Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City Centre Development 22:23 - May 28 with 2981 viewsCARDAN

My understanding was that the Civic Centre would be demolished and eventually there would be hotels, restaurants , apartments etc that would in our councils words reconnect the city to the sea. My wife works in the NHS , her office is on Orchard Street, they are relocating to the Civic Centre for the next 5 years. Nothing like progress . It’s all gone a little quiet on the city Centre plans.
City Centre Development on 01:06 - May 29 with 2878 viewsLeonWasGod

Needs money doesn’t it. The plans were just an advertisement to attract developers/investors. Not exactly the time for it now (and they’ll not be able to get EU Development funds from now on).
City Centre Development on 01:57 - May 29 with 2868 viewsDyfnant

Not allowed to build another hotel that close to the Marriott

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

City Centre Development on 05:36 - May 29 with 2802 viewssquarebear

Either my driving is getting worse or that new stretch of road along Kingsway is too narrow for two lanes of traffic.

Hopefully things will improve once the lanes are marked and all the construction paraphernalia has been removed.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 5:39]
City Centre Development on 07:36 - May 29 with 2730 viewsdickythorpe

City Centre Development on 01:57 - May 29 by Dyfnant

That could do with a Messerschmitt
City Centre Development on 07:44 - May 29 with 2721 viewswaynekerr55

City Centre Development on 01:57 - May 29 by Dyfnant

Btw talk about stupidity - who on earth builds a hotel which doesn't take advantage of the sea views

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

City Centre Development on 08:10 - May 29 with 2692 viewsVincent_Vega

I've heard the council are going to build a huge storage vault to store all the duff plans that never came to fruition. They'll even have models and a VR scale with Jim Bowen playing on loop 'Lets have a look at what you could of won'

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

City Centre Development on 08:21 - May 29 with 2674 viewsjacktar

Not to worry though, we'll have the floating town in the bay.
Maybe we could put all the planners and councillors on it and pull the effing plug.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

City Centre Development on 10:03 - May 29 with 2584 viewsLeonWasGod

City Centre Development on 05:36 - May 29 by squarebear

Either my driving is getting worse or that new stretch of road along Kingsway is too narrow for two lanes of traffic.

Hopefully things will improve once the lanes are marked and all the construction paraphernalia has been removed.

It looks like it's being built stupidly narrow, especially as the busses will go down there. They've made no allowance for cyclists either. But at least they've made humongously wide pavements to accommodate the hoards of people attracted to the world class shopping along the Kingsway.

Swansea Council Highways prove the Infinite Monkey Theorem, but for traffic management. Someone there must be related to a traffic light manufacturer too.
Login to get fewer ads

City Centre Development on 11:13 - May 29 with 2531 viewsunion_jack

City Centre Development on 10:03 - May 29 by LeonWasGod

It looks like it's being built stupidly narrow, especially as the busses will go down there. They've made no allowance for cyclists either. But at least they've made humongously wide pavements to accommodate the hoards of people attracted to the world class shopping along the Kingsway.

Swansea Council Highways prove the Infinite Monkey Theorem, but for traffic management. Someone there must be related to a traffic light manufacturer too.

If you build a new house now I think I’m right in saying that you have to include bike storage on the plans. However, no provision is made for them on the road where the priority should be. Farcical!

Absolutely agree with the traffic lights here. We are apparently trying to cut emissions from cars but you can’t do that when you are start / stop every 30 seconds.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

City Centre Development on 11:55 - May 29 with 2501 viewsJackarmy777

Let’s be honest, there are many people in Swansea who don’t want to see development & progress.
City Centre Development on 11:55 - May 29 with 2499 viewsSwanDownUnder

Phase one of the final plans:

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/43560/Swansea-Central-Phase-One-Detailed-fina
City Centre Development on 12:21 - May 29 with 2465 viewsBLAZE

To be fair, if she works in Central Clinic then that place is a dump and I reckon she's better off going to the Civic Center

Makes me laugh, you're sent to Central Clinic for mental health treatment, but the building itself is enough to tip you over the edge Horrible place
City Centre Development on 12:27 - May 29 with 2451 viewsBLAZE

City Centre Development on 05:36 - May 29 by squarebear

Well apparently the current two (narrow) lanes going one way are gonna switch to two lanes going either way. There's surely too much traffic for just one lane in each direction. Meanwhile the pavement is wide enough to hold a football match on
City Centre Development on 12:34 - May 29 with 2434 viewsYossarian

City Centre Development on 10:03 - May 29 by LeonWasGod

Whoever has been responsible for Highways, Town Planning, Urban Regeneration, Business Investment etc etc should have been led out of County Hall and ceremoniously fired years ago. They are a byword for comic levels of incompetence.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

City Centre Development on 12:34 - May 29 with 2432 viewsBLAZE

City Centre Development on 12:27 - May 29 by BLAZE

Well apparently the current two (narrow) lanes going one way are gonna switch to two lanes going either way. There's surely too much traffic for just one lane in each direction. Meanwhile the pavement is wide enough to hold a football match on

As per here; https://www.swansea.gov.uk/thekingsway

Also, Orchard Street currently has 2 lanes heading West. Despite that it still backs up halfway to Dyfatty flats at rush hour. Yet those two lanes are reducing to one in each direction

Maybe it'll all make sense when it's done but it seams like a disaster in the making on the face of it
City Centre Development on 12:36 - May 29 with 2425 viewsBLAZE

I will add though, despite all the negatives, having a lot more greenery will be a welcome addition
City Centre Development on 13:57 - May 29 with 2327 viewsEbo

City Centre Development on 08:10 - May 29 by Vincent_Vega

I've heard the council are going to build a huge storage vault to store all the duff plans that never came to fruition. They'll even have models and a VR scale with Jim Bowen playing on loop 'Lets have a look at what you could of won'

"could have" repeat after me "could have" not "could of" FFS

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

City Centre Development on 14:07 - May 29 with 2312 viewsVincent_Vega

City Centre Development on 13:57 - May 29 by Ebo

"could have" repeat after me "could have" not "could of" FFS

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

City Centre Development on 15:55 - May 29 with 2216 viewsKGriz16

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/floating-island-swansea-dragon-dub
City Centre Development on 17:37 - May 29 with 2152 viewsDr_Winston

City Centre Development on 12:27 - May 29 by BLAZE

All part of the plan to "encourage" use of public transport (ie make it next to impossible to take a car into town). In the meantime, out of town retail bustles along reasonably nicely whilst the city centre dies on its arse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

City Centre Development on 08:04 - May 31 with 1899 viewstheloneranger

The council assumed they could get a buyer for the civic centre very easily, but now current estimates indicate that it could cost more to demolish than it could be sold for.

This could mean that the council may have to pay people to take it off their hands.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024