Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth 10:48 - May 26 with 8048 views34dfgdf54

Interest from Bournemouth according to Nixon.

<<BOURNEMOUTH. Looking into a move for Conor Roberts at SWANSEA. Down to what would pay and whether lad fancies competing for a game.>>
[Post edited 26 May 2019 10:51]
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth (n/t) on 21:56 - May 26 with 2510 views34dfgdf54

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth (n/t) on 21:50 - May 26 by howenjack

Villa have got an old team though, they will definitely be getting rid of a few whatever happens . Derby are in a much stronger position in that respect
[Post edited 26 May 2019 21:52]

Understand where you’re coming from. Lose tomorrow though and I’d still fully expect them to be in the running again next year however.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 22:25 - May 26 with 2451 viewsTNT

I haven't been impressed by Villa, nor Derby, this season. There hasn't been a huge gap between us and them.

It may take us a few seasons to get back on an even keel financially (after Jenkins started sp*nking money), it's about staying in the second tier for a few years if need be.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 23:24 - May 26 with 2369 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck Connor whatever you decide.

You have been great for us and we hope you stay, but not many players turn down the Premier League. We all know that.

We will have you - and Dai Brooks please! - back, when we go up next season and Ballsmouth go down.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🦢

Beware of the Risen People

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 23:51 - May 26 with 2324 viewsmajorraglan

Papers are saying Bournemouth are looking to come in with a £10m bid for him. I can’t see him turning down the offer of Premier League football, wouldn’t have thought the club would want to lose him but £10m goes some way towards balancing the books. It would be nice to have a bidding war over him to push the price up a bit!

If it’s £10m, then if Dan James goes for £15m we are up to £25m, if Oli McBurnie is also sold that could be near £40m. I would hope that would clear any black holes even with the Ayew’s and Baston staying on the books. Get shot of the last 3 and I would hope there would be some money for a rebuilding job.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 23:55 - May 26 with 2318 viewshobo

£10m would be awful. One of the best wing backs outside the PL, and didn't look out of his depth in his few PL appearances either
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:31 - May 27 with 2283 viewsBytholWyn

As with James, Roberts shouldn't be sold (if at all, preferably not of course) until after the Euros double headers. A good showing against the World Cup runners-up will boost Roberts' value appreciably. We need to be savvy. If our players have to leave lets make sure they go for top dollar.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:54 - May 27 with 2267 viewsSwanjaxs

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:31 - May 27 by BytholWyn

As with James, Roberts shouldn't be sold (if at all, preferably not of course) until after the Euros double headers. A good showing against the World Cup runners-up will boost Roberts' value appreciably. We need to be savvy. If our players have to leave lets make sure they go for top dollar.

Top dollar indeed, because not a cent of the transfer fees will be seen this side of the pond

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 22:28 - Jun 10 with 1948 viewsYossarian

I’m afraid there might well be some traction in this one. Heard from a family member that it is kosher. £10 million.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 22:33 - Jun 10 with 1891 viewsmajorraglan

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 22:28 - Jun 10 by Yossarian

I’m afraid there might well be some traction in this one. Heard from a family member that it is kosher. £10 million.

That would, on the basis of Potter going for £3m, James for £18m and Roberts for £10m bring in £31m of income with nothing going the other way yet. Get the Ayew’s and Baston off the books and that should surely more than cover any hole.
One of HJ’s better moves to give him a new contract last November, but that doesn’t wipe out the negatives!
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 22:33]
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:26 - Jun 11 with 1655 viewslonglostjack

Sorry but I don’t get how everyone knows exactly how much our “black hole” is. Have we had it confirmed by the Trust? Is it guesswork? Where do such precise figures come from? Clearly we take a hit when we get relegated but why is everyone taking this figure as gospel when they haven’t seen the accounts?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 09:05 - Jun 11 with 1429 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 22:28 - Jun 10 by Yossarian

Decent club Bournemouth, they look after young players there and make them better, good move for him, bad news for us and we won't get the money for the replacements needed!
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 09:13 - Jun 11 with 1406 viewsjackrmee

I haven't seen anything serious about this in the press for ages. Any links?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 09:17 - Jun 11 with 1392 viewsLeonWasGod

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:26 - Jun 11 by longlostjack

Sorry but I don’t get how everyone knows exactly how much our “black hole” is. Have we had it confirmed by the Trust? Is it guesswork? Where do such precise figures come from? Clearly we take a hit when we get relegated but why is everyone taking this figure as gospel when they haven’t seen the accounts?

We could tell you, but we'd have to shoot you.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 10:14 - Jun 11 with 1293 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 00:26 - Jun 11 by longlostjack

The £30m figure was leaked to the press after January as the amount the owners want to recoup (not an exact accounts loss).
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 13:10 - Jun 11 with 1152 viewsBadlands

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 10:14 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

The £30m figure was leaked to the press after January as the amount the owners want to recoup (not an exact accounts loss).

Isn't the 'Black hole' comment relating to the difference in expected income and outgoings and in a addition to any overspend we had last year?
Whatever, back to Connor.
Mixed feelings really. He has some excellent qualities but since being expected to play a (rather stunted) wing back game his defensive work has suffered.
While I don't necessarily agree our defence was as bad as some suggest, a lot of side chose to attack Roberts' side especially to cross.
The same pattern was seen in the Wales game against Croatia where Conor's attack meant he couldn't get back to cover the Croat counter.
One of the few, I felt, who failed to develop under Potter.
If he were to leave for that price I would have to say, good luck but thanks for the fee.
Keep Naughton but would still need a backup as we have no academy players to step up into that position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:15 - Jun 11 with 1081 viewsVetchfielder

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 10:14 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

I believe this is the report from which the £30M was estimated. Not really a leak , looks like an interview with the BBC .
Pearlman said that summer player sales brought in "maybe half" of the revenue deficit and then later says "When you go from last year's turnover - which is around £120m - to this year's turnover - which is around £60m - that's a pretty big drop. "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46924899

Proud to have been one of the 231

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:46 - Jun 11 with 1026 viewsFlashberryjack

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 10:59 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Hoping it wouldn’t even be entertained unless we are seriously struggling to get rid of the Ayew’s, Baston and the rest.

Unfortunately though, without rose tinted specs on, if given the opportunity the lad will want to move on. We are in a perilous position in my opinion because those left in the u23s aren’t really up to it if the league table is anything to go by, and I just can’t see money being released for reinforcements despite what Birch has or hasn’t said.

Next year, just like last, is all about consolidation.

Selling your better players and not replacing isn't "consolidating" IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 15:31 - Jun 11 with 899 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:46 - Jun 11 by Flashberryjack

Selling your better players and not replacing isn't "consolidating" IMO.

It is when you're consolidating against bankruptcy and a Bolton situation.
Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 16:12 - Jun 11 with 829 viewsLeonWasGod

Connor Roberts - Bournemouth on 14:15 - Jun 11 by Vetchfielder

I believe this is the report from which the £30M was estimated. Not really a leak , looks like an interview with the BBC .
Pearlman said that summer player sales brought in "maybe half" of the revenue deficit and then later says "When you go from last year's turnover - which is around £120m - to this year's turnover - which is around £60m - that's a pretty big drop. "

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46924899

Parlty, although you just have to know where our spending roughly was the season before relegation, and then look at typical income in this league plus parachute payments, to see the level of cuts needed. That bit's not rocket science. What we don't have info on is cash flow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024