Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from board on official site. 17:41 - May 21 with 6043 viewsPacemaker

I have to say I am impressed by Birch. Good communication with the fans and trust. Very thorough briefing for all

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/update-chairman
[Post edited 21 May 2019 17:43]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Update from board on official site. on 17:49 - May 21 with 5039 viewsherbie

Some good positives in there re Routledge and the roles for two legends of the club. I think Birch is a good appointment.
Update from board on official site. on 17:52 - May 21 with 5008 viewsThornburyswan

As you say impressive statement, if the forthcoming actions follow along those lines I for one will be very pleased.
Update from board on official site. on 17:57 - May 21 with 4964 viewsjacktar

It’s fairly certain that we would have heard sweet fa from Hubert, so I have to agree that communication has definitely improved and his statement about future scouting and recruitment looks pretty positive.
Let’s just hope his plans come together and he’s not just spouting what the fans want to hear.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Update from board on official site. on 18:15 - May 21 with 4867 viewsWhiterockin

Credit where its due, excellent statement from the Chairman.
Update from board on official site. on 18:29 - May 21 with 4803 viewsNotLoyal

Update from board on official site. on 17:49 - May 21 by herbie

Some good positives in there re Routledge and the roles for two legends of the club. I think Birch is a good appointment.

I'm unsure what Alan and Leon will bring to any recruitment team, other than to agree with Cameron Toshack when he is appointed manager. The thought of Toshack working with Britton and Curtis is a nice one, it's all very convenient and plays in to the hands of the supporters who have huge disrespect for Birch and the other idiot Pearlman plus the other rag tag bunch over in pearl harbour.

Thing is we have no option other than to agree with Birch and suck it and see, the option to save the club from this debacle was lost two years ago when certain supporters were belittled when they tried to form an action group to confront the unscrupulous way the club was taken over.

Here's hoping we get the chance to have another happy footballing season, but for me if we do it will be more luck than judgement running this on bare bones and no investment.
[Post edited 22 May 2019 10:54]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Update from board on official site. on 18:38 - May 21 with 4750 viewsSmellyplumz

Wow some fans are easily pleased.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Update from board on official site. on 18:51 - May 21 with 4677 viewsGlyn1

"Last season, seeing the young players, many of whom graduated from the academy, playing first-team football the Swansea Way gave supporters great enjoyment and the new manager will have to buy into that philosophy. ...

... With that in mind, one key criteria
(tut tut, should be "criterion") in identifying the new manager will be that he can work with these young players and help them to improve. That is crucial."

In one sense that's stating the obvious, the new manager will have to work with young players because the club won't be bringing many in, but it's good to see it in writing that it's one of the criteria for getting the job.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:53]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Update from board on official site. on 18:55 - May 21 with 4642 viewsmonmouth

No matter how cynical anyone is, that's as good a statement as there could possibly have been. In particular:

Scouting system rather than Jenkins agent shite
Input from people that know how we play
Recognition of the need for at least a few older heads
Addressing the Ayew/Basto money grabbing useless c*nts head on.
No fire sale

So he's pegged his tent. Let's see if it stays in place. One thing that is undeniable is that spending money to improve recruitment is not a sign of asset stripping or managed decline. Neither are the initial steps of retaining Routledge and Celina.

As I say, let's see, but I find it hard to imagine a more encouraging statement given where we are.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Update from board on official site. on 19:04 - May 21 with 4552 viewsPegojack

A very good statement from a competent man, but unfortunately we still have the shadow hanging over everything of the betrayal of the Supporters Trust by the former owners in connivance with the new owners. Let's get that sorted out, hopefully with justice done, so we can all move on and concentrate on supporting our club.
Update from board on official site. on 19:06 - May 21 with 4535 viewsjacktar

Update from board on official site. on 18:55 - May 21 by monmouth

No matter how cynical anyone is, that's as good a statement as there could possibly have been. In particular:

No fire sale

So he's pegged his tent. Let's see if it stays in place. One thing that is undeniable is that spending money to improve recruitment is not a sign of asset stripping or managed decline. Neither are the initial steps of retaining Routledge and Celina.

