Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff 14:44 - May 23 with 5197 viewsderijack

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/23/emiliano-sala-voice-message-unco

Not a good reflection on todays game and agents..

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:33 - May 23 with 1195 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:28 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

If Sala believed McKay would have got him a move to a big Prem club when the best he could manage as a stepping stone was Cardiff it's a wonder he didn't try flying the channel just by flapping his arms.

McKay's email, eh... you have to wonder about the intellect of players reading it, but as he was engaged by Nantes little Sala could do I guess.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emiliano-sala-email-w
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:35 - May 23 with 1186 viewsexhmrc1

I dont know if you saw the BBC documentary but Mckay explained to him nobody else was interested in him and that he used the line that other clubs were interested to create interest in him from Cardiff. He also told him that clubs were only interested in players for what they get out and both those comments are very true.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:49 - May 23 with 1164 viewsplasjack

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:35 - May 23 by exhmrc1

I dont know if you saw the BBC documentary but Mckay explained to him nobody else was interested in him and that he used the line that other clubs were interested to create interest in him from Cardiff. He also told him that clubs were only interested in players for what they get out and both those comments are very true.

Tragic situation made even worse when Sala was introduced as a Cardiff player two days before he died, then took advantage of a contract technicality to renege on the transfer fee, good PR on future signings I don't think.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:59 - May 23 with 1152 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:35 - May 23 by exhmrc1

Didn't need to see the documentary, that info was in McKay's email which was released by McKay months ago. People I know who did see it say it said nothing that wasn't already out there.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 20:05 - May 23 with 1146 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 19:49 - May 23 by plasjack

Tragic situation made even worse when Sala was introduced as a Cardiff player two days before he died, then took advantage of a contract technicality to renege on the transfer fee, good PR on future signings I don't think.

Players are often unveiled ahead of transfers being completed. It's PR.

Contract technicality? Nantes introduced several specific causes around notification on the transfer contract meaning that if we didn't abide by those, notified them too late etc then Sala remained their player, they could look to move him on in the transfer window.

You can't argue that those contract clauses only work one way. If Sala had lived, we'd not notified Nantes as per clauses then you'd be laughing about our "ineptitude". You can't have your cake and eat it, the clauses have legal standing and merit.

As for "reneging", the club have consistently said they will abide by the decision, pay if the clubs case isn't sufficient for want of a better word. Clarification around the transfer deal is needed.

On another point, I find it odd but not surprising here that we are made to look the bad guys, yet Nantes demanding first payment 48hrs after the plane went missing, well ahead of the actual deadline for payment isn't relevant. That reads to me as if Nantes wanted a payment ASAP making us liable for the full amount.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 20:27 - May 23 with 1109 viewsdobjack2

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 20:05 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

Players are often unveiled ahead of transfers being completed. It's PR.

Contract technicality? Nantes introduced several specific causes around notification on the transfer contract meaning that if we didn't abide by those, notified them too late etc then Sala remained their player, they could look to move him on in the transfer window.

You can't argue that those contract clauses only work one way. If Sala had lived, we'd not notified Nantes as per clauses then you'd be laughing about our "ineptitude". You can't have your cake and eat it, the clauses have legal standing and merit.

As for "reneging", the club have consistently said they will abide by the decision, pay if the clubs case isn't sufficient for want of a better word. Clarification around the transfer deal is needed.

On another point, I find it odd but not surprising here that we are made to look the bad guys, yet Nantes demanding first payment 48hrs after the plane went missing, well ahead of the actual deadline for payment isn't relevant. That reads to me as if Nantes wanted a payment ASAP making us liable for the full amount.

Your lawyers would never have allowed the club to pay at that stage. It would have been an admission of liability when the facts were unclear.

It would be like apologising for/admitting that a car accident was your fault and wondering why your insurers are telling you that your claim is invalid.
Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 22:06 - May 23 with 1044 viewsOldjack

Sala didnt want to join Cardiff on 15:30 - May 23 by bluey_the_blue

His late dad was also factually incorrect; we arranged a flight which Sala turned down.

Why bother with facts, eh?

Prove it ,you can't ,so it's not fact

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024