Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup 10:58 - May 26 with 35447 viewssainthelens

For the cricket followers on here, who's your fancy?
I've had good wedge on India. England will find a way to fck it up, and as long as the Indians arnt too knackered after the IPL I think they'll be to strong.
Cricket world cup on 20:11 - Jun 30 with 967 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 20:06 - Jun 30 by sainthelens

India got within 30 runs without trying in the last 10/12 overs. That's probably the best England could have played.
Without losing intentionally, India will feel (IMO) they have their measure.
Maybe they didn't wanna give "too much away".

Seems fairly obvious to me that India would prefer to play a much weaker Pakistan team that they’ve already hammered once in the tournament than the top ranked ODI team over the last few years who they’ve lost to in three of the last four ODIs they’ve played. But all about opinions.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 20:12]

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 21:04 - Jun 30 with 913 viewsmonmouth

Cricket world cup on 20:11 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

Seems fairly obvious to me that India would prefer to play a much weaker Pakistan team that they’ve already hammered once in the tournament than the top ranked ODI team over the last few years who they’ve lost to in three of the last four ODIs they’ve played. But all about opinions.

I think they'd much rather play NZ than either. They didn't try to lose today by any means, but I thought they lacked the extra 5% that England had to have in what otherwise were their death throws. When it became unlikely they would win (probably quite early) I thought they just shrugged their shoulders and never really went for it. I'd love to see that semi final replay at Edgbaston when it's sudden death. That would be some match. Not really much interested in India Pakistan or New Zealand, despite the needle in the former.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cricket world cup on 21:11 - Jun 30 with 901 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 20:11 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

What happened in the Champions Trophy final? A much weaker Pakistan side slaughtered India by 180 runs.

Last tn overs today there was zero fight whatsoever in the Indian batting. Sorry, there was no effort in chasing that total down - they'd prefer England going through than Pakistan and that showed.
Cricket world cup on 21:16 - Jun 30 with 894 viewsexiledclaseboy

So when England lose its because they’re overhyped and rubbish and when they win it’s because the other team didn’t try hard enough. Marvellous. And typically British.

Cricket world cup on 21:18 - Jun 30 with 880 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 21:16 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

So when England lose its because they’re overhyped and rubbish and when they win it’s because the other team didn’t try hard enough. Marvellous. And typically British.

Are you seriously claiming India attempted to chase that total the last ten overs on a pitch with small boundaries?
Cricket world cup on 21:19 - Jun 30 with 882 viewsmonmouth

Do you seriously think India were as motivated as England today? really?

Two very equally matched teams, could always go either way, but today one definitely wanted it more.

Cricket world cup on 21:23 - Jun 30 with 868 viewsexiledclaseboy

Probably worth pointing out that India’s semi final place isn’t yet guaranteed.

Cricket world cup on 21:27 - Jun 30 with 852 viewsPhil_S

Cricket world cup on 21:23 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

It's very bizarre. India did seem to be beaten but given that they were second best all day bar a short spell in both bowling and batting they were just beaten by the better team. There is no way that they "tried to lose to hurt Pakistan" nor are they arrogant enough to believe that they can pick the side they want to play in a semi final by conjuring up results.

England won today because they deserved to largely due to a superb assault early on in their innings. They were pegged back by some superb Indian bowling between around overs 25 and 35 but then pushed on nicely to post a decent score.

India did the opposite and never gained the momentum they could have done in the first 10 overs because of some good England bowling and equally good bowling at the end kept them quiet by which point they knew they were beaten.

However if people want to believe that this gives India the knowlege that they have the beating of England then so be it. India are an excellent side but have been heavily reliant on two batsmen this WC so far, be interesting to see what happens if both of them lose their wickets cheaply at any stage
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup on 21:28 - Jun 30 with 852 viewsmonmouth

Civil servant's answer.

Cricket world cup on 21:47 - Jun 30 with 829 viewsLuther27

Agree
Cricket world cup on 22:12 - Jun 30 with 800 viewssainthelens

Wotever odds you want that they won't I'll treble em.
Cricket world cup on 22:15 - Jun 30 with 798 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 22:12 - Jun 30 by sainthelens

Wotever odds you want that they won't I'll treble em.

I’m not suggesting they won’t make it.

Cricket world cup on 07:15 - Jul 1 with 707 viewssainthelens

Small storm gathering pace on social media that the game was fixed in more ways than one. Can't see it myself, but if any grain of truth in it then it'll no doubt come out.
Cricket world cup on 11:06 - Jul 3 with 611 viewsepaul

Decent start in the final must win game hopefully 380/90 would be nice

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Cricket world cup on 11:52 - Jul 3 with 595 viewssainthelens

Cricket world cup on 11:06 - Jul 3 by epaul

Decent start in the final must win game hopefully 380/90 would be nice

NZ seem flat with little interest in this. Relying on net run rate to get into the semi-final. Typical England this, flat track bully of a wicket for them.
Cricket world cup on 11:58 - Jul 3 with 592 viewsjackharris

Bairstow is a beast at the moment.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Cricket world cup on 13:49 - Jul 3 with 567 viewssainthelens

Is the pressure starting to tell on England now?
Cricket world cup on 14:13 - Jul 3 with 547 viewsWarwickHunt

Two sivinty sivin for sivin.😂
Cricket world cup on 14:18 - Jul 3 with 542 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fifth 300 plus score for England. Should be plenty.

Cricket world cup on 14:27 - Jul 3 with 521 viewsWarwickHunt

Cricket world cup on 14:18 - Jul 3 by exiledclaseboy

Fifth 300 plus score for England. Should be plenty.

Still need to bowl well though. Not impossible by any means.
Cricket world cup on 14:38 - Jul 3 with 507 viewsmonmouth

Cricket world cup on 14:27 - Jul 3 by WarwickHunt

Still need to bowl well though. Not impossible by any means.

I think England will win this with 60 or 70 runs to spare.Bring on the Indians. That'll be a hell of a match.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 14:58]

Cricket world cup on 14:42 - Jul 3 with 503 viewsbluey_the_blue

Kiwis to do it.

Morgan won't care, they won the pre-tournament world cup...
Cricket world cup on 15:16 - Jul 3 with 481 viewsexiledclaseboy

If England win I’ll assume it’s because New Zealand weren’t really trying coz run rate or something.

Cricket world cup on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 478 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cricket world cup on 15:16 - Jul 3 by exiledclaseboy

If England win I’ll assume it’s because New Zealand weren’t really trying coz run rate or something.

Yeah, because both India and NZ would much prefer to have England in the semi finals than Bangladesh or Pakistan.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 15:19]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cricket world cup on 15:20 - Jul 3 with 472 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 15:17 - Jul 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Yeah, because both India and NZ would much prefer to have England in the semi finals than Bangladesh or Pakistan.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 15:19]

Stands to reason.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024