Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? 00:49 - May 23 with 16008 viewsNotLoyal

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 09:52 - May 24 with 1354 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 09:39 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Of what?

Of the vote.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:32 - May 24 with 1290 viewslondonlisa2001

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 09:52 - May 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Of the vote.

Leaving aside the rather startling revelation that Laura Kuenssberg doesn’t know (as she can’t see inside sealed boxes) and yet someone on planetswans does know the results, if, the brexit party plus UKIP roughly equals the votes of the remain parties, it doesn’t verify anything very much at all. Even if there’s a big margin one way or the other, the turnout will be so low in comparison to a referendum, it’s not really a proxy.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:51 - May 24 with 1273 viewsJango

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:32 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Leaving aside the rather startling revelation that Laura Kuenssberg doesn’t know (as she can’t see inside sealed boxes) and yet someone on planetswans does know the results, if, the brexit party plus UKIP roughly equals the votes of the remain parties, it doesn’t verify anything very much at all. Even if there’s a big margin one way or the other, the turnout will be so low in comparison to a referendum, it’s not really a proxy.

Yet you constantly use poll results of 20000 people or even less as an argument to suggest remain is now favoured by the majority of the country.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 13:12 - May 24 with 1262 viewslondonlisa2001

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:51 - May 24 by Jango

Yet you constantly use poll results of 20000 people or even less as an argument to suggest remain is now favoured by the majority of the country.

Sorry, I don’t understand your post.

I was replying to the point saying it was a ‘verification’.

The results will obviously give an indication of sentiment, but won’t be a verification. I’ve never said a poll is a verification either.

As it happens, a properly constituted poll on a referendum question is probably a more accurate reflection of what another referendum could show, as it is designed to replicate the population that bite in a referendum.the difficulty with this one, is how you split the votes of people who vote Tory or Labour. It seems facile to say all Tories are leavers and all Labour remainers as we know that’s not true. But how do you split it? 90% of Tory votes leavers and 80% of Labour votes remainers? I don’t know.

By the way I’m not saying any of this because I think it’ll be one way or another. I think that the overall remain parties may well beat the Brexit party even ignoring the Tory / Labour votes. But it still won’t say what would happen with another referendum.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 15:44 - May 24 with 1228 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:32 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Did,nt say i know the results but, at the verification you get a good idea of whats happening. Labour have taken a kicking from initial reports, and that is all over Wales. turn out in BG was 33.8%. Torfaen 33%.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:03 - May 24 with 1212 viewstrinityann

Let's hope the new PM delivers brexit this time and not waste any more years. I can't take any more whining from remainers. Lifelong labour voter, never again.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:28 - May 24 with 1193 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 15:44 - May 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Did,nt say i know the results but, at the verification you get a good idea of whats happening. Labour have taken a kicking from initial reports, and that is all over Wales. turn out in BG was 33.8%. Torfaen 33%.

How does the verification give you a good idea of how the votes have been cast when none have been counted yet? Turnout will be easy enough to get from the voter lists.

Poll: Tory leader

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:30 - May 24 with 1192 viewsEbo

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:03 - May 24 by trinityann

Let's hope the new PM delivers brexit this time and not waste any more years. I can't take any more whining from remainers. Lifelong labour voter, never again.

I can't stand whining from deluded Brexit heads either, crying because they want their own private unicorn that will shit magic beans.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:44 - May 24 with 1184 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:28 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

How does the verification give you a good idea of how the votes have been cast when none have been counted yet? Turnout will be easy enough to get from the voter lists.

Right sealed boxes are brought in from the polling stations and deposited to the counting room. Voting boxes are opened, voting papers are opened face down and counted into piles of 10, then stacked in piles of 100. Number of returned ballot papers is checked against numbers of persons who voted at each polling station. voting papers are then put into boxes and resealed for Sundays count. number of voting papers returned are sent to Pembrokeshire , were the turn out is calculated and where the result will be counted up and delivered to the general public/media. When the ballot papers are opened face down, the paper used is not of the best quality? The ballot paper is rather transparent? Not the most scientific method, but i,m sure you get my drift?
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:51 - May 24 with 1176 viewsexiledclaseboy

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:44 - May 24 by blaenaugwentjack

Right sealed boxes are brought in from the polling stations and deposited to the counting room. Voting boxes are opened, voting papers are opened face down and counted into piles of 10, then stacked in piles of 100. Number of returned ballot papers is checked against numbers of persons who voted at each polling station. voting papers are then put into boxes and resealed for Sundays count. number of voting papers returned are sent to Pembrokeshire , were the turn out is calculated and where the result will be counted up and delivered to the general public/media. When the ballot papers are opened face down, the paper used is not of the best quality? The ballot paper is rather transparent? Not the most scientific method, but i,m sure you get my drift?

