Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parachute payments 11:15 - May 30 with 7291 viewsLord_Bony

Will still get 35 million this coming season from our time in the premier league

Gives us an advantage , could be useful.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parachute payments on 13:57 - May 30 with 1685 viewsmagicdaps10

Pointless me going on here as I am obviously totally unaware and lacking any business brain to know what the hell is going on at our club.
I will just get back to my 9-5 job, my two up/two down house and drive my clapped out old family car.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Parachute payments on 13:58 - May 30 with 1681 viewsCooperman

Parachute payments on 13:43 - May 30 by magicdaps10

Banging my head.

Read back and said out loudly......was I meant to get something there.

I will state again, wages off the book and obviously lose the Ayews and Baston and we are in a very good financial position.

Things have to be covered in that but 12months down the line is 12 months off knocked off their contract.

What you are stating ‘again’ isn’t what you stated at first, not in written words at least.

As for shifting the Ayew’s et al, it’s not simply a case of moving the pieces around a chess board. To achieve this we have to find club run equally as bad as Swansea City 2017 vintage.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Parachute payments on 14:01 - May 30 with 1670 viewsmagicdaps10

Parachute payments on 11:23 - May 30 by magicdaps10

5m less than last year.

Taking into account the wages off the books, money in for James and Potter.

We are in a very good financial position.

Obviously we need to clear the Ayews and Baston but the desperation in getting a good fee is not such a big deal......wages are the bigger priority.

Parachute payments on 14:01 - May 30 with 1669 viewsmajorraglan

I am pretty sure I read on here last summer that the first instalment of the 2019/2020 seasons parachute payment was cashed in in the form of an advance last August/September which means a chunk of next seasons payment has already been spent.
Parachute payments on 14:09 - May 30 with 1636 viewsLord_Bony

Parachute payments on 14:01 - May 30 by majorraglan

I am pretty sure I read on here last summer that the first instalment of the 2019/2020 seasons parachute payment was cashed in in the form of an advance last August/September which means a chunk of next seasons payment has already been spent.

No that can't be done.

The aim of these payments is to ensure the club can cope with the reduced income from not being part of the Premier League — especially given that many of the players remaining at the club will still be under contract on so-called Premier League wages

Just goes to show the huge amount of money that is generated from television broadcasting but it will definitely give us an advantage over most of the other clubs in this league

Cardiff also to get 35 m

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parachute payments on 14:30 - May 30 with 1601 viewsNeath_Jack

Parachute payments on 14:09 - May 30 by Lord_Bony

No that can't be done.

The aim of these payments is to ensure the club can cope with the reduced income from not being part of the Premier League — especially given that many of the players remaining at the club will still be under contract on so-called Premier League wages

Just goes to show the huge amount of money that is generated from television broadcasting but it will definitely give us an advantage over most of the other clubs in this league

Cardiff also to get 35 m

Yes it can be done, and we do it.

We borrow from the bank / Americans, against the guaranteed payment from the Premier League.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Parachute payments on 14:31 - May 30 with 1600 viewsjasper_T

No that can't be done.

Cardiff also to get 35 m

It can be done and we did it regularly in the PL as well. The documents showing it are on Companies House.

We sold the first instalment payment for the 19/20 season to Barclays on the 24th August 2018.
Parachute payments on 14:39 - May 30 with 1583 viewsCooperman

No that can't be done.

Cardiff also to get 35 m

I don’t believe the advantage is that great. It’s an advantage that can be realised in several ways - it allows clubs to hang on to players capable of playing at a level above the Championship. However it takes two to tango and if the player doesn’t have the heart for second division football then it’s not going to work out for the good.

Assuming big earners are shifted post relegation it also potentially allows for higher transfer budgets. The flip side of that is that purchase prices, signing on fees and wage demands all go up - it becomes a sellers market. A ‘new’ team is also difficult to gel in many cases and instant success is a rarity.

