Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter Speaks 17:06 - May 22 with 9865 viewsCaptain_Sham

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-thanks-jack-army-incredible-support

Its just a ride.

Potter Speaks on 20:40 - May 23 with 1677 viewsraynor94

Potter Speaks on 18:04 - May 23 by DafyddHuw

The only sensible post in this thread.

How come none of you jokers were giving him grief for leaving Ôstersunds to come here?

Maybe because he was there for 7 years, and parted on good terms, hardly the same scenario as what has happened here! (teach me to proof read)
[Post edited 23 May 2019 20:51]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potter Speaks on 20:42 - May 23 with 1672 viewssplJack

Potter Speaks on 20:40 - May 23 by raynor94

Maybe because he was there for 7 years, and parted on good terms, hardly the same scenario as what has happened here! (teach me to proof read)
[Post edited 23 May 2019 20:51]

Yeah year!
Potter Speaks on 20:43 - May 23 with 1667 viewsCaptain_Sham

Give me a C...

Its just a ride.

Potter Speaks on 20:44 - May 23 with 1658 viewssplJack

Potter Speaks on 20:43 - May 23 by Captain_Sham

Give me a C...

U...
Potter Speaks on 08:09 - May 24 with 1555 viewsbluenile

Potter Speaks on 19:41 - May 22 by Sirjohnalot

Not at all, seemed to be a genuine guy who was offered a chance to manage in the Premiership. Why would be not go ? Doesn’t mean he didn’t appreciate the fans or had every intention to stay.

Had he not said anything, people would criticise him saying it proved he didn’t care. We need to remember, it’s a job, one which Swansea would have no hesitation in ending if he wasn’t performing. Didn’t the Board sack Guidolin on his birthday ?

If he had EVERY intention to stay . . . . . Then he would have stayed. Just because we're a stepping stone, shouldn't mean we have to be a doormat.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Potter Speaks on 16:00 - May 24 with 1493 viewsCaptain_Sham

Give me a K...

Its just a ride.

Potter Speaks on 19:00 - May 24 with 1416 viewsSirjohnalot

Potter Speaks on 08:09 - May 24 by bluenile

If he had EVERY intention to stay . . . . . Then he would have stayed. Just because we're a stepping stone, shouldn't mean we have to be a doormat.

What I mean is, he wasn’t looking for offers, and therefore intended to stay. When an offer comes form a Premiership side, which may not come again, he’d be silly not to take it.

Doesn’t mean what he initially said wasn’t truly meant at the time.
Potter Speaks on 21:29 - May 24 with 1354 views34dfgdf54

Not that anyone would care now, but anyway, Brighton look set to sign that Matt Clarke fella from Portsmouth who Potter was allegedly scouting for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter Speaks on 21:53 - May 24 with 1318 viewsSirjohnalot

Potter Speaks on 21:29 - May 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not that anyone would care now, but anyway, Brighton look set to sign that Matt Clarke fella from Portsmouth who Potter was allegedly scouting for us.

Buggers up my ‘Potter is staying as why would he be scouting someone like that for a Premiership side’. Oops
Potter Speaks on 22:24 - May 24 with 1282 viewsDr_Winston

Potter Speaks on 19:00 - May 24 by Sirjohnalot

What I mean is, he wasn’t looking for offers, and therefore intended to stay. When an offer comes form a Premiership side, which may not come again, he’d be silly not to take it.

Doesn’t mean what he initially said wasn’t truly meant at the time.

Just underlines the folly of anyone in a business as transitory as football making any kind of definitive statement.

Maybe these people should just shut the f*ck up, stop currying favour with supporters and just get on with the job at hand.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Potter Speaks on 00:16 - May 25 with 1198 viewsGlyn1

Potter Speaks on 22:24 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

Just underlines the folly of anyone in a business as transitory as football making any kind of definitive statement.

Maybe these people should just shut the f*ck up, stop currying favour with supporters and just get on with the job at hand.

Although "getting on with the job at hand" does mean getting on with the supporters.

By the way, what does "currying" mean exactly - doing something with a horse? cooking Indian? cooking a horse in a curry?

He was offered the job of a lifetime and he took it, leaving us better off than when he arrived, so best wishes to him.

As someone pointed out, very few Premier League teams headhunt Championship managers, of course he was right to take it.

Move on, nothing to see here, no-one harmed.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 0:19]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potter Speaks on 05:25 - May 25 with 1135 viewsjack247

Potter Speaks on 22:24 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

I fell for this shit with Martinez. Won’t ever fall for it again.

Players and managers do develop attachments to clubs, fanbases and areas. I’m sure they often mean what they say. Won’t stop them moving on the minute a better job comes up. It’s business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024