Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff 14:44 - May 23 with 5070 viewsderijack

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/23/emiliano-sala-voice-message-unco

Not a good reflection on todays game and agents..

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 14:51 - May 23 with 3884 viewsAlfieMooresSon

It's not, and with their style and lack of support who could blame him?

It also shows the true thoughts of some foreign players, they don't really want to play in the English Leagues but money talks.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 14:59 - May 23 with 3851 viewsAustinIsOurHero

makes what happened even more tragic

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:02 - May 23 with 3834 viewsDr_Winston

And Cardiff don't want to pay for him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:24 - May 23 with 3756 viewssainthelens

His late Dad was quoted as saying, they've treated my boy like an abandoned dog.
The club is utter scum.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:30 - May 23 with 3738 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:24 - May 23 by sainthelens

His late Dad was quoted as saying, they've treated my boy like an abandoned dog.
The club is utter scum.

His late dad was also factually incorrect; we arranged a flight which Sala turned down.

Why bother with facts, eh?
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:33 - May 23 with 3722 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 14:51 - May 23 by AlfieMooresSon

It's not, and with their style and lack of support who could blame him?

It also shows the true thoughts of some foreign players, they don't really want to play in the English Leagues but money talks.

It's nothing to do with "style" or "lack of support", cheap digs in a serious matter.

Sala didn't want to leave, everyone and their dog knows that. What he had was a chairman wanting to sell him against his wishes. Mackay weaseling in, freely admitting he only cared about making money. Sala had Mackay pedalling him the dream that he could get him a move to a top Prem club, intimating he should maybe put up with being at Cardiff short term.

Previous attempts at toughening up on rogue agents clearly haven't worked.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:37 - May 23 with 3708 viewssainthelens

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:30 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

His late dad was also factually incorrect; we arranged a flight which Sala turned down.

Why bother with facts, eh?

Of course..the facts. Which are you left YOUR player to fly over in a dustbin.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:40 - May 23 with 3685 viewsmagicdaps10

Making the club look bad.

I wouldnt want to deal with them If I were a agent/chairman.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:55 - May 23 with 3614 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:40 - May 23 by magicdaps10

Making the club look bad.

I wouldnt want to deal with them If I were a agent/chairman.

If you were an agent you wouldn't give a feck who you deal with provided you got your cut.

It's what they do.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:55 - May 23 with 3613 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:37 - May 23 by sainthelens

Stop lying.

We offered a commercial flight. Sala turned that down, talking to Jack Mackay which led to Willie Mackay arranging the flight.

Facts, eh?
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:56 - May 23 with 3606 viewspencoedjack

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:37 - May 23 by sainthelens

He defends the undefendable mate

They are all scum
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:56 - May 23 with 3597 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:56 - May 23 by pencoedjack

He defends the undefendable mate

They are all scum

No, I just correct lies.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:58 - May 23 with 3584 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:33 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

It's nothing to do with "style" or "lack of support", cheap digs in a serious matter.

Sala didn't want to leave, everyone and their dog knows that. What he had was a chairman wanting to sell him against his wishes. Mackay weaseling in, freely admitting he only cared about making money. Sala had Mackay pedalling him the dream that he could get him a move to a top Prem club, intimating he should maybe put up with being at Cardiff short term.

Previous attempts at toughening up on rogue agents clearly haven't worked.

It wasn't a dig, you play with one upfront and the Strikers get next to no support, what Striker in their right mind would want to damage their reputation, with a lack of goals in that style?

That's why you are struggling to sign Strikers, it's a tough task especially in the Premier League, you may be luckier in the Championship where you on paper are not one of the weakest teams in the League.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:04 - May 23 with 3560 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:58 - May 23 by AlfieMooresSon

It wasn't a dig, you play with one upfront and the Strikers get next to no support, what Striker in their right mind would want to damage their reputation, with a lack of goals in that style?

That's why you are struggling to sign Strikers, it's a tough task especially in the Premier League, you may be luckier in the Championship where you on paper are not one of the weakest teams in the League.

Sala didn't want to leave Nantes. That was the root issue; it was made plain by the Nantes chairman he was going to be sold.

I agree about a lack of goals up front; having said that though, Niasse had numerous chances which he ballsed up, so it's not as big a problem as you'd think. Assuming 4-2-3-1 given Warnock likes wingers cutting inside then Murphy - Reid - Mendez-Laing behind a striker isn't that bad imo.

TBh, last striker we had capable imo of the lone striker role was Helguson, a real warrior. Still miss the Bothroyd-Chopra partnership.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:17 - May 23 with 3499 viewsThornburyswan

Have to say I don't buy the story, he was a grown adult if he didn't want to go to Cardiff don't go (grow a pair) he was hardly destitute in Nantes - accept Cardiff (like most of the non-London based Prem clubs outside the top 10) are not a draw, other than the Premiership riches but spare us the sob story of 'sold against my wishes' bollox.

On a linked note let's move on fro me the Sala stories, it has nothing to do with us & we gain nothing in debating it or using it as a stick to bash them with - let's leave that for the two matches next season!
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:51 - May 23 with 3381 viewsLeonWasGod

We've known that for a while. Willie McKay has explained he had to talk him round as he didn't want to join. This is the Willie McKay who was apparently brokering the deal despite not being a registered agent or intermediary. And the club must have know this.

