Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja Baston 21:30 - May 23 with 19463 viewsJacket

He's announced his departure from Alaves then.

https://www.gasteizhoy.com/borja-baston-alaves/
Borja Baston on 20:35 - Jun 27 with 3231 viewsmajorraglan

Borja Baston on 12:49 - Jun 27 by Jacket

Seemed to me to be more suited to quick counter attacks based teams like Eibar, rather than possession based teams. Irony is, he'd have done well during "Monk's record-breaking campaign"©

If they find someone to pay more than 50% of his wages he'll be off on loan.

Walesonline previously reported his wages were north of £50k per week. He scored a few goals last year, but I am not sure his performances were such that he is going to attract a stellar bid which would match the wages he earns at Swansea.
Wages in La Liga are much lower than the PL and are probably comparable to wages paid at the bigger clubs in the Championship. Checked on line, the team with the lowest average salary in La Liga was Valladolid coming in at £550k per year, Alaves who Baston played for last season averaged £796k which is £15k a week. If a loan bid comes in for Baston and the other club will only pay £15k per week (or even less) towards his wages (meaning the club have to pay a contribution of £35k) I would be tempted to keep him. If there’s a buyer then that may be a different story, but even then it may be the transfer fee the club received will be cancelled out by having to subsidise his wages.

Sadly, a poor bit of business.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 20:36]
Borja Baston on 20:49 - Jun 27 with 3160 viewsChief

Well I'm amazed he's actually turned up this summer, apparently he was told to stay away last summer and find a club in Spain so glad we haven't been as soft a touch this time. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere and we CAN afford his wages.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Borja Baston on 21:09 - Jun 27 with 3091 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 20:49 - Jun 27 by Chief

Well I'm amazed he's actually turned up this summer, apparently he was told to stay away last summer and find a club in Spain so glad we haven't been as soft a touch this time. I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere and we CAN afford his wages.

Huw was in charge this time last year. Hopefully Birch has played bad cop and told him he’d rot if he doesn’t play ball here and then Cooper has put his arm around his shoulder and said that he rates him and wants him to feature for us this season.
Let’s face it if he wants to put himself in the shop window the championship gets a lot of exposure. I may be a naive old fool but I’d like nothing better for him and socks to smash the division.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja Baston on 21:12 - Jun 27 with 3085 views34dfgdf54

Borja Baston on 19:16 - Jun 27 by jack247

He’d have been shit. For his faults, Gomis was quite capable of occupying centre backs. Borja would have started eagerly, got outmuscled once or twice, then someone would have kicked him and he’d have lost heart and hidden by dropping deep.

If he’d have succeeded in any team since he’s been here it would have been last seasons IMO

If we had Gomis two seasons back, we would have stayed up.
Borja Baston on 21:21 - Jun 27 with 3060 viewsjack247

Borja Baston on 21:12 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

I’m sure you’re right.

Would have suited Clements game better than Tammy.
Borja Baston on 21:21 - Jun 27 with 3055 viewsswan65split

Borja Baston on 21:09 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Huw was in charge this time last year. Hopefully Birch has played bad cop and told him he’d rot if he doesn’t play ball here and then Cooper has put his arm around his shoulder and said that he rates him and wants him to feature for us this season.
Let’s face it if he wants to put himself in the shop window the championship gets a lot of exposure. I may be a naive old fool but I’d like nothing better for him and socks to smash the division.

yep, maybe putting up with him for a year and gambling may be better than forking out with a fee, for someone...........Fee ....did I say Fee God forbid.
Borja Baston on 21:25 - Jun 27 with 3040 viewsmajorraglan

Borja Baston on 21:12 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Play to his strengths and Gomis has goals in him.

Marseille 2016/17
34 games, 21 goals.

Galatasary 17/18
38 games, 32 goals

Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia -yes I know it could be a duff League)
33 games 29 goals.

Difficult to argue with some of those stats.
Borja Baston on 21:27 - Jun 27 with 3037 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 21:21 - Jun 27 by swan65split

yep, maybe putting up with him for a year and gambling may be better than forking out with a fee, for someone...........Fee ....did I say Fee God forbid.

Well if we’re going to be paying most of his wages anyway, may as well have him earn it for once rather than just tossing it off over Spain doing well for someone else at our expense.

Login to get fewer ads

Borja Baston on 10:57 - Jun 28 with 2713 viewsKGriz16

Borja Baston on 21:27 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if we’re going to be paying most of his wages anyway, may as well have him earn it for once rather than just tossing it off over Spain doing well for someone else at our expense.

He seemed in direct conversation with Cooper in the gallery.
Borja Baston on 11:07 - Jun 28 with 2694 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 10:57 - Jun 28 by KGriz16

He seemed in direct conversation with Cooper in the gallery.

This could be his last chance at properly making it in the game. If cooper can get his thinking straight it could work well for all concerned.

Borja Baston on 11:13 - Jun 28 with 2670 viewsswanforthemoney

Borja Baston on 21:25 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

Play to his strengths and Gomis has goals in him.

Marseille 2016/17
34 games, 21 goals.

Galatasary 17/18
38 games, 32 goals

Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia -yes I know it could be a duff League)
33 games 29 goals.

