Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alastair Campbell 14:22 - May 28 with 5260 viewsDarran

Thick twát.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/labour-expels-alastair-campbell

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alastair Campbell on 21:55 - May 31 with 846 viewsJack_Meoff

Alastair Campbell on 20:11 - May 31 by waynekerr55

Lord Falconer made interesting listening on Radio 4. He expects the case to be done and dusted in no more than 14 days.

Funny how they booted Campbell out in double quick time. Priorities, hey?

Campbell should have been in prison for the last 15 years with his BFF Tony, unable to vote at all, let alone be a member of a political party.

Which part of what Willsman said was contentious do you think?

Edit - I'll rephrase the question. Why is having the temerity to question the (alleged) actions of the state of Israel so contentious and controversial?

It's not like their lobby isn't, let's just say, very influential within Westminster.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 22:45]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Alastair Campbell on 12:14 - Jun 1 with 763 viewswaynekerr55

Alastair Campbell on 21:55 - May 31 by Jack_Meoff

Campbell should have been in prison for the last 15 years with his BFF Tony, unable to vote at all, let alone be a member of a political party.

Edit - I'll rephrase the question. Why is having the temerity to question the (alleged) actions of the state of Israel so contentious and controversial?

It's not like their lobby isn't, let's just say, very influential within Westminster.

Oh I don't doubt there's some fùcked up stuff, but to accuse another country of fabricating these accusations s is just David Ickery at its finest.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Alastair Campbell on 12:25 - Jun 1 with 752 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 21:55 - May 31 by Jack_Meoff

Good grief.

If you don't understand why what Willsman said - and not for the first time - is anti-semitic then what's the point even commenting on something you don't want to understand?

Ah yes, "Jews control Westminster" bollocks yet again...
Alastair Campbell on 12:45 - Jun 1 with 739 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 12:14 - Jun 1 by waynekerr55

Oh I don't doubt there's some fùcked up stuff, but to accuse another country of fabricating these accusations s is just David Ickery at its finest.

That's mild.

In a major example of the excellence of Labour's vetting procedures, their candidate for Peterborough by-election claimed CIA and Mossad formed ISIS...
Alastair Campbell on 13:05 - Jun 1 with 727 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 12:14 - Jun 1 by waynekerr55

Have you watched the Al Jazeera documentary "The Lobby"?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 13:11]

Alastair Campbell on 13:12 - Jun 1 with 718 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 13:05 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

Have you watched the Al Jazeera documentary "The Lobby"?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 13:11]

Al Jazeera.

That well known not anti-semitic broadcaster...
Alastair Campbell on 13:14 - Jun 1 with 717 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 13:12 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

Al Jazeera.

That well known not anti-semitic broadcaster...

Are you saying that everything in that undercover documentary is either incorrect or made up?

Alastair Campbell on 13:18 - Jun 1 with 703 viewsWarwickHunt

Alastair Campbell on 13:14 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

Are you saying that everything in that undercover documentary is either incorrect or made up?

It’s all true, inshallah.
Login to get fewer ads

Alastair Campbell on 13:19 - Jun 1 with 703 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 13:14 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

I'm saying Al Jazeera have their own audience and tailor it accordingly, actual facts are irrelevant.

Like the embarassing moment in 2015 when they claimed on their online portal that Israel were opening dams in Southern Israel to flood Gaza whilst ignoring the fact that there aren't actually any dams in Southern Israel. Or when on the Al Jazeera Junior channel, Holocaust denial was broadcast. Or the differences in tone between Arabic and English language broadcasts.

Still, their target audience would never dare question anything broadcast, after all, it's what they want to hear and believe.
Alastair Campbell on 13:35 - Jun 1 with 686 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 13:19 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

I'm saying Al Jazeera have their own audience and tailor it accordingly, actual facts are irrelevant.

