Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 Home grown players in match day squads. 15:45 - May 22 with 2117 viewsBadlands

thoughts?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/key-efl-rule-could-af

"33.8: Home Grown Players. Each Club shall be required to nominate a minimum of seven Home Grown Players on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches)."

I am assuming it doesn't't have to be the same club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:04 - May 22 with 2061 viewsjasper_T

"Home grown" is any player who spent development time with clubs in the English or Welsh FA.

Just have to be a bit more careful with Scots and foreigners. But 7 out of a matchday 18 isn't going to be difficult for the vast majority of EFL teams.
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:23 - May 22 with 2002 viewsthornabyswan

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:04 - May 22 by jasper_T

"Home grown" is any player who spent development time with clubs in the English or Welsh FA.

Just have to be a bit more careful with Scots and foreigners. But 7 out of a matchday 18 isn't going to be difficult for the vast majority of EFL teams.

Any idea how many of the current first team squad are homegrown then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:30 - May 22 with 1980 viewsjasper_T

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:23 - May 22 by thornabyswan

Of the players that played this season and haven't been released:

van der Hoorn
Mulder
Fulton
Montero
Nordfeldt
McKay

Do not qualify as home grown. Everyone else does.
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:43 - May 22 with 1933 viewsthornabyswan

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:30 - May 22 by jasper_T

van der Hoorn
Mulder
Fulton
Montero
Nordfeldt
McKay

Thanks so not a problem for us then.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:45 - May 22 with 1923 viewsyescomeon

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:23 - May 22 by thornabyswan

All except van der Hoorn, Fer, Narsingh, Fulton, Mulder, Nordfelt and McKay I guess.

Asoro and Dhanda not yet 21 so depending on how the rules work may be exempt. Both should qualify when they turn 21.

I like the rule personally, it's not something I see us struggling with any time soon. Will drive up the price of domestic players forcing clubs to use their academy players. Something we're most likely going to be doing anyway.

Upthecity!

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:53 - May 22 with 1898 viewsjasper_T

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:45 - May 22 by yescomeon

All except van der Hoorn, Fer, Narsingh, Fulton, Mulder, Nordfelt and McKay I guess.

Asoro and Dhanda not yet 21 so depending on how the rules work may be exempt. Both should qualify when they turn 21.

I like the rule personally, it's not something I see us struggling with any time soon. Will drive up the price of domestic players forcing clubs to use their academy players. Something we're most likely going to be doing anyway.

Dhanda is English and has been in the English system his whole life.

Asoro joined Sunderland in 2015 so he's been here more than long enough to qualify.
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:57 - May 22 with 1889 viewsjasper_T

The actually-interesting rule that Wales Online don't seem to pick up on is:

Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12, with the effect from the commencement of the 2018/19 Season each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on their Team Sheet of Players for all League Competition Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where any Club does not name a Club Developed Player on the Team Sheet, that Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on that Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4).

"A Club Developed Player is one who has been registered with an EFL Club for a minimum of 12 months prior to the end of his Under 19 Season."
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 19:39 - May 22 with 1761 viewsAlfieMooresSon

A step in the right direction, it would be good if they said and three born within 50 miles of the ground, to encourage local talent.
Login to get fewer ads

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 22:35 - May 22 with 1655 viewsKilkennyjack

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 19:39 - May 22 by AlfieMooresSon

A step in the right direction, it would be good if they said and three born within 50 miles of the ground, to encourage local talent.

Great idea.

Beware of the Risen People

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 22:51 - May 22 with 1636 viewslifelong

With two of the three being born within sight of the Guildhall clock.
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 23:27 - May 22 with 1579 viewsBadlands

Then you could well have three players on the bench who will never play keeping others out of the squad and affecting their earnings.
Or, as happened in the past when nationality rules came in, a drop in standards.
IMOA sStupid rule - if players are good enough they will be picked, just another exercise in dumbing down standards and raising the cost of English/Welsh players.
[Post edited 22 May 2019 23:33]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 07:08 - May 23 with 1482 viewsyescomeon

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:53 - May 22 by jasper_T

Dhanda is English and has been in the English system his whole life.

Asoro joined Sunderland in 2015 so he's been here more than long enough to qualify.

Yeah both will qualify but does it not count till they're 21? So say we didn't have sufficient homegrown players, rather than putting just 6 subs out we could put a player under 21 on the bench instead of no one. Isn't that how the europa and champions league works?

Upthecity!

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 09:54 - May 23 with 1408 viewsjasper_T

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 07:08 - May 23 by yescomeon

Yeah both will qualify but does it not count till they're 21? So say we didn't have sufficient homegrown players, rather than putting just 6 subs out we could put a player under 21 on the bench instead of no one. Isn't that how the europa and champions league works?

These rules are different to the PL and Europe ones, which enforce maximum squad sizes but allow clubs to select freely from within those squads. In those cases youth players don't count towards the maximums and essentially become extra slots.

The EFL are instead specifying minimum selections, with the qualifying criteria applying to players of all ages.

"33.9 - 'Home Grown Player’ shall mean a Player who irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with:-"
7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 10:11 - May 23 with 1389 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This "home grown" thing has always been a bit of a joke. I remember when it started and Cesc Fabregas was 'home grown" at a time when people wondered how Arsenal would meet the criteria.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 10:55 - May 24 with 1201 viewsjackrmee

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 16:30 - May 22 by jasper_T

van der Hoorn
Mulder
Fulton
Montero
Nordfeldt
McKay

I know Fulton came from Scotland, but haven't we nurtured him in our u23s enough?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 12:10 - May 24 with 1159 viewsjasper_T

7 Home grown players in match day squads. on 10:55 - May 24 by jackrmee

I know Fulton came from Scotland, but haven't we nurtured him in our u23s enough?

He was 20 when we signed him. Home grown rules require "a period, continuous or not of three Seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024