Far too late for Sala, but I hope this will result some action to clamp down on dodgy practices around agents and clubs. We've talked about that before on here; as I've said before I'm not holding my breath as there's so much money sloshing around and too many people protecting their own interests. You only had to look at what happened with our sellouts to see how that all plays out.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:55 - May 23 with 3356 viewsMrSwerve

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:17 - May 23 by Thornburyswan

Have to say I don't buy the story, he was a grown adult if he didn't want to go to Cardiff don't go (grow a pair) he was hardly destitute in Nantes - accept Cardiff (like most of the non-London based Prem clubs outside the top 10) are not a draw, other than the Premiership riches but spare us the sob story of 'sold against my wishes' bollox.

On a linked note let's move on fro me the Sala stories, it has nothing to do with us & we gain nothing in debating it or using it as a stick to bash them with - let's leave that for the two matches next season!

Indeed, we don’t gain anything from making ‘banter’ from this situation.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:03 - May 23 with 3331 viewsexhmrc1

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 16:04 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

Sala didn't want to leave Nantes. That was the root issue; it was made plain by the Nantes chairman he was going to be sold.

I agree about a lack of goals up front; having said that though, Niasse had numerous chances which he ballsed up, so it's not as big a problem as you'd think. Assuming 4-2-3-1 given Warnock likes wingers cutting inside then Murphy - Reid - Mendez-Laing behind a striker isn't that bad imo.

TBh, last striker we had capable imo of the lone striker role was Helguson, a real warrior. Still miss the Bothroyd-Chopra partnership.

The reason he didnt want to join Cardiff is he wanted to go to a bigger club who were not likely to be relegated. Every club at the bottom end of the premier league has this problem. Players dont want to go to struggling clubs and it takes excessive payments to get them. Look at us or yourselves previously unfortunately that is fact of life that is why we are in a mess and you overpaid for Cornelius and Caulker
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:23 - May 23 with 3269 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Helguson was a great striker very underrated, If you could have got someone in of that standard you may have stayed up, Niasse looked shocking couldn't hit a barn door!

Last season, no Strikers wouldn't have relished playing up front for Cardiff, it looked a thankless task, if someone like Watford or Everton had come in for him he would have fancied it more. I appreciate he may have liked Nantes but if it was the right offer he would have jumped at it.

I agree this season could be different if you keep the majority of your players, your wingers will be able to help out more and won't have to defend for 85mins and try and break away quickly or wait for corners or long throws. .
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:26 - May 23 with 3255 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Agree with that although I've added about three!

Although my final one, I will be interested in the outcome of the FIFA investigation, I thought they would have had an outcome by now, so I guess it can't be that clear cut!
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:28]
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:40 - May 23 with 3201 viewsDafyddHuw

"Sala didn't want to leave Nantes. That was the root issue; it was made plain by the Nantes chairman he was going to be sold."

The truth is that he didn't have to sign. Doesn't matter if his chairman wanted him out. He had a contract. He could have stayed put, irrespective of what his agent said/did.

Like Bale at Madrid now. Everybody at the club, fans included, want him out. If they choose not to play him, he can play golf every day @ £300K a week until his contract runs out.

Or he can leave. His choice.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:47]
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:20 - May 23 with 3034 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think Nantes were the destitute ones. Hence the “sale”

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:22 - May 23 with 3030 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:40 - May 23 by DafyddHuw

"Sala didn't want to leave Nantes. That was the root issue; it was made plain by the Nantes chairman he was going to be sold."

The truth is that he didn't have to sign. Doesn't matter if his chairman wanted him out. He had a contract. He could have stayed put, irrespective of what his agent said/did.

Like Bale at Madrid now. Everybody at the club, fans included, want him out. If they choose not to play him, he can play golf every day @ £300K a week until his contract runs out.

Or he can leave. His choice.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:47]

He was on 10k a week at Nantes. We offered 40k. That and Mackay's promises that would lead to a big move to a top Prem club would've had an influence on anyone.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:28 - May 23 with 2998 viewsDr_Winston

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:22 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

He was on 10k a week at Nantes. We offered 40k. That and Mackay's promises that would lead to a big move to a top Prem club would've had an influence on anyone.

If Sala believed McKay would have got him a move to a big Prem club when the best he could manage as a stepping stone was Cardiff it's a wonder he didn't try flying the channel just by flapping his arms.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:30 - May 23 with 2992 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 17:03 - May 23 by exhmrc1

The reason he didnt want to join Cardiff is he wanted to go to a bigger club who were not likely to be relegated. Every club at the bottom end of the premier league has this problem. Players dont want to go to struggling clubs and it takes excessive payments to get them. Look at us or yourselves previously unfortunately that is fact of life that is why we are in a mess and you overpaid for Cornelius and Caulker

We offered 4 times what he was on at Nantes, my view is he wasn't that interested but was willing to join as a short term thing whilst the interest Mackay claimed materialised. Doesn't mean he'd have half-arsed it.

Excessive payments? I'd not have said 40k a week was that excessive in the Prem tbh, especially given our low wage bill.

We didn't overpay for Caulker; made the transfer fee back when flogging him to QPR. Cornelius, that transfer as everyone knows was one of those that was dodgy as hell but couldn't be proven to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024