Like the embarassing moment in 2015 when they claimed on their online portal that Israel were opening dams in Southern Israel to flood Gaza whilst ignoring the fact that there aren't actually any dams in Southern Israel. Or when on the Al Jazeera Junior channel, Holocaust denial was broadcast. Or the differences in tone between Arabic and English language broadcasts.

Still, their target audience would never dare question anything broadcast, after all, it's what they want to hear and believe.

I'll ask again. Are you saying that in this particular documentary things are factually incorrect or have been made up? Or haven't you watched it?

Alastair Campbell on 13:39 - Jun 1 with 680 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 13:35 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

I'll ask again. Are you saying that in this particular documentary things are factually incorrect or have been made up? Or haven't you watched it?

Remind us who Shai Masot is.

Al Jazeera "investigations" are aimed at anti-semites who swallow all the crap without questioning due to being, well, anti-semitic. The fact grinning Ginger anti-semite Asa Winstanley was involved came as a shock to literally nobody.
Alastair Campbell on 14:35 - Jun 1 with 662 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 13:39 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

Remind us who Shai Masot is.

Al Jazeera "investigations" are aimed at anti-semites who swallow all the crap without questioning due to being, well, anti-semitic. The fact grinning Ginger anti-semite Asa Winstanley was involved came as a shock to literally nobody.

Wow, are you suggesting I'm an anti Semite for simply watching a documentary? What about Peter Oborne, the Daily mail columnist, is he an anti Semite for taking part in the documentary? Ot indeed Israeli journalist Yossi Melman? You keep throwing the accusation of anti semitism around but still haven't answered the question. Which part of the documentary is factually incorrect or has been fabricated?

My original post was in response to the comment of 'David Ickery'. Is it a stretch to believe that a foreign government may try to intervene in our political affairs? Of course not - it happens all the time. If it had been any other government people would accept that it could and probably does happen. Why can't one ask the question of the Israeli Government without fear of being branded an anti-Semite or a fruit cake?

I abhor discrimination in all forms and wish to see it expunged from our society. Equally I abhor people who play the discrimination card in any form because it absolutely devalues the real cases where people are genuinely suffering.

Alastair Campbell on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 634 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 14:35 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

Wow, are you suggesting I'm an anti Semite for simply watching a documentary? What about Peter Oborne, the Daily mail columnist, is he an anti Semite for taking part in the documentary? Ot indeed Israeli journalist Yossi Melman? You keep throwing the accusation of anti semitism around but still haven't answered the question. Which part of the documentary is factually incorrect or has been fabricated?

My original post was in response to the comment of 'David Ickery'. Is it a stretch to believe that a foreign government may try to intervene in our political affairs? Of course not - it happens all the time. If it had been any other government people would accept that it could and probably does happen. Why can't one ask the question of the Israeli Government without fear of being branded an anti-Semite or a fruit cake?

I abhor discrimination in all forms and wish to see it expunged from our society. Equally I abhor people who play the discrimination card in any form because it absolutely devalues the real cases where people are genuinely suffering.

I pointed out who Al Jazeera aim their "investigations" for. I'm sure you question and query everything rather than accepting thigs at face value; after all, I'm sure you know who Asa Winstanley is.

Perhaps you can point out the numerous instances of "investigative journalism" into foreign nations lobbying in Britain, that is nations other than Israel.

David Icke is a fruitcake anti-semite; a Canadian tour had security provided by neo-Nazis.

Israeli government like any other government can be questioned. Indeed, Israel has elections, a foreign concept to Hamas. The problem is where people use anti-semitic tropes and memes whilst goysplaining by telling Jews that it's not really anti-semitism. Like Alistair Stewart of ITV news today downplaying Willsman's latest comments. Funnily enough, I don't see those people lecturing any other BMEof what is and isn't racism.

"Play the discrimination card"? Ah, gotcha. Goys tell Jews what is and isn't anti-semitism. Nope, can't spot the glaringly obvious problem there.
Alastair Campbell on 15:37 - Jun 1 with 623 viewsJack_Meoff

Alastair Campbell on 12:25 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

Good grief.

