Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May 10:10 - May 24 with 3822 viewsdickythorpe

Will need therapy after being PM.

I might not have been a fan but she's human after all.

Rapidly aged over the last few years.

Go get some Dolgellau air luv with your minted hubby.
Theresa May on 20:58 - May 24 with 1399 viewsFlashberryjack

Theresa May on 20:23 - May 24 by sherpajacob

Even if it was a labour policy, she had 6 years as home secretary and 3 as PM to put it right.

Her response "deport first, hear appeals later"

Can you name one positive achievement of her premiership, just one?

May's deport first appeal later was shot down by the COHR, although many would agree with her.

Kevin Kiaire, from Kenya, and Courtney Byndloss, from Jamaica, had been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Both have longstanding family ties in Britain.

Logistical barriers
They received 24 months and three years in jail respectively after being convicted of unrelated drugs offences.

In October 2014, the then-Home Secretary Theresa May made orders for their deportation to their home countries and rejected their claims that deportation would breach their right to a private and family life.

Mrs May then said that the men's appeals could only be brought after they had returned to Kenya and Jamaica.

Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights - the right to family and private life - requires that an appeal system against deportation has to be effective.

The Supreme Court ruled that deporting the men before appeal breaches their human rights as it is likely to significantly weaken their case.

It ruled:

The men and their lawyers would face difficulties in giving and receiving instructions before and during an appeal hearing
A factor in an effective appeal is the ability of the applicant to give live evidence on their family ties in the UK and whether they are a reformed character
Evidence via video link may suffice but the financial and logistical barriers to giving evidence that way from abroad are insurmountable
The court ruled that the home secretary had failed to establish that the 'deport first, appeal later' rule struck a fair balance between the rights of the men and the interests of the community.

As a result, the decision was unlawful.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Theresa May on 21:22 - May 24 with 1362 viewssherpajacob

So I've just voted to elect someone to an undemocratic dictatorship, but I won't get a,vote on the next prime minister of our great nation

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Theresa May on 22:13 - May 24 with 1325 viewsHighjack

Theresa May on 21:22 - May 24 by sherpajacob

So I've just voted to elect someone to an undemocratic dictatorship, but I won't get a,vote on the next prime minister of our great nation

Did you get a vote on any of the five presidents of the United States of Europe?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Theresa May on 22:56 - May 24 with 1292 viewsbuilthjack

After the most incompetent performance by any pm over the last 100 years, can someone explain why they always blame Corbyn ?.
Laughable.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Theresa May on 23:22 - May 24 with 1272 viewsJackUlation

Apparently , she has been seen sitting on the Bog, crouching forward and pulling the toilet seat forward onto her back, pretending to be a tortoise.
Theresa May on 00:01 - May 25 with 1232 viewsPegojack

Feck her.

Feck all Tories. Bollucks to the Tory Brexit.

Actually, I'll make an exception, and it was quite a surprise to me. Saw David Mellor on BBC news this morning and he was witty, charming, erudite, insightful, intelligent and about a million miles removed from the current crop of Tory tvvats. I was gobsmacked.
Theresa May on 08:42 - May 25 with 1157 viewsdickythorpe

Theresa May on 00:01 - May 25 by Pegojack

Feck her.

Actually, I'll make an exception, and it was quite a surprise to me. Saw David Mellor on BBC news this morning and he was witty, charming, erudite, insightful, intelligent and about a million miles removed from the current crop of Tory tvvats. I was gobsmacked.

Mellor is comfortable on a TV studio though isn't he? What a fecking disaster he was when he had his chance to be taken seriously. Chelsea!!
Theresa May on 09:30 - May 25 with 1145 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Theresa May on 00:01 - May 25 by Pegojack

Feck her.

I’ll make an exception for Ken Clarke who continues to talk sense about many things.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May on 09:33 - May 25 with 1136 viewsLord_Bony

Theresa May on 09:30 - May 25 by Joe_bradshaw

I’ll make an exception for Ken Clarke who continues to talk sense about many things.

