Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World 19:02 - May 24 with 1349 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

People dying because of the congestion - mad world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48395241

[Post edited 24 May 2019 19:03]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 19:09 - May 24 with 1343 viewsLeonWasGod

Has been the case for a while on there. If you read Into Thin Air (well worth it) it talks about deaths being caused back at the tirn of the Century by peoole having to queue. Great place though, I worked on several project in the region a few yrs back. It’s my favourite place I’ve ever worked or visited.
Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 19:25 - May 24 with 1297 viewsleighton1318

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Going to the mountains is meant to be about getting away from it all!

Too many of these people can’t climb independently, may be physically strong but rely on the guides to get them there and back. Into Thin Air (pr maybe The Climb - same story, different writer) talked about the practice of short-roping (read: pulling). That’s not climbing ...
Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 21:10 - May 24 with 1240 viewsLeonWasGod

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 19:25 - May 24 by leighton1318

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Going to the mountains is meant to be about getting away from it all!

Too many of these people can’t climb independently, may be physically strong but rely on the guides to get them there and back. Into Thin Air (pr maybe The Climb - same story, different writer) talked about the practice of short-roping (read: pulling). That’s not climbing ...

Yep. Just people with enough money to get dragged up a mountain. Many of whom probably spend their life stuck behind a desk normally. I understand why they want to do it though. I haven’t been over about 6,000m, but the feeling of being on top of the world is incredible.
Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 21:13 - May 24 with 1239 viewssherpajacob

Go for a walk up Cefn Bryn, much better views.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 10:29 - May 25 with 1106 viewsVincent_Vega

It'll end up like that in Pen y Fan according to my Facebook timeline

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 10:47 - May 25 with 1095 viewsjackrmee

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 19:09 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

Has been the case for a while on there. If you read Into Thin Air (well worth it) it talks about deaths being caused back at the tirn of the Century by peoole having to queue. Great place though, I worked on several project in the region a few yrs back. It’s my favourite place I’ve ever worked or visited.

Why your favourite mate?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 11:05 - May 25 with 1077 viewsNotLoyal

Are these migrants or refugees ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 11:18 - May 25 with 1074 viewsMrSwerve

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 10:29 - May 25 by Vincent_Vega

It'll end up like that in Pen y Fan according to my Facebook timeline

It already is.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/penyfan-brecon-beacons-walking-que
[Post edited 25 May 2019 11:19]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 16:55 - May 25 with 961 viewsWingstandwood

Rather them than me, brave individuals, and the ones that do it to help a charity selfless also.

It's a lottery climbing that Mountain because no matter how physically/mentally tough, super fit, capable and experienced a climber is, all that can mean absolutely nothing.

Fate and luck has at times truly decided whether someone lives or dies up there. A sudden change in weather conditions, an avalanche, a slip, a fall can be fatal up there. That is no place to have a twisted ankle! Must be an extremely sobering experience for other climbers that pass 'green-boots' on their climb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Boots

Argus!

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 17:08 - May 25 with 948 viewsdickythorpe

Overcrowding on Everest - Mad World on 11:05 - May 25 by NotLoyal

Are these migrants or refugees ?

Neither, just looking for double glazing.

Double glazing......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024