Fair enough. I thought the boxes couldn’t be opened until Sunday night but it seems that isn’t the case, it’s the results that can’t be announced before then. Apologies for doubting you.

Poll: Tory leader

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 18:16 - May 24 with 1117 viewsLeonWasGod

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:44 - May 24 by blaenaugwentjack

You’ve missed the bit where the elite establishment rub out all the pro-Brexit votes, which is why you always need to take your own pen. Apparently 🤷‍♂️
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 20:25 - May 24 with 1083 viewssherpajacob

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 18:16 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

You’ve missed the bit where the elite establishment rub out all the pro-Brexit votes, which is why you always need to take your own pen. Apparently 🤷‍♂️

That's who we voted to take back control, isn't it?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 20:45 - May 24 with 1062 viewsFlashberryjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 20:25 - May 24 by sherpajacob

That's who we voted to take back control, isn't it?

"Taking back control" perish the thought.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 21:03 - May 24 with 1046 viewsdickythorpe

Haverfordwest is where the answers lie.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 21:16 - May 24 with 1028 viewsHighjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 18:16 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

There are definite parallels with the Khmer Rouge here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 07:32 - May 25 with 949 viewsKilkennyjack

Of the 140 councils across uk, then when you look at the biggest Percentage increase in turn out then 4 of the top 5 are Welsh.
Swansea 13th with an extra 7 per cent of people voting.

Perhaps Wales has just realised its being shafted by London Rule ?

Beware of the Risen People

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 08:09 - May 25 with 930 viewssg1912

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 21:16 - May 24 by Highjack

There are definite parallels with the Khmer Rouge here.

Demonising of people who “who voted differently ”
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. Or allowing people to think that without correcting them.

... these things are happening now, not just in the UK of course. I’m not saying that the UK is about to turn into 1970s Cambodia but the parallels are there. It’s how populism rises and dictators have come to power throughout history.

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 08:42 - May 25 with 904 viewsJackarmy777

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 08:09 - May 25 by sg1912

Demonising of people who “who voted differently ”
Heaping the blame for all the nation’s ills on those same people. Or allowing people to think that without correcting them.

... these things are happening now, not just in the UK of course. I’m not saying that the UK is about to turn into 1970s Cambodia but the parallels are there. It’s how populism rises and dictators have come to power throughout history.

If populism, means getting rid of the fascist liberal political system we now have, then I’m all for it.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 08:49 - May 25 with 894 viewsNotLoyal

That will be because it wasn't a referendum, it was a political vote 👍

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 10:42 - May 25 with 841 viewsKilkennyjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 08:42 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

If populism, means getting rid of the fascist liberal political system we now have, then I’m all for it.

No - it means an isolated, backward looking, xenophobic and joyless small island in an increasingly joined up and prosperous modern world. Happy to help.

This is why the old gammons hate modern life, their own best days are long gone. Incredibly selfish behaviour from a generation that never fought in major wars like their parents and grand-parents. Talk about snowflakes.

Beware of the Risen People

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 10:55 - May 25 with 830 viewsJackarmy777

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 10:42 - May 25 by Kilkennyjack

No - it means an isolated, backward looking, xenophobic and joyless small island in an increasingly joined up and prosperous modern world. Happy to help.

This is why the old gammons hate modern life, their own best days are long gone. Incredibly selfish behaviour from a generation that never fought in major wars like their parents and grand-parents. Talk about snowflakes.

Blah, blah fooking blah. Give me the so called “isolation” any day over the shambolic eu.
If people from the U.K. want to live in the eu, why don’t they just move to Dublin or some other place in the eu.

I want the hardest Brexit possible.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 11:35]
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 12:55 - May 25 with 798 viewschad

Wouldn’t the people’s vote be the very epitome of populism?

From comments here perhaps it should be called the nazi vote.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 13:29 - May 26 with 695 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 10:55 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

Blah, blah fooking blah. Give me the so called “isolation” any day over the shambolic eu.
If people from the U.K. want to live in the eu, why don’t they just move to Dublin or some other place in the eu.

I want the hardest Brexit possible.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 11:35]

Best of luck with that, your going to need it if your wishes come true.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 13:30 - May 26 with 692 viewsblaenaugwentjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 16:51 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Fair enough. I thought the boxes couldn’t be opened until Sunday night but it seems that isn’t the case, it’s the results that can’t be announced before then. Apologies for doubting you.

P M sent.
It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 14:19 - May 26 with 668 viewsHighjack

It's European election day, whose ya voting for ? on 10:42 - May 25 by Kilkennyjack

Do you believe it is democratic and fair that wales has only 4 MEPs but Malta has 6 when wales has a population around six times bigger than Malta?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024