Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 21:30 - May 23 with 19434 viewsJacket

He's announced his departure from Alaves then.

https://www.gasteizhoy.com/borja-baston-alaves/
Borja Baston on 21:35 - May 23 with 6683 viewsdobjack2

Wonder if we’ll try to negotiate a contract settlement? He has no intention of coming back.
Borja Baston on 21:36 - May 23 with 6669 viewsSTID2017

All Dutch to me !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Borja Baston on 21:39 - May 23 with 6640 viewsSwanjaxs

Bring him home 😍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Borja Baston on 21:41 - May 23 with 6622 viewsJacket

Borja Baston on 21:39 - May 23 by Swanjaxs

Bring him home 😍

Hola!
Borja Baston on 21:57 - May 23 with 6513 viewssg1912

We must be the only club outside the top 6 that buys players for £15 million + and sends them out on loan for 3 years.
Borja Baston on 22:08 - May 23 with 6457 viewsGlyn1

He's coming home
He's coming home
Borja's coming home

Google Translate is our friend:

"As every season finale, the farewells arrive at Deportivo Alavés. The albiazules took vacations yesterday. Some of them will not return to Mendizorrotza, at least as locals. And although the club has not been pronounced on the matter, everything seems to indicate that one of them will be Borja Bastón. The striker has been fired on social media on Tuesday: Bastón mentions that it has been "a pride" to belong to the albiazul discipline and thanks for the love received. "My son was born here, and like me, he will always carry a piece of Vitoria and Alavés in his heart," he said in an image.

Borja Bastón arrived last summer at the Mendizorrotza facilities on loan. He is still owned by Swansea, a Welsh club that acquired his rights in 2016. He has one year left on its contract, although it could also pass it away from the United Kingdom. In the Alavés has not had his best campaign, and his performance has been consistent with the state of form of the team. In 27 league games played has scored 5 goals and has distributed an assistance, with variable success.

The best moment of Madrid coincided also with one of the peaks of form of Alavés, at the beginning of January. He scored two consecutive goals against Valencia and against Girona, playing practically the entire match. And is that the Madrid player has only played three full games; Abelardo has usually used him as a replacement in the second half or as a first substitution when he left the holder." Article continues but nothing relevant.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Borja Baston on 22:10 - May 23 with 6442 viewsdobjack2

Borja Baston on 21:39 - May 23 by Swanjaxs

Bring him home 😍

Feck him off
Borja Baston on 22:11 - May 23 with 6434 viewsJacket

Borja Baston on 21:57 - May 23 by sg1912

We must be the only club outside the top 6 that buys players for £15 million + and sends them out on loan for 3 years.

Well, the Swanselona tag may have gone to Conkface's head. He thought he was some big shot, but in reality he was just a geezer with a big nose.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 22:20 - May 23 with 6359 viewsdobjack2

Says everything about our bungled recruitment, the bloke in charge and how much he was paying himself.

Bastions highlight reel looked good but who the feck was looking at how he played, who he was as a person and how he would fit in with the way we wanted to play.

Sorry my mistake once we got rid of laudrup we had no consistent idea of wanting to play. Our plan seemed to be try not to lose and hope to win enough times to stay up
Borja Baston on 22:54 - May 23 with 6181 viewsLuther27

Borja Baston on 21:35 - May 23 by dobjack2

Wonder if we’ll try to negotiate a contract settlement? He has no intention of coming back.

Just wondering...if he refuses to return does that mean he's broken his contract with us?
Borja Baston on 23:16 - May 23 with 6087 viewsskacrazy

What exactly was his signing about?

He never looked like he was interested in playing for us.

Completely gutless. Never even tried to prove he could play. He just seemed to be in it for the money. Crazy signing.
Borja Baston on 06:54 - May 24 with 5769 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 22:11 - May 23 by Jacket

Well, the Swanselona tag may have gone to Conkface's head. He thought he was some big shot, but in reality he was just a geezer with a big nose.

Big snot????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja Baston on 07:28 - May 24 with 5679 viewsJFSwan

He came in as no 1 striker but then Llorente was outstanding and could not get any game time
Borja Baston on 07:49 - May 24 with 5625 viewswaynekerr55

Borja Baston on 22:20 - May 23 by dobjack2

Says everything about our bungled recruitment, the bloke in charge and how much he was paying himself.

Bastions highlight reel looked good but who the feck was looking at how he played, who he was as a person and how he would fit in with the way we wanted to play.