As I say, let's see, but I find it hard to imagine a more encouraging statement given where we are.

Agreed.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Update from board on official site. on 19:10 - May 21 with 4499 views3swan

No fire sale

As you say an encouraging statement.

He is a professional and has put out a very professional statement

The proof ? we will see in the future, but for now he has bought some time.
Update from board on official site. on 19:24 - May 21 with 4387 viewsmagicdaps10

I said on here a few weeks back, he came into the box and had a good chat, seemed a decent chap and I got a feeling of trust from him.

I hope I am not proven wrong but I think he is a genuine good guy.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Update from board on official site. on 19:28 - May 21 with 4351 viewsNeath_Jack

Update from board on official site. on 19:24 - May 21 by magicdaps10

I said on here a few weeks back, he came into the box and had a good chat, seemed a decent chap and I got a feeling of trust from him.

That's the spirit Daps

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Update from board on official site. on 19:29 - May 21 with 4341 viewsPozuelosSideys

Cant really have much to moan about there. Lets see if his actions match his words shall we. Beaky was excellent at schmoozing us as well.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Update from board on official site. on 19:42 - May 21 with 4232 viewsJacket

Fair doos to the guy, that's a decent enough statement under the circumstances. I like the way he addresses the issue of how clueless the yanks are and reassures us they won't be deciding on who the next manager is.
Update from board on official site. on 20:10 - May 21 with 4050 viewsJinxy

No fire sale

As expected, this statement has been well thought through. As well as being quite forthright, I think it is designed to instill confidence in those that could be thinking of leaving, and would be preferred to stay by Birch - which in itself is positive.
There is always hope.
Update from board on official site. on 20:16 - May 21 with 3995 viewswaynekerr55

Update from board on official site. on 20:10 - May 21 by Jinxy

As expected, this statement has been well thought through. As well as being quite forthright, I think it is designed to instill confidence in those that could be thinking of leaving, and would be preferred to stay by Birch - which in itself is positive.
There is always hope.

Well thought through, some might say that's an overdue skill.

Well done Mr Birch

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Update from board on official site. on 20:20 - May 21 with 3950 viewsPrivate_Partz

No fire sale

Indeed a very good statement and seems to touch on most of the concerns a lot of us have been expressing on here.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating but it does seem this statement has been issued with the approval of the Yanks.
It has cheered up one miserable old b@stard a tad anyway ;-)
I live in hope.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Update from board on official site. on 20:21 - May 21 with 3941 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Actions speak louder than words based on the Yanks previous, involving Curt and Leon and retaining Routs are positive actions imo.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Update from board on official site. on 08:30 - May 22 with 3579 viewsSgorioFruit

As stated above,

Actions speak louder than words

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Update from board on official site. on 08:39 - May 22 with 3537 viewsVincent_Vega

I am very cynical of all Football related people so until I see results I file under BS.

Prove me wrong Birch.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Update from board on official site. on 08:50 - May 22 with 3505 viewsSTID2017

Most positive thing ro come out of rhe club off field in a long time

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Update from board on official site. on 09:02 - May 22 with 3465 viewsswan65split

No fire sale

This ^

Also
"It was a very generous offer to stay," made to Potter, so money available for a decent replacement.

We"ll soon see his true face no doubt.
Update from board on official site. on 09:22 - May 22 with 3420 viewsandypitt56

Update from board on official site. on 09:02 - May 22 by swan65split

This ^

Also
"It was a very generous offer to stay," made to Potter, so money available for a decent replacement.

We"ll soon see his true face no doubt.

Certainly the most comprehensive statement I've seen from and a Swansea representative.
It is definitely encouraging but the proof is in the pudding as they say... I am still skeptical .
Update from board on official site. on 10:55 - May 22 with 3337 viewsNotLoyal

Update from board on official site. on 19:24 - May 21 by magicdaps10

What box did he come in ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024