Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup 10:58 - May 26 with 35579 viewssainthelens

For the cricket followers on here, who's your fancy?
I've had good wedge on India. England will find a way to fck it up, and as long as the Indians arnt too knackered after the IPL I think they'll be to strong.
Cricket world cup on 20:35 - Jul 14 with 1061 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 20:34 - Jul 14 by Jonathans_coat

I’m sure it will continue as is. Can you imagine the ECB changing it?

The romantic in me would love a Wales cricket team, like Scotland and Ireland, but i doubt the reality of it would live up to the fantasy.

It’s not in any way viable for all sorts of reasons.

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 20:36 - Jul 14 with 1058 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket world cup on 20:32 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Like goal difference, goals scored etc.

Is it the same? Goal difference, goals scored are all team efforts.

Boundaries favours team with power hitters, for the most part. Is it more valid than for example dot balls?

Again, I'd prefer to see, in the event of super over tie, continued super overs with different batsman, bowlers until there's a winner.
Cricket world cup on 20:37 - Jul 14 with 1054 viewsBLAZE

Cricket world cup on 20:24 - Jul 14 by raynor94

Nothing like a bitter Welshman

To be fair, when the two teams couldn't be split even after a tie break, it's a bit ridiculous to claim they deserved to win. Add in the once in a decade fluke in the last over and if I was a Kiwi commentator sitting next to him i'd have tw@tted the big nosed c*nt with one of Newberys finest

Wickets lost should come into play before boundaries hit, too
Cricket world cup on 20:41 - Jul 14 with 1033 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 20:37 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

To be fair, when the two teams couldn't be split even after a tie break, it's a bit ridiculous to claim they deserved to win. Add in the once in a decade fluke in the last over and if I was a Kiwi commentator sitting next to him i'd have tw@tted the big nosed c*nt with one of Newberys finest

Why? Is a victory less valid is a team scores 300-9 and beats a team that falls a run short on 299-0?

Cricket world cup on 20:44 - Jul 14 with 1016 viewsdickythorpe

A memorable final and cricket was the winner. 2 great spirited teams and very humble.

It's Ashes next......

Cricket world cup on 20:44 - Jul 14 with 1015 viewsJonathans_coat

Cricket world cup on 20:35 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

I’m inclined to agree, however much of a shame that is.

I think some sort of deal that allowed a “Wales” team in T20 and ODI cricket, but then became part of the “England” test team would be ideal. But I cannot see this being workable, far too much red tape, particularly regarding funding. One can dream though.
Cricket world cup on 20:48 - Jul 14 with 992 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Cricket world cup on 20:44 - Jul 14 by dickythorpe

A memorable final and cricket was the winner. 2 great spirited teams and very humble.

It's Ashes next......

Yes, a remarkable game played in good spirit.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Cricket world cup on 21:12 - Jul 14 with 951 viewsAngelRangelQS

Cricket world cup on 18:31 - Jul 14 by bluey_the_blue

Well, Chokes does have a good reputation at the end of world cup finals...

Tw*t
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup on 21:45 - Jul 14 with 921 viewsJack123

Cricket world cup on 20:44 - Jul 14 by dickythorpe

It's Ashes next......

Yes, I'm not a great fan of cricket, but the end was totally enthralling, Really enjoyed it.

libera nos a malo

Cricket world cup on 21:55 - Jul 14 with 889 viewsraynor94

Cricket world cup on 20:37 - Jul 14 by BLAZE

In fairness the rules were there before the competition started. And the sportsmanship between the two teams at the end was fantastic to see. But feel sympathy for the gallant Kiwis

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cricket world cup on 21:57 - Jul 14 with 880 viewsNotLoyal

Fair play to channel 4 for showing it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cricket world cup on 22:17 - Jul 14 with 843 viewsLohengrin

Cricket world cup on 20:16 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

It’s coming home it’s coming home it’s coming CRICKET’S COMING HOME.

Norman Tebbit would have been happy today too, Clase. A fair proportion of the crowd at Lord’s appeared to be Indians cheering on England.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cricket world cup on 22:21 - Jul 14 with 837 viewsKilkennyjack

Cricket world cup on 22:17 - Jul 14 by Lohengrin

Norman Tebbit would have been happy today too, Clase. A fair proportion of the crowd at Lord’s appeared to be Indians cheering on England.

An awful lot more supported their real team India, of course.....

Norman wrong yet again.
Horrible little man.

