Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. 00:14 - May 29 with 2240 viewsBrynCartwright

...anyone been there, especially for Sunday Carvery...? I was thinking of nipping up there to pick up some venison.

I have never, ever seen such disastrous Trip Advisor reviews. Nearly every one is 1 star out of 5. They make for really entertaining reading. Apparently run like a Fawlty Towers/ 70's school canteen, with many, many,many people really upset by the attitude of the owner, Roland Watkins.

How they stay in business is anyone's guess.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 07:33 - May 29 with 2157 viewsdickythorpe

Go just to experience it.
Should be so much better.
Everything is overpriced and one or two staff are so grumpy.
There's been out of date stock still on shelves months after its best before date expired.
The butchery is very expensive. The canteen is a stumbling block. Roast potatoes are kept watch over and if you have a child under 3 and ask for a side plate, woe betide you!
Lovely seated area outside with views of the busiest dual carriageway in West Wales. Enjoy.
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 07:46 - May 29 with 2152 viewswaynekerr55

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 07:33 - May 29 by dickythorpe

Go just to experience it.
Should be so much better.
Everything is overpriced and one or two staff are so grumpy.
There's been out of date stock still on shelves months after its best before date expired.
The butchery is very expensive. The canteen is a stumbling block. Roast potatoes are kept watch over and if you have a child under 3 and ask for a side plate, woe betide you!
Lovely seated area outside with views of the busiest dual carriageway in West Wales. Enjoy.

My brother in law said the burgers they bought were disgusting.

On another note I recommend the Aldi Angus burgers 😍

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:13 - May 29 with 2126 viewsdickythorpe

VEry nice with BadOit
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:19 - May 29 with 2119 viewslifelong

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 07:46 - May 29 by waynekerr55

My brother in law said the burgers they bought were disgusting.

On another note I recommend the Aldi Angus burgers 😍

Bought Christmas meat there a couple of times, very expensive and nothing special.

Agree about the Aldi burgers...very good.
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:28 - May 29 with 2109 viewsProfessor

Just had a look-some shocking reviews. Even poor chains usually get a score of 3 or more!
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:29 - May 29 with 2108 viewsCooperman

I once had a fry up there and from what I recall it was great tasting and good VFM; chunky bacon chops if my memory is correct and proper fried bread to go with it.

I also purchased a very tasty but vastly overpriced lamb and mint rissole.

It's also a little out of our way for us Turks.

That's as far as I'd be prepared to go on a TripAdvisor entry.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:59 - May 29 with 2070 viewsVincent_Vega

Shocking place, shocking food, best avoid

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 10:05 - May 29 with 2011 viewsLord_Bony

It's crap

Just stay away from the place.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 10:56 - May 29 with 1966 viewsjackharris

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:29 - May 29 by Cooperman

I once had a fry up there and from what I recall it was great tasting and good VFM; chunky bacon chops if my memory is correct and proper fried bread to go with it.

I also purchased a very tasty but vastly overpriced lamb and mint rissole.

It's also a little out of our way for us Turks.

That's as far as I'd be prepared to go on a TripAdvisor entry.

Their bacon chops were really thick and tasted lush. My parents used to go there quite often but they had a run-in with the staff about one of their grandchildren. They don’t go back.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 11:14 - May 29 with 1959 viewsThrasher6

Just read some of the Tripadvisor reviews on the gaff...and the owner seems a right Basil Fawlty...couldn't actually believe how many there were. What a tw@t of a man.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 11:25 - May 29 with 1948 viewswaynekerr55

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 08:13 - May 29 by dickythorpe

VEry nice with BadOit

Sacre bLeUUUUUUU

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 20:47 - Jun 6 with 1661 viewscackinthesackjack

I went there just to experience it as I was passing. I called ahead and spoke to the owner, who was rude on the phone.

However, inside all of the staff I spoke with were Uber friendly. They may have been trying to compensate for the owners attitude but I thought they were fine.

I bought some veg and meat and while it wasn't cheap, It was on a par with other farm shops i;ve visited.

You do wonder how much better the business would be if Mr Watkin kept away from customers, or possibly sold up!

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 22:57 - Jun 6 with 1520 viewsBanosswan

I often visit trip advisor so see how many roast potatoes ate allowed etc.. comedy gold

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 00:47 - Jun 7 with 1469 viewsLeonWasGod

Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 20:47 - Jun 6 by cackinthesackjack

I went there just to experience it as I was passing. I called ahead and spoke to the owner, who was rude on the phone.

However, inside all of the staff I spoke with were Uber friendly. They may have been trying to compensate for the owners attitude but I thought they were fine.

I bought some veg and meat and while it wasn't cheap, It was on a par with other farm shops i;ve visited.

You do wonder how much better the business would be if Mr Watkin kept away from customers, or possibly sold up!

Farms shops don't have to be expensive. Get yourself down to Murton - it's much better value than the supermarkets

edit: Fridays and Saturdays only. Stuff runs low by lunchtime Sat!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 0:48]
Cwmcerrig Farm Shop, Cross Hands.. on 20:07 - Jun 7 with 1244 viewscackinthesackjack

thanks - ill check it out

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024