Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup 10:58 - May 26 with 35449 viewssainthelens

For the cricket followers on here, who's your fancy?
I've had good wedge on India. England will find a way to fck it up, and as long as the Indians arnt too knackered after the IPL I think they'll be to strong.
Cricket world cup on 02:49 - Jul 15 with 1125 viewsNotLoyal

Cricket world cup on 22:50 - Jul 14 by theloneranger

I'm surprised that posters when complaining about Welsh players not getting a fair crack at playing for England, that nobody has mentioned the biggest travesty of all.

A Welshman and Glamorgan player ... A man who took more wickets than any other bowler never to play Test cricket for his country.

I'll give you a clue ... He took 2174 wickets for Glamorgan.and had a career total of 2,218 first-class wickets.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 1:15]

Darren before his legs fell off 🤷 ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cricket world cup on 03:47 - Jul 15 with 1097 viewsBLAZE

The England (and Wales ) national team needs a mandatory Welsh quota. Two token Welshmen to be selected at all times! Like South Africa and black players

Lloegr am byth!
Cricket world cup on 09:23 - Jul 15 with 981 viewsUxbridge

So, have we done the bit where the umpires got the overthrows score wrong, and it should have been 5 not 6?

Seems England can't win any world cup without a bit of dodgy officiating

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cricket world cup on 09:28 - Jul 15 with 976 viewsSwansNZ

Cricket world cup on 09:23 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

So, have we done the bit where the umpires got the overthrows score wrong, and it should have been 5 not 6?

I was right, NZ by 1 run

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Cricket world cup on 09:51 - Jul 15 with 960 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 09:23 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

2 runs plus 4 on the overthrow

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cricket world cup on 09:52 - Jul 15 with 959 viewsunion_jack

Cricket world cup on 22:45 - Jul 14 by PozuelosSideys

Lol didn't realise we had so many bitter, joyless types amongst us. Wales is very much represented under the England and Wales Cricket Board banner. As for a Wales team, we have a minor counties team who suck and Glamorgan who err, are not great. We wouldn't be able to field a team good enough to even qualify usually, let alone get test status.

Awesome game today. Felt sorry for the kiwis. But meh. CHAMPIONS!

Well bloody said.

Sacks of potatoes by the ton around here.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cricket world cup on 10:09 - Jul 15 with 939 viewsCountyJim

Great win now let's get on with the proper cricket and win the Ashes
Cricket world cup on 10:44 - Jul 15 with 917 viewsBLAZE

Cricket world cup on 09:52 - Jul 15 by union_jack

Well bloody said.

Sacks of potatoes by the ton around here.

Heaven forbid a different opinion eh
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup on 10:46 - Jul 15 with 907 viewsUxbridge

Cricket world cup on 09:51 - Jul 15 by union_jack

Depends if the batters crossed before the throw was made. If they did, you're right. If not, you're not. Rule is pretty clear unless you're really going to try and crowbar a different interpretation in...

Cricket world cup on 10:53 - Jul 15 with 892 viewsSwansNZ

Cricket world cup on 09:51 - Jul 15 by union_jack

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12249789

Cricket world cup on 10:54 - Jul 15 with 889 viewsSwansNZ

Cricket world cup on 10:46 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

Depends if the batters crossed before the throw was made. If they did, you're right. If not, you're not. Rule is pretty clear unless you're really going to try and crowbar a different interpretation in...

They were nowhere near crossing when Guptill threw the ball.

Cricket world cup on 11:20 - Jul 15 with 866 viewsbluey_the_blue

Same old English, always cheating...
Cricket world cup on 11:33 - Jul 15 with 860 viewsWarwickHunt

Cricket world cup on 10:53 - Jul 15 by SwansNZ

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12249789

I’ve played at a decent level since I was a kid and I always thought that would have been a dead ball.

It certainly was always treated as one - even in league cricket. Spirit of the game or ignorance of the rules? That’s the first time I’ve seen one go for four though. Would have been interesting if it hadn’t gone and they ran a couple. Akin to scoring from the throw-in when the opposition have put the ball out after an injury.

Potential punch-up in league cricket. Seriously.
Cricket world cup on 12:21 - Jul 15 with 819 views34dfgdf54

Cricket world cup on 11:33 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

I’ve played at a decent level since I was a kid and I always thought that would have been a dead ball.

