Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup 10:58 - May 26 with 35529 viewssainthelens

For the cricket followers on here, who's your fancy?
I've had good wedge on India. England will find a way to fck it up, and as long as the Indians arnt too knackered after the IPL I think they'll be to strong.
Cricket world cup on 19:52 - Jun 2 with 1158 viewsbluey_the_blue

I think you underestimate Bangladesh - excellent batting, as South Africa got runs on the board could easily have crumbled.

If you compare and contrast with England against South Africa, England had excellent start and fell away with the bat. Bangladesh pushed on, got a good total. Advantage Bangladesh on that level after first game, but you'd expect England to improve given the depth of batting.

Bowling, fielding wise both England and Bangladesh were excellent. England were fully in control. Bangladesh dug deep when it looked like South Africa had set up a decent platform. Advante to England, slightly.

Bangladesh have shown they are no mugs, shown dramatic improvement over the years. You've got to say if they can keep up that performance level, they've a chance of the semi-finals - and that would be on merit.
Cricket world cup on 19:57 - Jun 2 with 1151 viewssainthelens

Cricket world cup on 19:40 - Jun 2 by Cooperman

I do confess to having a lazy Sunday and have therefore had eyes on the cricket. A thoroughly professional performance from Bangladesh who managed to keep South Africa at arms length for the entire 100 overs. That’s now two defeats for South Africa and they have India to come; lose that and it spells big trouble for them. As for Bangladesh there is undoubted talent in the squad but perhaps not the mental strength for the big one off game.

Agree.
I had a day in front of the tv shouting em on. Fantastic performance. It won't be the first shock they'll cause in this tournament.
Does make my picks India's game v South Africa a good watch this week.
Cricket world cup on 19:58 - Jun 2 with 1144 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bangladesh doing well isn’t really a shock any more is it? They’re a decent side.

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 20:00 - Jun 2 with 1138 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 19:58 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Bangladesh doing well isn’t really a shock any more is it? They’re a decent side.

A very decent side indeed, when it got to 202-3 for South Africa, you felt South Africa could go onto win. Bangladesh showed a lot of quality bowling and fielding at that point but more impressive for me was the mentality and strength they showed.

Early days, but for me they and England have put in the best two shifts so far.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 20:03]
Cricket world cup on 20:09 - Jun 2 with 1123 viewsCooperman

Cricket world cup on 19:52 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

I think you underestimate Bangladesh - excellent batting, as South Africa got runs on the board could easily have crumbled.

If you compare and contrast with England against South Africa, England had excellent start and fell away with the bat. Bangladesh pushed on, got a good total. Advantage Bangladesh on that level after first game, but you'd expect England to improve given the depth of batting.

Bowling, fielding wise both England and Bangladesh were excellent. England were fully in control. Bangladesh dug deep when it looked like South Africa had set up a decent platform. Advante to England, slightly.

Bangladesh have shown they are no mugs, shown dramatic improvement over the years. You've got to say if they can keep up that performance level, they've a chance of the semi-finals - and that would be on merit.

If that’s aimed at me how am I under estimating them?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:09 - Jun 2 with 1122 viewsCooperman

Cricket world cup on 19:52 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

Your last paragraph is the pertinent point - they almost certainly won’t be able to keep that form up and defeat against Afghanistan is just as likely as a win versus SA.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 20:15]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cricket world cup on 20:16 - Jun 2 with 1106 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 20:09 - Jun 2 by Cooperman

If that’s aimed at me how am I under estimating them?

Probably a mis-reading on my part on your "mental strength" comment. Thought they were immense on that score today, South Africa getting to within 130 with 7 wickets left put a lot of pressure on.
Cricket world cup on 12:31 - Jun 3 with 1027 viewssainthelens

Pakistan on the charge. What a nitemare of a team to predict.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 1009 viewsSwanjaxs

Cricket world cup on 12:31 - Jun 3 by sainthelens

Pakistan on the charge. What a nitemare of a team to predict.