Beware of the Risen People

Cricket world cup on 22:23 - Jul 14 with 833 viewsKilkennyjack

Cricket world cup on 20:35 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

Total old school thinking rubbish.

If Ireland, Scotland, and Afghanistan have national cricket teams then so can Wales.

Beware of the Risen People

Cricket world cup on 22:24 - Jul 14 with 831 viewsexiledclaseboy

45% of the tickets were sold to India fans who bought them on the assumption, as India cricket fans tend to do, that their heroes were nailed on to get there. Oops. Glad they enjoyed themselves though.

Cricket world cup on 22:28 - Jul 14 with 819 viewsLohengrin

Cricket world cup on 22:24 - Jul 14 by exiledclaseboy

45% of the tickets were sold to India fans who bought them on the assumption, as India cricket fans tend to do, that their heroes were nailed on to get there. Oops. Glad they enjoyed themselves though.

Ah! incurable sporting optimism. We are all prey to that, I suppose?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cricket world cup on 22:31 - Jul 14 with 806 viewssherpajacob

Cricket world cup on 21:55 - Jul 14 by raynor94

In fairness the rules were there before the competition started. And the sportsmanship between the two teams at the end was fantastic to see. But feel sympathy for the gallant Kiwis

Worth remembering the match previously considered the greatest ODI of all time was also a tie and decided by Australia having a higher net run rate in the group stages. At least today's result was based solely on what happened today.

Also if my ageing memory serves me correctly, 5 runs were awarded late on, during Kluesners pyrotechnics, for the ball hitting a helmet placed on the ground behind the wicket keeper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_Cricket_World_Cup_2nd_semi-final

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cricket world cup on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 770 viewsPozuelosSideys

Lol didn't realise we had so many bitter, joyless types amongst us. Wales is very much represented under the England and Wales Cricket Board banner. As for a Wales team, we have a minor counties team who suck and Glamorgan who err, are not great. We wouldn't be able to field a team good enough to even qualify usually, let alone get test status.

Awesome game today. Felt sorry for the kiwis. But meh. CHAMPIONS!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cricket world cup on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 770 viewslonglostjack

Cricket world cup on 22:23 - Jul 14 by Kilkennyjack

Total old school thinking rubbish.

If Ireland, Scotland, and Afghanistan have national cricket teams then so can Wales.

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest that Wales doesn’t have it’s own team Kilkenny. What gets my goat is the fact that only cricket enthusiasts know that it’s actually the England and Wales team. Anyway, it was a hell of a good game today. I wish there’d been a few Welsh flags amongst those old MCC farts mind 😉.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cricket world cup on 22:46 - Jul 14 with 766 viewsSwansNZ

Cricket world cup on 10:49 - Jul 14 by SwansNZ

NZ by 1 run

Damn, 1 run out from being right.
England by 0 runs

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Cricket world cup on 22:50 - Jul 14 with 754 viewstheloneranger

I'm surprised that posters when complaining about Welsh players not getting a fair crack at playing for England, that nobody has mentioned the biggest travesty of all.

A Welshman and Glamorgan player ... A man who took more wickets than any other bowler never to play Test cricket for his country.

I'll give you a clue ... He took 2174 wickets for Glamorgan.and had a career total of 2,218 first-class wickets.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 1:15]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cricket world cup on 23:13 - Jul 14 with 717 viewssherpajacob

Cricket world cup on 22:50 - Jul 14 by theloneranger

I'm surprised that posters when complaining about Welsh players not getting a fair crack at playing for England, that nobody has mentioned the biggest travesty of all.

A Welshman and Glamorgan player ... A man who took more wickets than any other bowler never to play Test cricket for his country.

I'll give you a clue ... He took 2174 wickets for Glamorgan.and had a career total of 2,218 first-class wickets.

Very nice shop too.

Cricket world cup on 23:22 - Jul 14 with 700 viewsMuteswan

Cricket world cup on 22:50 - Jul 14 by theloneranger

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Shepherd
Great summariser on the radio too. Edward Bevan, Don and Peter Walker were great to listen to on Radio Wales commentaries.
Cricket world cup on 23:38 - Jul 14 with 679 viewssherpajacob

Yaxley Lennon and his supporters in the EDL and elsewhere must be delighted with England's victory.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1150499665881812994

Cricket world cup on 23:56 - Jul 14 with 656 viewsJack123

Cricket world cup on 23:38 - Jul 14 by sherpajacob

Yaxley Lennon and his supporters in the EDL and elsewhere must be delighted with England's victory.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1150499665881812994

ha ha, just why, would you make a statement like that.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024