Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... 10:42 - May 22 with 900 viewstheloneranger

If anyone thought that the DWP couldn't get any lower than a snake's belly!!

A leaked memo from Universal Credit Director General Neil Couling reveals that the DWP is funding an advertising blitz disguised as news to promote UC ...

Couling boasts that ...

“The feature won’t look or feel like DWP or UC — you won’t see our branding, and this is deliberate. We want to grab the readers’ attention and make them wonder who has done this ‘UC Uncovered’ investigation. The stories in the feature over the subsequent nine weeks, will highlight the flexible nature of UC, demonstrate the personal service available for all customers, and promote recent improvements such as the increase in work allowances "

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/16/mps-demand-details-of-dwps-unive

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 11:52 - May 22 with 867 viewsLeonWasGod

Disgusting isn't it.
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 11:55 - May 22 with 864 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'm in favour of universal credit; current benefits system is an absolute mess, so many forms, loopholes etc that like the tax system, it's over complicated and bloated.

Could the implementation be improved? Massively.
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 10:40 - May 24 with 720 viewsjackrmee

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 11:55 - May 22 by bluey_the_blue

I'm in favour of universal credit; current benefits system is an absolute mess, so many forms, loopholes etc that like the tax system, it's over complicated and bloated.

Could the implementation be improved? Massively.

The housing part of UC is crazy. Giving someone their full months housing benefit and expecting them to be disciplined enough to hand it all straight over to their landlord is crazy.
Even working full time, it's difficult to make ends meet and have to dip into the bills money, whilst telling yourself "I'll put that back in next week", only to not do it and end up in debt.
Imagine being addicted to substances, gambling or literally living in poverty and having £500 put in your account every month. Temptation to dip into it, or even to use it to try and make yourself some money would be too much.
Homelessness is going to go through the roof when this gets fully rolled out.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 10:42 - May 24 with 717 viewsbluey_the_blue

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 10:40 - May 24 by jackrmee

The housing part of UC is crazy. Giving someone their full months housing benefit and expecting them to be disciplined enough to hand it all straight over to their landlord is crazy.
Even working full time, it's difficult to make ends meet and have to dip into the bills money, whilst telling yourself "I'll put that back in next week", only to not do it and end up in debt.
Imagine being addicted to substances, gambling or literally living in poverty and having £500 put in your account every month. Temptation to dip into it, or even to use it to try and make yourself some money would be too much.

I agree, that's one aspect that needs a lot of work.

Housing benefit should imo go to the landlord not the tenant.
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 12:33 - May 24 with 667 viewsAguycalledJack

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 10:40 - May 24 by jackrmee

I agree, but is not the case that the tenant can elect to have the housing benefit paid directly to the landlord? However, I believe that both tenant and landlord have to agree to this.
Addictions, gambling and mental health issues are all valid reasons that would be accepted to allow payment to go directly to the landlord.
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 12:41 - May 24 with 661 viewsbluey_the_blue

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 12:33 - May 24 by AguycalledJack

I agree, but is not the case that the tenant can elect to have the housing benefit paid directly to the landlord? However, I believe that both tenant and landlord have to agree to this.
Addictions, gambling and mental health issues are all valid reasons that would be accepted to allow payment to go directly to the landlord.

There are enough tenants who would elect not to do that, preferring to pocket the cash. Yes, there are dodgy landlords too, but with stringent checking and enforcement, for me the best option is the landlord getting the money which ensures the tenant has a roof over their head.
The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 14:04 - May 24 with 626 viewstheloneranger

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 12:33 - May 24 by AguycalledJack

It's not so easy to apply for an alternative payment arrangement. You need a very good reason to have a managed payment to your landlord when you are transferred to UC.

You have to prove that you are struggling to pay your rent yourself.

Some of the things you need to prove are ...

You are in rent arrears, or have other priority debts. You have personal issues that make it difficult to budget. You are homeless and a landlord will only offer you a tenancy if the housing element is paid to them.

Your landlord can request that your housing element is paid straight to them if you have rent arrears of 2 months, or1 month if you have not paid rent on time in the past.
When the tenants arrears have been cleared, the landlord must inform UC, and then the money will revert back to being paid directly to the tenant.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 14:09]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 21:30 - May 24 with 522 viewsJack_Meoff

So, instead of altering their despicable policy that has been besieged with errors from the start and has, and is, leaving people destitute - they produce some propaganda nonsense to convince the populace that it's somehow a triumph.

UK government turning into the Ministry of Truth before our very eyes. Pack of absolute criminals.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 06:34 - May 25 with 445 viewsAguycalledJack

The DWP are funding a universal credit (UC) fake news campaign ... on 14:04 - May 24 by theloneranger

It's not so easy to apply for an alternative payment arrangement. You need a very good reason to have a managed payment to your landlord when you are transferred to UC.

You have to prove that you are struggling to pay your rent yourself.

Some of the things you need to prove are ...

You are in rent arrears, or have other priority debts. You have personal issues that make it difficult to budget. You are homeless and a landlord will only offer you a tenancy if the housing element is paid to them.

Your landlord can request that your housing element is paid straight to them if you have rent arrears of 2 months, or1 month if you have not paid rent on time in the past.
When the tenants arrears have been cleared, the landlord must inform UC, and then the money will revert back to being paid directly to the tenant.
[Post edited 24 May 2019 14:09]

That info is good to know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024