Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More evidence of what we're up against 22:51 - May 24 with 9123 viewsDr_Winston

And why the idiocy of demanding more and more spending must be resisted. There's no way to be sure of buying our way out of the division. We have to be smarter than others, not more profligate.

And the passage;

"Tony Pulis tried to bring other players to the club in a bid to push for promotion, while adhering to owner Steve Gibson's request to cut costs that had spiralled under the previous manager, Garry Monk"

Should ring awfully close to home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068335/Derby-Villas-huge-gam

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

More evidence of what we're up against on 06:42 - May 25 with 4608 viewsSwans9

What have we spent the last two transfer windows. I know we have sold the odd signing would be good before we are called Swansea City u18.
More evidence of what we're up against on 07:39 - May 25 with 4527 viewsSgorioFruit

We not going to spend anything anyway, because every single penny is going straight into the Americans pockets. It is now common knowledge that our owners are not here to invest in the club or move the club forward, they want to strip us of all our assests.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

More evidence of what we're up against on 07:47 - May 25 with 4504 viewsChief

More evidence of what we're up against on 07:39 - May 25 by SgorioFruit

We not going to spend anything anyway, because every single penny is going straight into the Americans pockets. It is now common knowledge that our owners are not here to invest in the club or move the club forward, they want to strip us of all our assests.

I don't think anyones demanding 'more and more spending', but they struck lucky with the youngsters last season, it could have gone badly wrong. Few more loan signings at least wouldn't have pushed the boat out too much and may have got us in the play offs

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:15 - May 25 with 4442 viewsJackarmy777

That’s not correct. They have already invested over £100 million, by buying the club.
More evidence of what we're up against on 08:24 - May 25 with 4402 viewsmarchamjack

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:15 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

That’s not correct. They have already invested over £100 million, by buying the club.

That’s not correct either.

The money they’ve spent hasn’t been invested in the club, it was used to buy the club off the former owners. That is now well established and documented, the fact some people still think otherwise now is baffling

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:25 - May 25 with 4385 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:15 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

Some people have this idea that anybody who owns a football club is obliged to pump lots of money in to try and achieve immediate success, and any thing else is 'asset stripping'.

The current Americans appear to be trying to run the club within the clubs own means. There's nothing wrong with that. Of course they're here to make money, it's a business. I sincerely hope they make lots of money as it means they've improved the club.

Unfortunately I think we'll settle in League 1, yo-yoing between that and The Championship every few years as ultimately that is where a club our size belongs.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:31 - May 25 with 4379 viewsJackarmy777

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:24 - May 25 by marchamjack

The money they’ve spent hasn’t been invested in the club, it was used to buy the club off the former owners. That is now well established and documented, the fact some people still think otherwise now is baffling

It is correct, £100 million of their money has been invested in buying the club.
I understand lots of Swansea fans, can’t comprehend this.
More evidence of what we're up against on 08:38 - May 25 with 4360 viewsJackarmy777

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:25 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some people have this idea that anybody who owns a football club is obliged to pump lots of money in to try and achieve immediate success, and any thing else is 'asset stripping'.

The current Americans appear to be trying to run the club within the clubs own means. There's nothing wrong with that. Of course they're here to make money, it's a business. I sincerely hope they make lots of money as it means they've improved the club.

Unfortunately I think we'll settle in League 1, yo-yoing between that and The Championship every few years as ultimately that is where a club our size belongs.

They have no alternative, but to run the club within its means, otherwise we’d be breaking the financial rules that now apply.

Let’s be honest, the Americans saw Scfc, as a good investment as we at the time were a PL club.
Things haven’t turned out as we all would have hoped for at this moment, but i believe that being financially cautious, is the right approach and probably in the long run, the best way to get back into the PL.
[Post edited 25 May 2019 8:46]
Login to get fewer ads

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:40 - May 25 with 4348 viewsDr_Winston

Have a look at the expenses in the last accounts, and our projected income this season, and then come back to advise us all on what assets there are to strip.

Thanks.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:44 - May 25 with 4326 viewsJackarmy777

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:40 - May 25 by Dr_Winston

Have a look at the expenses in the last accounts, and our projected income this season, and then come back to advise us all on what assets there are to strip.