If you don't understand why what Willsman said - and not for the first time - is anti-semitic then what's the point even commenting on something you don't want to understand?

Ah yes, "Jews control Westminster" bollocks yet again...

No bluey, it's not "Jews control Westminster." It's the Israeli lobby is very influential within Westminster. There's a difference. It's you that conflated the two.

Watch that Al Jazeera documentary.

Or watch this documentary from 2010 that Peter Oborne made for the BBC about the Israeli lobby. Why is it antisemitic to comment on, and be concerned about a foreign entity's influence within our 'democracy?'

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Alastair Campbell on 15:40 - Jun 1 with 622 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 15:07 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

I pointed out who Al Jazeera aim their "investigations" for. I'm sure you question and query everything rather than accepting thigs at face value; after all, I'm sure you know who Asa Winstanley is.

Perhaps you can point out the numerous instances of "investigative journalism" into foreign nations lobbying in Britain, that is nations other than Israel.

David Icke is a fruitcake anti-semite; a Canadian tour had security provided by neo-Nazis.

Israeli government like any other government can be questioned. Indeed, Israel has elections, a foreign concept to Hamas. The problem is where people use anti-semitic tropes and memes whilst goysplaining by telling Jews that it's not really anti-semitism. Like Alistair Stewart of ITV news today downplaying Willsman's latest comments. Funnily enough, I don't see those people lecturing any other BMEof what is and isn't racism.

"Play the discrimination card"? Ah, gotcha. Goys tell Jews what is and isn't anti-semitism. Nope, can't spot the glaringly obvious problem there.

So you're saying the anti semitism in this documentary is based on the fact that it was made at all not that it was factually incorrect. Well you've changed your tune since your first post. I don't need to point out anything. My original point was to another poster who suggested that it was 'David Ickery' to think that the Israeli government might interfere in British politics. Clearly that's not the case.

'Ah, gotcha. Goys tell Jews what is and isn't anti-semitism. Nope, can't spot the glaringly obvious problem there'.

Got me on what? I stated clearly that I was talking about all forms of discrimination not just anti-semitism or are other forms of discrimination not important to you? But if you want a specific example, in the documentary do you think Joan Ryan's accusation of anti semitism against Jean Fitzpatrick was justified?

I'm sure some folk might not approve of the term 'goys'. I'm fine with it.

Do you think that Noam Chomsky or Norm Finklestein are anti-semitic?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 15:42]

Alastair Campbell on 17:21 - Jun 1 with 575 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 15:40 - Jun 1 by oldtownjack

So you're saying the anti semitism in this documentary is based on the fact that it was made at all not that it was factually incorrect. Well you've changed your tune since your first post. I don't need to point out anything. My original point was to another poster who suggested that it was 'David Ickery' to think that the Israeli government might interfere in British politics. Clearly that's not the case.

'Ah, gotcha. Goys tell Jews what is and isn't anti-semitism. Nope, can't spot the glaringly obvious problem there'.

Got me on what? I stated clearly that I was talking about all forms of discrimination not just anti-semitism or are other forms of discrimination not important to you? But if you want a specific example, in the documentary do you think Joan Ryan's accusation of anti semitism against Jean Fitzpatrick was justified?

I'm sure some folk might not approve of the term 'goys'. I'm fine with it.

Do you think that Noam Chomsky or Norm Finklestein are anti-semitic?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 15:42]

I've not changed my tune. Al Jazeera peddle anti-semitism, moreso on their Arabic language channels. Selective editting was used but hey ho. The fact Jackie Walker and Asa Winstanley were involved in any way, shape or form tells you there's not much credibility to any allegations made.

Yes, I think Chomsky and Finklestein if not outright anti-semitic do use anti-semitic memes and tropes and should be called out for doing so

All forms of racism and discrimination are important to me. Anti-semitism is the only one where goys tell Jews their concerns are a) wrong ad b) part of a "conspiracy".