340 and it's game on 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cricket world cup on 12:48 - Jun 3 with 1002 viewssainthelens

Cricket world cup on 12:42 - Jun 3 by Swanjaxs

340 and it's game on 👍

Agreed. Tho England have chased down 400 at Trent Bridge.
Am not convinced with England's bowling.
Cricket world cup on 13:20 - Jun 3 with 983 viewsdickythorpe

Plunkett injured?
Cricket world cup on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 966 viewsSwanjaxs

Cricket world cup on 13:20 - Jun 3 by dickythorpe

Plunkett injured?

Went for Wood instead apparently

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Cricket world cup on 16:06 - Jun 3 with 931 viewssainthelens

England's bubble is bursting .
Cricket world cup on 16:23 - Jun 3 with 922 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 16:06 - Jun 3 by sainthelens

England's bubble is bursting .

Too many non-English...
Cricket world cup on 16:55 - Jun 3 with 904 viewsSwanjaxs

Buttler teeing off 💥
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:55]

Cricket world cup on 17:31 - Jun 3 with 884 viewsbluey_the_blue

Buttler is awesome.

I far prefer Test matches - real cricket - but for bish bash bosh style games, he's the best.
Cricket world cup on 18:16 - Jun 3 with 858 viewsbluey_the_blue

Game over.
Cricket world cup on 19:12 - Jun 3 with 832 viewssainthelens

Anyone care to predict the outcome of Pakistan's next game?
Cricket world cup on 19:22 - Jun 3 with 830 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 19:12 - Jun 3 by sainthelens

Anyone care to predict the outcome of Pakistan's next game?

They’re a brilliant side to watch cos you never know what you’re going to get.

Setback for England but they’ll be fine. Poor fielding cost them today.

Cricket world cup on 19:43 - Jun 3 with 820 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 19:22 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

They’re a brilliant side to watch cos you never know what you’re going to get.

Setback for England but they’ll be fine. Poor fielding cost them today.

The more sceptical amongst us may have other theories😉

I think we are missing run getters at the tail end which we used to have such as Anderson and Broad. You always felt they could get you back in the game at the end.

Roy had a stinker in the field today. He won’t look back fondly at this game for sure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cricket world cup on 19:51 - Jun 3 with 818 viewssainthelens

Cricket world cup on 19:43 - Jun 3 by union_jack

I think we are missing run getters at the tail end which we used to have such as Anderson and Broad. You always felt they could get you back in the game at the end.

Roy had a stinker in the field today. He won’t look back fondly at this game for sure.

Anderson was/is an appalling batsman/tailender .
Cricket world cup on 19:51 - Jun 3 with 817 viewsexiledclaseboy

The stats don’t back up your view about the lower order. Every player now down to 11 is a better batter than Anderson and Broad. But those stats will mean nothing if they don’t get the runs during the tournament obviously. They fell 20 short of 350 today, hardly a disaster.

What’s the “sceptical” theory you alluded to?

Cricket world cup on 19:58 - Jun 3 with 807 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 19:51 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

The stats don’t back up your view about the lower order. Every player now down to 11 is a better batter than Anderson and Broad. But those stats will mean nothing if they don’t get the runs during the tournament obviously. They fell 20 short of 350 today, hardly a disaster.

What’s the “sceptical” theory you alluded to?

Maybe it just seemed that way then. I haven’t studied the stats but I always felt with those two that we were in with a fighting chance when 12 or more per over were needed in the last few overs.

Brain fart! I meant cynical. I’ll put it down to heat exhaustion having been out mowing lawns all afternoon

Cricket world cup on 20:00 - Jun 3 with 805 viewsWarwickHunt

Anderson batting? Arf!

England have their strongest one-day batting line-up ever.
Anderson and Broad at their (bowling) peak would be useful though...
Cricket world cup on 20:02 - Jun 3 with 799 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 20:00 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Anderson batting? Arf!

England have their strongest one-day batting line-up ever.
Anderson and Broad at their (bowling) peak would be useful though...

Yes, so I’ve been told. I must have only seen his stand out performances!

Right about the bowling.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024