So for every good there is a bad. You’ve only got to look at the stats for clubs bouncing back at the first attempt in order to see that parachute payments are not a defining factor in who gets promoted. Now a well run club on the other hand...
[Post edited 30 May 2019 14:41]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Parachute payments on 15:54 - May 30 with 1501 viewsNotLoyal

Parachute payments on 11:36 - May 30 by theloneranger

Whatever we receive for them, if anything, will be taken up in us paying off their contracts.

Not if their contracts contain a clause regards leaving and signing on fees, without going in to it most clubs dont sell on players *and* pay up contracts. Or at least we shouldn't do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Parachute payments on 16:01 - May 30 with 1494 viewsSgorioFruit

Parachute payments on 13:40 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

Forgive me for putting this statement below in capital letters, but it’s just to help some fans on here

THE AMERICAN OWNERS ARE HERE TO TAKE AS MUCH MONEY OUT OF THIS CLUB AS POSSIBLE.
ANY MONEY EARNED WILL NOT BE PUT BACK INTO OUR CLUB

BUMP

close thread

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Parachute payments on 16:06 - May 30 with 1489 viewsBadlands

Parachute payments on 13:40 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

Forgive me for putting this statement below in capital letters, but it’s just to help some fans on here

THE AMERICAN OWNERS ARE HERE TO TAKE AS MUCH MONEY OUT OF THIS CLUB AS POSSIBLE.
ANY MONEY EARNED WILL NOT BE PUT BACK INTO OUR CLUB

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Parachute payments on 16:40 - May 30 with 1454 viewsbermudajack

Parachute payments on 16:06 - May 30 by Badlands

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

I don’t think we’ll have any trouble offloading some of the players, (Borja & Jordan Ayew) however, A Ayew will be the most difficult, so getting him back fit and in the shop window is vital to at least secure a loan deal or cut price sale elsewhere...
The likes of Carrol, Montero will need to be assessed by new manage

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Parachute payments on 16:57 - May 30 with 1437 viewsLeonWasGod

Parachute payments on 11:27 - May 30 by magicdaps10

That money works out about 650,000 a week, divide that by say a squad of 30 and that works out at about 20k a week on the average....I repeat AVERAGE wage.

Get the Ayews and Baston gone and I see no issues to worry, we can surely push on in a positive direction.

Players will want to leave but there is no excuse to back the manager with the money from those sales.

You'd think so. We 'only' had an average wage of just over £30k in the PL, so with the vast majority of those players gone there certainly shouldn't be a problem in terms of wages. Something's gone seriously wrong if we can't compete even with parachute payments. I can understand last season, but that must be getting close to being fixed by now (bar the Ayews & Baston). Depends how we've managed installments for players, recorded amortisation on the books, etc, I suppose.
Parachute payments on 17:04 - May 30 with 1424 viewsLeonWasGod

Parachute payments on 16:01 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

BUMP

close thread

The trouble vast majority of clubs in this division fail to break even, let alone generate any profits. So I'm not sure where they'd get their money from. How could they even record it - via director's payments, or are you suggesting they're acting illegally?

Obviously they want their money back, but I can't see how that'll happen unless we get promoted again.
Parachute payments on 17:12 - May 30 with 1414 viewsBillyChong

Parachute payments on 14:39 - May 30 by Cooperman

I don’t believe the advantage is that great. It’s an advantage that can be realised in several ways - it allows clubs to hang on to players capable of playing at a level above the Championship. However it takes two to tango and if the player doesn’t have the heart for second division football then it’s not going to work out for the good.

Assuming big earners are shifted post relegation it also potentially allows for higher transfer budgets. The flip side of that is that purchase prices, signing on fees and wage demands all go up - it becomes a sellers market. A ‘new’ team is also difficult to gel in many cases and instant success is a rarity.