Thanks.

Only complete fools, believe the Americans are in the process of asset stripping the club.
More evidence of what we're up against on 08:49 - May 25 with 4302 viewslonglostjack

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:31 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

It is correct, £100 million of their money has been invested in buying the club.

Incorrect. It wasn’t their money.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:53 - May 25 with 4276 viewssainthelens

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:25 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

A club our size belongs in league 1 ??
Did I just read that?
Kin hell, unbelievable. Beating the 'big clubs ' literally 5 minutes ago and we are reduced to comments like that.
One word....tw@t.
More evidence of what we're up against on 08:54 - May 25 with 4267 viewsmarchamjack

I understand that lots of Swansea fans can’t understand that putting money directly into the bank accounts of the former owners and placing debt on the club through raising loans/ selling players to recover monies used to pay the former owners are 2 different things...and that neither are ‘investment’.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:56 - May 25 with 4260 viewsCooperman

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:24 - May 25 by marchamjack

And it wasn’t £100m either.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:59 - May 25 with 4240 viewsjacktheripper

Can you provide any evidence that the Yanks are taking money out of the club?
More evidence of what we're up against on 09:07 - May 25 with 4201 viewsJango

If the club had gone out and spent money we didn’t have on average players, like half on here were demanding, then we wouldn’t currently have a handful of youngsters with valuable experience worth tens of millions. Last season was about rebuilding and we did.
More evidence of what we're up against on 09:11 - May 25 with 4164 viewstheloneranger

At the time of the sale the club was valued at approx £100M. The Americans bought approx 68%, costing around £68M.

Out of that 68% Kaplan & Levien only own approx 30%, Kaplan owning the greater proportion ... with the the remaining 38% spread between another 25/26 "investors"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

More evidence of what we're up against on 09:19 - May 25 with 4140 viewslifelong

We should still be in the Premier League...we threw it away.
More evidence of what we're up against on 09:21 - May 25 with 4129 viewsswancity

Went to a lot of trouble there just to have a swipe at Monk 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

More evidence of what we're up against on 09:25 - May 25 with 4113 viewsCooperman

You first two paragraphs are spot on IMO.

As for your third - how do you define size?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More evidence of what we're up against on 09:26 - May 25 with 4108 viewsJackarmy777

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:54 - May 25 by marchamjack

I understand that lots of Swansea fans can’t understand that putting money directly into the bank accounts of the former owners and placing debt on the club through raising loans/ selling players to recover monies used to pay the former owners are 2 different things...and that neither are ‘investment’.

Of course it’s an investment and the people who have put that money in, are responsible for that money.
More evidence of what we're up against on 10:48 - May 25 with 3921 viewsItchySphincter

More evidence of what we're up against on 06:42 - May 25 by Swans9

What have we spent the last two transfer windows. I know we have sold the odd signing would be good before we are called Swansea City u18.

Lol. WTF?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

More evidence of what we're up against on 11:14 - May 25 with 3831 viewsCaptain_Sham

More evidence of what we're up against on 08:44 - May 25 by Jackarmy777

Only complete fools, believe the Americans are in the process of asset stripping the club.

Unfortunately there are a large number of complete fools posting on this forum.

Its just a ride.

More evidence of what we're up against on 11:26 - May 25 with 3792 viewsJacket

It shows you the money involved, but more importantly in our case that it guarantees nothing in this league, or any league for that matter, look at the money spunked away, or the money Fulham pissed vagainst the wall and ended up being worse than Kardiff.
More evidence of what we're up against on 11:28 - May 25 with 3775 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

More evidence of what we're up against on 09:25 - May 25 by Cooperman

You first two paragraphs are spot on IMO.

As for your third - how do you define size?

Sorry for the late reply, someone banned me without reason for my post you replied to. In this same thread I was verbally abused yet I'm sure she is free to continue posting and provide woeful gambling tips. The moderator in question is a disgrace.

I define size as attendance and income. Once the parachute payment money wears off, we have sold all our valuable players and settled in this league, we'll be right at the bottom in terms of financial resources. Attendances will presumably slip back to what they were before we went up, around 15,000.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024