Even Michael heseltine sounded good what a great bunch of politicians they were compared to this bunch of losers no I didn't like them at the time ...but they've certainly got what it takes to run the country.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Theresa May on 09:43 - May 25 with 1117 viewsCooperman

We never saw her tears over things like Grenfell or people dying because of hospital waiting lists.

A half tidy PM for the very small minority, an absolute shower for the majority.

Now close the door on the way out whilst the country nervously awaits the next idiot to step up to the plate.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Theresa May on 13:09 - May 25 with 1067 viewsPegojack

Theresa May on 08:42 - May 25 by dickythorpe

Mellor is comfortable on a TV studio though isn't he? What a fecking disaster he was when he had his chance to be taken seriously. Chelsea!!

Man Has Sex with Attractive Young Woman Shocker!
Theresa May on 13:36 - May 25 with 1049 viewsdickythorpe

Theresa May on 13:09 - May 25 by Pegojack

Man Has Sex with Attractive Young Woman Shocker!

Scum end of.
Theresa May on 13:39 - May 25 with 1046 viewsPegojack

Theresa May on 13:36 - May 25 by dickythorpe

Scum end of.

A bit harsh, Dicky. What's he ever done to offend you?

Or are you referring to me?
Theresa May on 14:02 - May 25 with 1030 viewsdickythorpe

Theresa May on 13:39 - May 25 by Pegojack

A bit harsh, Dicky. What's he ever done to offend you?

Or are you referring to me?

I wasn't refering to you Pegs !
Just don't like Mellor. His like think they are very important and should be looked up to.
Yet they are far from role models.
Theresa May on 17:38 - May 25 with 981 viewsWarwickHunt

Superb piece by Stephen Bush of the New Statesman -

Theresa May will stand down as leader of the Conservative party on 7 June, triggering a leadership election, the exact length of one which has yet to be decided. She leaves behind one hell of a mess.

She bowed out with the rampant shamelessness that has typified her public statements: talked about compromise “not being a dirty word” in the exact same square foot where she tried to whip up an angry mob against Parliament not two months ago. She talked about making sure Grenfell doesn't happen again, having taken two years to do anything to get the same cladding removed from private tower blocks.

It makes her the second Conservative Prime Minister to resign from office since the Brexit vote of 23 June and it feels like a big bet to think that her replacement will be any more likely to resolve the deadlock than she was.

Yes, she inherited a huge public policy challenge from David Cameron. But an In-Out referendum had been the settled will of much of the Conservative party for decades and the first majority since 1992 was always going to yield a vote on our EU membership.

What wasn't inevitable was that the politician who followed him would inject an industrial quality of vitriol and hatred by trying to use Brexit as a cudgel to reorient British politics and failing spectacularly. It wasn't inevitable to create a weird-half department in Dexeu that has, as predicted by almost every serious Whitehall watcher, created more confusion in government than it has solved. It wasn't inevitable a quarter of the country would regard any form of negotiated Brexit as a betrayal - no deal is better than a bad deal, the most harmful soundbite in British politics, was produced, repeated and endorsed by her.

She inherited a parliamentary majority with three years left to run and a comfortable opinion poll lead. She passes on a deadlocked parliament and no obvious route to an overall Conservative victory. She was bequeathed a country with a large majority for a negotiated Brexit - she passes on a nation where no outcome, be it no Brexit, no deal or a negotiated exit, can reliably command the support of more than third of the country as a desirable end state.

Nonetheless there will be upwards of 15 candidates to inherit the disaster, which says something about human optimism if nothing else.
Theresa May on 17:51 - May 25 with 957 viewsWarwickHunt

Dominic Grieve has been heroic during this Brexit lunacy. His trashing of Boris on Newsnight this week was magnificent while remaining subtle and understated. I bet he was a fûcking lethal QC...