Sorry my mistake once we got rid of laudrup we had no consistent idea of wanting to play. Our plan seemed to be try not to lose and hope to win enough times to stay up

That first paragraph is beautiful. Yet I bet there's still a fan club for that useless twàt despite him being the major cause of the financial mess that we're in

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Borja Baston on 08:00 - May 24 with 5593 viewsWarwickHunt

We were the only club in the PL to allow a pub team
goalkeeper with an ego the size of Finland to appoint himself as DoF.
Borja Baston on 09:02 - May 24 with 5450 viewsLeonWasGod

He could be the next Schecter for us
Borja Baston on 09:22 - May 24 with 5396 viewsLuther27

Fck me...HJ has gone...period. I don't care who he's signed..who we have lost money on or made a profit on. Every fkn thread on here strays to the same old etc. Ffs people let it go. The thread was about the BB. I'm more interested in what'll happen to him if he returns or doesn't.
Borja Baston on 10:05 - May 24 with 5285 viewsJacket

Borja Baston on 09:22 - May 24 by Luther27

Fck me...HJ has gone...period. I don't care who he's signed..who we have lost money on or made a profit on. Every fkn thread on here strays to the same old etc. Ffs people let it go. The thread was about the BB. I'm more interested in what'll happen to him if he returns or doesn't.

Yeah, let's just forget he is the root cause of everything that's gone wrong with this club. It's not as if he got praised and made out to be the Messiah on our way up the leagues.

If he could take the praise, he can damn well take the deserved criticism he's now getting. Everything gets back to him on this forum, because all our current problems go back to him.

These failures I could forgive on their own, but when you couple his shortcomings as DoF, with the way he cashed in his shares without due care to this club's future, they become unforgivable and impossible to forget.
Borja Baston on 10:14 - May 24 with 5253 viewsNeath_Jack

Borja Baston on 09:22 - May 24 by Luther27

You're forgetting the Planet Swans rule of thumb on transfers:

Player ends up doing well for us = Managers kudos or we were just lucky.
Player ends up being shite for us = Jenkins fault.

Agree with your post though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja Baston on 10:24 - May 24 with 5213 viewsVincent_Vega

I'm afraid we might have to cut our losses on this one

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Borja Baston on 10:52 - May 24 with 5164 viewsJacket

Borja Baston on 10:14 - May 24 by Neath_Jack

You're forgetting the Planet Swans rule of thumb on transfers:

Player ends up doing well for us = Managers kudos or we were just lucky.
Player ends up being shite for us = Jenkins fault.

Agree with your post though.

But Baston is open and shut, Guidolin made it clear he didn't really want to play the guy, it was a Jenkins signing. Paloschi on the other hand was a Guidolin signing and I wouldn't blame Jenks for that. In the following season I'd blame Jenkins for the shocking signings of Bony and Andre Ayew, but Clement should take the blame for the money wasted on Sanches.

There you go, I've apparently gone against forum rules. I await the inevitable ban.
Borja Baston on 10:58 - May 24 with 5141 viewsNeath_Jack

Borja Baston on 10:52 - May 24 by Jacket

But Baston is open and shut, Guidolin made it clear he didn't really want to play the guy, it was a Jenkins signing. Paloschi on the other hand was a Guidolin signing and I wouldn't blame Jenks for that. In the following season I'd blame Jenkins for the shocking signings of Bony and Andre Ayew, but Clement should take the blame for the money wasted on Sanches.

There you go, I've apparently gone against forum rules. I await the inevitable ban.

You have no idea who's signings any of them were.

You are of course allowed your opinion / assumptions, but it doesn't make them to be true.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Borja Baston on 11:04 - May 24 with 5119 viewsmajorraglan

I wouldn’t argue other any of that other than the ban bit.

Paloschi had a decent goal scoring record with Chievo in Serie A before his transfer to Swansea scoring 42 goals in 144 games. A lot of the clubs troubles stem from the poor transfer business.
Borja Baston on 11:09 - May 24 with 5094 viewsdobjack2

Exactly- and it’s not an simply an issue about whether someone was a good or bad signing on the pitch. Some signings don’t come off, some unfortunately were extremely unlikely to work.

It’s the transfer fee we paid, the length of contract and the wages we contracted to pay them.

For example Sanches was a waste of money but, he isn’t hurting the club now.

The manager may want a player or our recruitment arm may have given a player to a manager whether Any real scouting or due diligence was carried out on some players is debatable. Mind you by that stage we also had no discernible pattern of play to bring players into.

However it was Jenkins that agreed the transfer fee and negotiated financially unsustainable contracts and the buck for the financial mess we are in stops there.
Borja Baston on 11:13 - May 24 with 5075 viewsNeath_Jack

Borja Baston on 11:04 - May 24 by majorraglan

I wouldn’t argue other any of that other than the ban bit.

Paloschi had a decent goal scoring record with Chievo in Serie A before his transfer to Swansea scoring 42 goals in 144 games. A lot of the clubs troubles stem from the poor transfer business.

Baston had a decent scoring record in the two previous years prior to us signing him.

2014—2015 - 22
2015—2016 - 18

Whereas Paloschi scored 8 & 9 goals for the same period.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024