Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? 08:18 - May 24 with 6652 viewsbluenile

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claims-former-fc-nure

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:21 - May 24 with 5651 viewsWarwickHunt

We should rally around this fella.
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:26 - May 24 with 5621 viewsnantywatcher

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:21 - May 24 by WarwickHunt

Very good.
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:35 - May 24 with 5582 viewsjackrmee

I like the sound of this guy.
But in an interview he stated that he's waiting for a suitable offer to "grab me" and that "the task must excite me."

I hope Birch has go the gift of the gab, because excitement isn't something I'd associate with the prospect of managing us next year.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:39 - May 24 with 5563 viewsVincent_Vega

If not, should be a trial

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:52 - May 24 with 5517 viewsWarwickHunt

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:35 - May 24 by jackrmee

I like the sound of this guy.
But in an interview he stated that he's waiting for a suitable offer to "grab me" and that "the task must excite me."

I hope Birch has go the gift of the gab, because excitement isn't something I'd associate with the prospect of managing us next year.

A year or two would be good - he won’t stay for eva.
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 10:05 - May 24 with 5396 viewsThrasher6

From brown shoes to brownshirts....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 12:09 - May 24 with 5244 viewsDJack

Oi vey!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 12:31 - May 24 with 5175 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:52 - May 24 by WarwickHunt

We could offer him a razor as a welcoming gift.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 12:58 - May 24 with 5087 viewspencoedjack

Now this one looks interesting
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 13:05 - May 24 with 5040 viewsTailGunner

Looks a good fit potentially - expansive ideals, plenty to prove & unattached.

Fills me with more hope than any other name out there that we are linked too.
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 13:20 - May 24 with 4975 viewsThrasher6

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 13:05 - May 24 by TailGunner

Looks a good fit potentially - expansive ideals, plenty to prove & unattached.

Fills me with more hope than any other name out there that we are linked too.

Got to agree with many on here that he does fit the mould.....take him over the vast majority of selections....seems bonkers in a Klopp sort of way...which is a plus

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 13:36 - May 24 with 4917 viewsmajorraglan

Already held alms with Celtic, that’s an interesting one.

Whatever you think of Celtic, their scouting network have in the past turned up some very good players who've been sold on at a tidy profit, Dembele, Van Dyke, Wanyama being good examples. If the same applies to their perspective managers then he may be a tidy shout.
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 14:24 - May 24 with 4790 viewsSwanseajill

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:52 - May 24 by WarwickHunt

That last word of your post Phil.

Are you getting down with the kids now?😮
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 15:35 - May 24 with 4573 viewsBadlands

A lot of experience with the lower age group on on good season with Nuremberg.
Could we take him on trial basis?
The German Cameron Toshack (?)

I'd prefer to go back to Sweden.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 17:36 - May 24 with 4399 viewslonglostjack

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 15:35 - May 24 by Badlands

A lot of experience with the lower age group on on good season with Nuremberg.
Could we take him on trial basis?
The German Cameron Toshack (?)

I'd prefer to go back to Sweden.

A gamble but who isn't? Are you seriously suggesting that the Swedish set up comes anywhere near the DFB?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 19:29 - May 24 with 4181 viewsBadlands

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 17:36 - May 24 by longlostjack

A gamble but who isn't? Are you seriously suggesting that the Swedish set up comes anywhere near the DFB?

Are you seriously suggesting that the Swedish set up comes anywhere near the DFB?
Where doid you get that from?!!!!!!!

Like many leaders (people) in Swedish business and industry their football managers have to be creative and that leads to being a little different. They have to deal with less established players, far less money and being one of many competing sports (handball, golf, athletics and gymnastics, tennis, ice hockey, basketball, table tennis, winter games and bandy.)
IFK Norrkoping average age 23.7 value £12 million
F C Nurenburg average age 25.6 value £47 million
(I think we are nearer the Norrkoping model than he Nuremberg one.)
Potter learned his trade in Sweden and stood out in the UK because he was different, he found solutions where more established managers would have failed because they 'need' to spend big.
Coaching in Germany, Spain, Italy and England is all very similar and based on being able to do the much the same thing as the other side but a bit better. Occasionally a club dares to be different and they succeed and stand out - we did it, Man City are doing it at a higher standard.
When Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup were our managers they did things differently, in part because of who they are but also because they had to work to a break even budget.