Never thought I’d say this but take a bow Hezza, YJB!
Theresa May on 18:14 - May 25 with 938 viewsPegojack

Theresa May on 17:51 - May 25 by WarwickHunt

Dominic Grieve has been heroic during this Brexit lunacy. His trashing of Boris on Newsnight this week was magnificent while remaining subtle and understated. I bet he was a fûcking lethal QC...

Never thought I’d say this but take a bow Hezza, YJB!

It says a lot about the current state of the Labour Party that we are having to turn to members of Thatcher's cohorts to find our modern day heroes.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 18:14]
Theresa May on 18:52 - May 25 with 895 viewsmonmouth

May was an extraordinary c*nt. Hateful, incompetent and as thick as a slab of spam. Good facking riddance.

And yet...she was clearly the best choice in 2016 amongst those crawling out of the woodwork again now. That’s how bad it has got. And then...Corbyn. F*cking hell.

I loved the comment yesterday about Leadsom. Lucky to be only the second stupidest Andrea in the country because of Jenkyns.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Theresa May on 19:12 - May 25 with 883 viewslonglostjack

Theresa May on 18:14 - May 25 by Pegojack

It says a lot about the current state of the Labour Party that we are having to turn to members of Thatcher's cohorts to find our modern day heroes.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 18:14]

True. Cooper Benn and Starmer have potential mind and at least that Chuka guy has gone now.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Theresa May on 20:00 - May 25 with 851 viewsJack_Meoff

Theresa May on 14:52 - May 24 by sherpajacob

She may be human, but she has zero humanity.

No sympathy,

Windrush should never have happened and Grenfell survivors could have been all rehoused within 48 hours.

Then the brass neck to quote Nicholas Winton after she scrapped the Dubs amendment amongst all her other anti refugee actions.

The biggest worry is what comes next.

Human? Are you sure? No one with a soul dances like this surely?!

It's like watching a stick insect be electrocuted.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Theresa May on 20:56 - May 25 with 818 viewsEbo

Theresa May on 15:23 - May 24 by bluey_the_blue

Windrush was , let's not forget, a Labour policy. Around half the deportations occurred under Labour. Plenty of blame for everyone on that.

The biggest worry would be what comes next should a GE occur. Whoever Tories appoint or an anti-semite.

Your whataboutery never ceases to amaze me. What a vile person.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Theresa May on 22:18 - May 25 with 776 viewswaynekerr55

I'll just leave this here

Now, can the adults take the wheel at the Labour party, please?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Theresa May on 10:29 - May 26 with 656 viewssherpajacob

What is truly staggering and appalling is that if by some chance Ken Clarke stood for leader and made it to the last two against Raab, johnson or Leadsom, the Tory members would overwhelmingly vote for the incompetent liar over Clarke.

Wouldn't you Bluey?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Theresa May on 11:37 - May 26 with 622 viewsexiledclaseboy

Theresa May on 10:29 - May 26 by sherpajacob

What is truly staggering and appalling is that if by some chance Ken Clarke stood for leader and made it to the last two against Raab, johnson or Leadsom, the Tory members would overwhelmingly vote for the incompetent liar over Clarke.

Wouldn't you Bluey?

The candidates (or at least some of them) are now going out of their way to be as hard Brexit as possible now. Johnson, Raab and Mcvey have all said that as leader we’ll be leaving the EU on 31 October, deal or no deal. None of them seem to have twigged that parliament won’t allow no deal. It’ll play well to the octogenarian Tory base though.

Poll: Tory leader

Theresa May on 11:39 - May 26 with 612 viewsunion_jack

Theresa May on 11:37 - May 26 by exiledclaseboy

The candidates (or at least some of them) are now going out of their way to be as hard Brexit as possible now. Johnson, Raab and Mcvey have all said that as leader we’ll be leaving the EU on 31 October, deal or no deal. None of them seem to have twigged that parliament won’t allow no deal. It’ll play well to the octogenarian Tory base though.

Anything they say will be voted down by Parliament it seems but for them to truly believe that they could get No Deal through is the true definition of delusion.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024