Difficult to argue with some of those stats.

Have they got rid of the offside rule out there, then ?

I stand in the North Stand

Borja Baston on 11:17 - Jun 28 with 2661 viewsBadlands

Borja Baston on 11:13 - Jun 28 by swanforthemoney

No, but they alll had midfield players who didn't need to get the ball, control it, touch it forward, look up, touch it again, look up and hoof it forward.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja Baston on 11:37 - Jun 28 with 2617 viewsKGriz16

Borja Baston on 11:07 - Jun 28 by Brynmill_Jack

This could be his last chance at properly making it in the game. If cooper can get his thinking straight it could work well for all concerned.

I wouldn't say its last chance saloon, what did he achieve last season in La Liga? I've not seen much. His one season with Eibar was fantastic, so there's clearly a player there.

EDIT: 27 apps and 5 goal return. Doesn't look for good reading, although we need to observe tactics, playing style of team before making proper decision.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 11:38]
Borja Baston on 11:43 - Jun 28 with 2600 viewsLeonWasGod

Borja Baston on 20:49 - Jun 27 by Chief

I was surprised to see him in the recent club videos (I think it's him). We'll need him if/when Oli goes, although I'm sure we'll also be looking to get shot unless he's taken a massive pay cut.
Borja Baston on 14:56 - Jun 28 with 2396 viewsSwanseaisgreat

It's obvious - he's been brought back to serve as chief translator for the pre-season Spain trip.
Borja Baston on 18:55 - Jun 28 with 2120 viewsmajorraglan

Borja Baston on 14:56 - Jun 28 by Swanseaisgreat

It's obvious - he's been brought back to serve as chief translator for the pre-season Spain trip.

Borja Baston on 19:21 - Jun 28 with 2074 viewsswan65split

Borja Baston on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 2056 viewslonglostjack

Borja Baston on 11:07 - Jun 28 by Brynmill_Jack

As long as there wouldn’t be an issue in the dressing room though. Having a player earning much more than his team mates could be a problem.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Borja Baston on 20:24 - Jun 28 with 1970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja Baston on 19:28 - Jun 28 by longlostjack

As long as there wouldn’t be an issue in the dressing room though. Having a player earning much more than his team mates could be a problem.

It's a difficult one all round but surely the other players will understand that the big nosed one spunked all that money on him as a PL player? They all know what contracts are by now surely?
I can understand there may be a bit of discontent but if his goals take us up (naive old fool alert again) then they should all benefit.

Borja Baston on 20:26 - Jun 28 with 1967 viewsdobjack2

Borja Baston on 19:28 - Jun 28 by longlostjack

Indeed - and attitude will be everything. Head down work hard and all may go well, billy big bollox and it will undoubtedly create an issue.
Borja Baston on 23:02 - Jun 28 with 1819 viewsJacket

You feel as if they're going out of their way to show Borja is here. It's almost too blatant. It seems to me they want to make it appear they're playing hard ball this time around and trying to squeeze a few more quid out of a club who potentially wish to sign him (probably on loan).
Borja Bastont on 01:38 - Jun 29 with 1706 viewsdameedna

Thats a good return for Galatasaray.

Watched Antalya at home play GY, GY won 0 3.

Still its a good league.

But Gomis isa a good player linked well with A Ayew whic imo says a lot of his level or pedigree.

Baston is more of a dog and lacks Gomis explosive power and running on skills.

Baston best bet will be the Championship he could do well. He would be up against the odd Gunter rather than Rose.

Ollie is the better player though. He is a lot more valuable 15m or more, Baston would now be a free. Probably on three of Ollies wages.
Borja Baston on 07:26 - Jun 29 with 1594 viewskarnataka

Borja Baston on 23:02 - Jun 28 by Jacket

You feel as if they're going out of their way to show Borja is here. It's almost too blatant. It seems to me they want to make it appear they're playing hard ball this time around and trying to squeeze a few more quid out of a club who potentially wish to sign him (probably on loan).

I don't have a problem with that. Any port in a storm. About time we started playing to the same transfer rules as everyone else.
Borja Baston on 16:41 - Jun 29 with 1198 viewsjackrmee

Borja Baston on 20:35 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

Walesonline previously reported his wages were north of £50k per week. He scored a few goals last year, but I am not sure his performances were such that he is going to attract a stellar bid which would match the wages he earns at Swansea.
Wages in La Liga are much lower than the PL and are probably comparable to wages paid at the bigger clubs in the Championship. Checked on line, the team with the lowest average salary in La Liga was Valladolid coming in at £550k per year, Alaves who Baston played for last season averaged £796k which is £15k a week. If a loan bid comes in for Baston and the other club will only pay £15k per week (or even less) towards his wages (meaning the club have to pay a contribution of £35k) I would be tempted to keep him. If there’s a buyer then that may be a different story, but even then it may be the transfer fee the club received will be cancelled out by having to subsidise his wages.

Sadly, a poor bit of business.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 20:36]

I'm sure Trev will get him out on loan and recoup more than £15k

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Borja Baston on 16:45 - Jun 29 with 1180 viewsjackrmee

Borja Baston on 21:09 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Old and naive you may be...but if so, so am I...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024