When the Jewish community overwhelmingly says Corbyn is anti-semitic, it's not a conspiracy. It's not a plot to destabilise an unelectable leader. It's because he is. For one thing, if you knew anything bout the Jewish community, getting the majority to agree on anything is akin to a miracle.
Alastair Campbell on 18:37 - Jun 1 with 540 viewswaynekerr55

"My original post was in response to the comment of 'David Ickery'. Is it a stretch to believe that a foreign government may try to intervene in our political affairs?"

My point related to the proof (or lack of).

Alastair Campbell on 18:37 - Jun 1 with 538 viewsoldtownjack

Alastair Campbell on 17:21 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

I've not changed my tune. Al Jazeera peddle anti-semitism, moreso on their Arabic language channels. Selective editting was used but hey ho. The fact Jackie Walker and Asa Winstanley were involved in any way, shape or form tells you there's not much credibility to any allegations made.

Yes, I think Chomsky and Finklestein if not outright anti-semitic do use anti-semitic memes and tropes and should be called out for doing so

All forms of racism and discrimination are important to me. Anti-semitism is the only one where goys tell Jews their concerns are a) wrong ad b) part of a "conspiracy".

When the Jewish community overwhelmingly says Corbyn is anti-semitic, it's not a conspiracy. It's not a plot to destabilise an unelectable leader. It's because he is. For one thing, if you knew anything bout the Jewish community, getting the majority to agree on anything is akin to a miracle.

A couple of points in conclusion because I'm sure we're boring everyone.

The allegations must have had credibility because Mark Regev, the ambassador to the UK formally apologised to Alan Duncan over it.

Also why is Jackie walker denied legitimacy or credibility because she has a different viewpoint to you. Imagine, for a second, I said that about a prominent Jewish pro-Israeli public figure. You'd shouting anti-Semitism from the rooftops.

Lastly, if a person is (wrongly) accused of anti semitism, as Jean Fitzpatrick was, surely they have a right of reply without being further accused of 'being a goy telling Jews their concerns are wrong'?

I suspect we'll have to agree to disagree on this one but I've enjoyed the discussion. Have a good evening.

Alastair Campbell on 18:44 - Jun 1 with 535 viewswaynekerr55

Alastair Campbell on 17:21 - Jun 1 by bluey_the_blue

On a light hearted note Bluey, are you classed as a Goy or as a 'der schutz'?

Alastair Campbell on 18:49 - Jun 1 with 532 viewsexiledclaseboy

Surely “goy” is an offensive pejorative?

Poll: Tory leader

Alastair Campbell on 18:55 - Jun 1 with 526 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 18:44 - Jun 1 by waynekerr55

On a light hearted note Bluey, are you classed as a Goy or as a 'der schutz'?

I'm my wife's Toy Goy apparently, although there are worse names.
Alastair Campbell on 18:56 - Jun 1 with 521 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 18:49 - Jun 1 by exiledclaseboy

Not really, no. It's as offensive as "Gentile"...
Alastair Campbell on 18:57 - Jun 1 with 520 viewswaynekerr55

Alastair Campbell on 18:49 - Jun 1 by exiledclaseboy

I think you should ask David Icke for his take on the term

Alastair Campbell on 19:04 - Jun 1 with 515 viewsexiledclaseboy

Alastair Campbell on 18:57 - Jun 1 by waynekerr55

I think you should ask David Icke for his take on the term

I don’t care what Icke thinks but this is clearly meant in an insulting way. Double standards.

Poll: Tory leader

Alastair Campbell on 19:10 - Jun 1 with 511 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alastair Campbell on 19:04 - Jun 1 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t care what Icke thinks but this is clearly meant in an insulting way. Double standards.

Bollocks.

In the same way "mansplaining" refers to men patronising women, "goysplaining" is the term used for goys ( non-Jews ) lecturing Jews on what anti-semitism is and isn't. You can like the term, you can hate it, it doesn't really matter. Those goysplaining conveniently don't do similar with any other BAME for some strange reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024