It certainly was always treated as one - even in league cricket. Spirit of the game or ignorance of the rules? That’s the first time I’ve seen one go for four though. Would have been interesting if it hadn’t gone and they ran a couple. Akin to scoring from the throw-in when the opposition have put the ball out after an injury.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket-world-cup-2019/story/new-zealand-vs-eng

edit - sorry I didn't realise it had already been posted.

The way they won it was terrible in my opinion, boundaries, on the flip side they lost less wickets. Not the right way for any game to be decided, never mind a world cup final.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 12:24]
Cricket world cup on 12:58 - Jul 15 with 796 viewsCooperman

Cricket world cup on 12:21 - Jul 15 by 34dfgdf54

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket-world-cup-2019/story/new-zealand-vs-eng

edit - sorry I didn't realise it had already been posted.

The way they won it was terrible in my opinion, boundaries, on the flip side they lost less wickets. Not the right way for any game to be decided, never mind a world cup final.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2019 12:24]

Were you supporting NZ?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cricket world cup on 13:46 - Jul 15 with 774 viewstheloneranger

Cricket world cup on 11:33 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

It would have been really interesting if the ball hadn't gone for a boundary. Imagine if it was Australia or Pakistan ?? I'm sure they would have run like fvck 😂😂

The on field umpires should have gone "upstairs" and had a second opinion!! These rules have only been put together for the entertainment of the supporters, not the game.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cricket world cup on 14:00 - Jul 15 with 764 viewsBLAZE

Any plans to celebrate - open top bus parade, New Year's honours etc. - should be immediately knocked on the head. Any resultant sponsorship deals, whether personal or team related, you'd hope would be rejected or at least charity bound. What a sorry mess from the elite competition in World cricket. A shame too, that Simon Taufel retired at such a young age.

A rematch should be offered, but I suspect the Kiwi's are too proud and far too classy to accept it.

I'd be devastated as an England supporter today though. Wait all your life for such a moment, only for it to turn out so hollow and so empty - this outcome is worse than losing. No sporting event could make me prouder than seeing Wales winning the RWC in November, but under such clear cut controversy? No thanks. I'd rather deserve it.
Cricket world cup on 14:06 - Jul 15 with 753 viewsBLAZE

I wasn't aware of this mornings celebrations. Get them in early I suppose, before questions start to be asked
Cricket world cup on 14:10 - Jul 15 with 742 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 14:00 - Jul 15 by BLAZE

Any plans to celebrate - open top bus parade, New Year's honours etc. - should be immediately knocked on the head. Any resultant sponsorship deals, whether personal or team related, you'd hope would be rejected or at least charity bound. What a sorry mess from the elite competition in World cricket. A shame too, that Simon Taufel retired at such a young age.

A rematch should be offered, but I suspect the Kiwi's are too proud and far too classy to accept it.

I'd be devastated as an England supporter today though. Wait all your life for such a moment, only for it to turn out so hollow and so empty - this outcome is worse than losing. No sporting event could make me prouder than seeing Wales winning the RWC in November, but under such clear cut controversy? No thanks. I'd rather deserve it.

Bloody hell.

I think you need a lie down. You seem uptight.

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 14:12 - Jul 15 with 737 viewsBLAZE

More deflection Truth hit home yet?
Cricket world cup on 14:14 - Jul 15 with 727 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cricket world cup on 14:12 - Jul 15 by BLAZE

More deflection Truth hit home yet?

That England won the World Cup? God yes. Brilliant isn’t it? Your reaction has made it even more enjoyable.

Poll: Tory leader

Cricket world cup on 14:16 - Jul 15 with 717 viewsBLAZE

Absolute bollocks Still, must save face.
Cricket world cup on 14:20 - Jul 15 with 695 viewsUxbridge

Cricket world cup on 14:16 - Jul 15 by BLAZE

It's a bit because it's england though, isn't it?

Cricket world cup on 14:25 - Jul 15 with 684 viewsDarran

Cricket world cup on 14:16 - Jul 15 by BLAZE

You keep destroying the twàts Blaze.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cricket world cup on 14:26 - Jul 15 with 679 viewsBLAZE

Cricket world cup on 14:20 - Jul 15 by Uxbridge

It's a bit because it's england though, isn't it?

No, I just absolutely hate to see the integrity of the beautiful game damaged

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024