Kollner got Nuremberg promoted but then they ended bottom of the Bundesliga in their first season.
And, I recall Clement being very highly thought of in the German and Spanish leagues.

For me Kollner is a Monk, Gustafsson is a Brendan.

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 06:31 - May 25 with 3875 viewsAguycalledJack

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 19:29 - May 24 by Badlands

Are you seriously suggesting that the Swedish set up comes anywhere near the DFB?

Like many leaders (people) in Swedish business and industry their football managers have to be creative and that leads to being a little different. They have to deal with less established players, far less money and being one of many competing sports (handball, golf, athletics and gymnastics, tennis, ice hockey, basketball, table tennis, winter games and bandy.)
Potter learned his trade in Sweden and stood out in the UK because he was different, he found solutions where more established managers would have failed because they 'need' to spend big.
Coaching in Germany, Spain, Italy and England is all very similar and based on being able to do the much the same thing as the other side but a bit better. Occasionally a club dares to be different and they succeed and stand out - we did it, Man City are doing it at a higher standard.
When Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers and Laudrup were our managers they did things differently, in part because of who they are but also because they had to work to a break even budget.

Kollner got Nuremberg promoted but then they ended bottom of the Bundesliga in their first season.
And, I recall Clement being very highly thought of in the German and Spanish leagues.

What is bandy? Does it involve the legs?
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 07:55 - May 25 with 3800 viewsHeadmaster

Doesn't sound that great.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expert-view-michael-k
Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:40 - May 25 with 3685 viewslonglostjack

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 19:29 - May 24 by Badlands

It’s interesting that for whatever reason there aren’t many Swedish managers plying their trade outside Scandinavia though. You could well be right and Gustafsson would be the better choice. Is he even in the running for the job? Would he want to uproot his family? He’d miss Yxbacken!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 08:41 - May 25 with 3683 viewsNotLoyal

The mythical next mananger story before Cameron gets the job.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 09:36 - May 25 with 3612 viewsjackrmee

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 07:55 - May 25 by Headmaster

Doesn't sound that great.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expert-view-michael-k

What I like:
"working with youngsters is definitely one of his strengths. One of his former youth players told the story that every squad member got a hand-written three-page-letter for Christmas detailing his thoughts about the player‘s development."

"he stressed development over results."

What I don't like:
"Even his successful team that gained promotion was the second worst pressing team in the division.
This year in the Bundesliga, Nuremberg was the worst pressing team in Europe‘s Top 5 leagues since data collection started in 2015/16."

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 11:40 - May 25 with 3476 viewsBadlands

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 09:36 - May 25 by jackrmee

What I like:
"working with youngsters is definitely one of his strengths. One of his former youth players told the story that every squad member got a hand-written three-page-letter for Christmas detailing his thoughts about the player‘s development."

"he stressed development over results."

What I don't like:
"Even his successful team that gained promotion was the second worst pressing team in the division.
This year in the Bundesliga, Nuremberg was the worst pressing team in Europe‘s Top 5 leagues since data collection started in 2015/16."

He had one good season as a senior team manager!
I know everyone has to start somewhere but apart from a very lowly Germn side he's only managed at senior level for a year and a half doing well in a promotion year but then appallingly in the Bundesliga.

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 12:00 - May 25 with 3425 viewsthornabyswan

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 11:40 - May 25 by Badlands

I know everyone has to start somewhere but apart from a very lowly Germn side he's only managed at senior level for a year and a half doing well in a promotion year but then appallingly in the Bundesliga.

Yes just because Wagner and Farke were successful does not mean all Germans will do well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 12:53 - May 25 with 3323 viewsSmellyplumz

I take it birch has given him a ring?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 14:33 - May 25 with 3211 viewsjack247

Michael Kollner, Nuremberg in the running? on 11:40 - May 25 by Badlands

I take it your opposed to Cameron Toshack then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024