So for every good there is a bad. You’ve only got to look at the stats for clubs bouncing back at the first attempt in order to see that parachute payments are not a defining factor in who gets promoted. Now a well run club on the other hand...
[Post edited 30 May 2019 14:41]

The last team that bounced back up to the prem at first time of asking were Newcastle. Are they a well run club? They certainly invest enough money in the team.
Parachute payments on 19:11 - May 30 with 1299 viewsSgorioFruit

Parachute payments on 17:04 - May 30 by LeonWasGod

The trouble vast majority of clubs in this division fail to break even, let alone generate any profits. So I'm not sure where they'd get their money from. How could they even record it - via director's payments, or are you suggesting they're acting illegally?

Obviously they want their money back, but I can't see how that'll happen unless we get promoted again.

I agree.
Are they going to sell the club at a loss to themselves or hope we gain promotion with our kids playing?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Parachute payments on 21:34 - May 30 with 1234 viewsjacktheripper

Parachute payments on 11:27 - May 30 by magicdaps10

That money works out about 650,000 a week, divide that by say a squad of 30 and that works out at about 20k a week on the average....I repeat AVERAGE wage.

Get the Ayews and Baston gone and I see no issues to worry, we can surely push on in a positive direction.

Players will want to leave but there is no excuse to back the manager with the money from those sales.

The scenario is a bit simplistic.What about the running costs of the club not including wages? This was £500k a week in the prem although this should be substantially less with the cost cutting. And not forgetting the rent we now must pay for the stadium and it's upkeep
Parachute payments on 01:08 - May 31 with 1138 viewslonglostjack

Parachute payments on 21:34 - May 30 by jacktheripper

The scenario is a bit simplistic.What about the running costs of the club not including wages? This was £500k a week in the prem although this should be substantially less with the cost cutting. And not forgetting the rent we now must pay for the stadium and it's upkeep

What’s happening with the naming rights ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Parachute payments on 07:45 - May 31 with 1053 viewsswan65split

Parachute payments on 14:30 - May 30 by Neath_Jack

Yes it can be done, and we do it.

We borrow from the bank / Americans, against the guaranteed payment from the Premier League.

So is that where the (I think I read it here somewhere) the £800k interest we paid out went then?
Parachute payments on 07:49 - May 31 with 1045 viewsswan65split

Parachute payments on 16:06 - May 30 by Badlands

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

Can someone get full and uncensored access to the full accounts?
Parachute payments on 08:01 - May 31 with 1029 viewsWarwickHunt

Parachute payments on 01:08 - May 31 by longlostjack

What’s happening with the naming rights ?

We’re getting £200 and a can of diesel from Low Cost Vans.
Parachute payments on 08:15 - May 31 with 1010 viewsmagicdaps10

Parachute payments on 08:01 - May 31 by WarwickHunt

We’re getting £200 and a can of diesel from Low Cost Vans.

Low cost are pulling out this coming season so I have been told......something to do with how the club is being run, so I am told.

Parachute payments on 08:45 - May 31 with 972 viewsThrasher6

Parachute payments on 08:15 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Low cost are pulling out this coming season so I have been told......something to do with how the club is being run, so I am told.

Just goes to show how toxic our owners are. Sponsors don't want to touch us with a barge pole due to the negative connotations of any alliance with them....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Parachute payments on 09:19 - May 31 with 926 viewshobo

Parachute payments on 12:50 - May 30 by raynor94

Baston, Quality! Your having a laugh

What I'm saying is, he is worth more than the £1.5m we'll be paying in wages!

If I recall correctly, I was the only one saying he would be a terrible signing at £15m, so no he's not quality. But I know I'd rather have him rotating with McBurnie than CBR
Parachute payments on 09:29 - May 31 with 918 viewsmajorraglan

Parachute payments on 07:49 - May 31 by swan65split

Can someone get full and uncensored access to the full accounts?

Not that I am aware of. The Trust Director gets access to some of the accounts, possibly the management accounts, but to get further information i believe it’s the Trust had to sign a non disclosure agreement which they weren’t happy to do. Maybe someone from the Trust can confirm this for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024