36]

Like Roberto, Paulo, Brendon or Potter?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chairman Statement on 13:04 - May 22 with 949 viewsKGriz16

Chairman Statement on 10:58 - May 22 by vetchonian

No where does it state that Leon and Curt will be advising the manager. I read it as advise to the board on football matters, Birch even states that the Manager will have final say on player recruitment.

Even Laudrup had Curt on his team...up until Monks appointment it was a prerequisite for any manager following the departure of Roberto to ensure continuity of approach and playing style....of course SIr Garry ditched Curt should never have been allowed to happen but Huwbert just rolled over,and Clement did the same.

But nowhere do I read between thelines that Curt or Leon will be "advising" the manager and Birch does make the statement about any manager having the "final " say

SO much conjecture and speculation....more conspirancy theories and the usual Planet Swans contradicitons...complaining when there are no statements or communication from the board/chairman and then rubbishing the claims.

Personally hI am encouraged by the statement but still cynical and await to see the walking of the walk as to talking the talk

PREACH!!
Chairman Statement on 13:06 - May 22 with 944 viewscbrace1

Excellent statement. Good Man Trev
Chairman Statement on 13:14 - May 22 with 910 viewslondonlisa2001

Chairman Statement on 12:09 - May 22 by jasper_T

You’ve been slagging him off all season
Chairman Statement on 13:28 - May 22 with 872 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Chairman Statement on 12:47 - May 22 by Badlands

Like Roberto, Paulo, Brendon or Potter?

Brendan and Sousa had experience and contacts!

Potter had experience and limited contacts!

Martinez was a gamble that paid off!

What has Toshack got?
[Post edited 22 May 2019 13:32]
Chairman Statement on 13:42 - May 22 with 822 viewsHighjack

Chairman Statement on 13:28 - May 22 by AlfieMooresSon

Brendan and Sousa had experience and contacts!

Potter had experience and limited contacts!

Martinez was a gamble that paid off!

What has Toshack got?
[Post edited 22 May 2019 13:32]

A big shiny head which he can use to deflect the sunlight into opposition goalkeepers eyes at particularly opportune moments.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Chairman Statement on 13:43 - May 22 with 817 viewsDarran

I’ve seen some threads in here over the last 18 years and this is up there with the finest.
We’ve been fed bullshit for the the last few years,our best chance of doing anything walks out on us,the Yanks henchman puts out a statement of cloak and mirrors and suddenly he’s shitting golden eggs.

Incredible stuff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chairman Statement on 13:45 - May 22 with 795 viewsjasper_T

Chairman Statement on 13:43 - May 22 by Darran

I’ve seen some threads in here over the last 18 years and this is up there with the finest.
We’ve been fed bullshit for the the last few years,our best chance of doing anything walks out on us,the Yanks henchman puts out a statement of cloak and mirrors and suddenly he’s shitting golden eggs.

Incredible stuff.

He turn you down for a photo or what?
Chairman Statement on 13:49 - May 22 with 772 viewsjackrmee

Chairman Statement on 11:48 - May 22 by AlfieMooresSon

No good, nor Toshack, we need someone experienced and with contacts and players they could bring in, that was much of the success of Brendon, his contacts!!!

Bet people were saying the same about other managers we brought in like Roberto, Brendan, etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024