Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parachute payments 11:15 - May 30 with 7284 viewsLord_Bony

Will still get 35 million this coming season from our time in the premier league

Gives us an advantage , could be useful.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parachute payments on 11:56 - May 31 with 1215 viewsJacket

Parachute payments on 16:40 - May 30 by bermudajack

I don’t think we’ll have any trouble offloading some of the players, (Borja & Jordan Ayew) however, A Ayew will be the most difficult, so getting him back fit and in the shop window is vital to at least secure a loan deal or cut price sale elsewhere...
The likes of Carrol, Montero will need to be assessed by new manage

I expect Jordan Ayew to be sold to a Premier League club, there's half a chance Andre will be sold to a Turkish club but they're likely to favour a loan. For me there is zero chance Baston will be sold, and will probably be loaned out to a La Liga club for the remainder of his contract. No clubs in La Liga able to afford the fee and his full wages will be interested. La Liga's TV cash isn't shared as fairly as in the EPL meaning very few, if any, bottom half clubs would be able to afford him, and I can't see any top half clubs dishing out cash on him on current form.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:02]
Parachute payments on 12:06 - May 31 with 1190 viewsjasper_T

Parachute payments on 07:45 - May 31 by swan65split

So is that where the (I think I read it here somewhere) the £800k interest we paid out went then?

The £800k interest was on "Other loans" which would be borrowing cashflow from the owners. "Bank Loans and overdrafts" was down to £50k (down from £450k last year) because we're not borrowing as much from banks any more. And we're having to borrow quite a bit more money to get through the season.

Finance charges for unwinding of player liabilities/receivables etc. are different columns.
Parachute payments on 14:28 - May 31 with 1110 viewsBadlands

Parachute payments on 12:06 - May 31 by jasper_T

The £800k interest was on "Other loans" which would be borrowing cashflow from the owners. "Bank Loans and overdrafts" was down to £50k (down from £450k last year) because we're not borrowing as much from banks any more. And we're having to borrow quite a bit more money to get through the season.

Finance charges for unwinding of player liabilities/receivables etc. are different columns.

I'm sure I read banks increased or would have increased the cost of lending as they could see we were going to be unable to cover the debt if we were relegated (2 or 3 years ago?)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Parachute payments on 16:23 - May 31 with 1073 viewsPhil_S

Parachute payments on 11:56 - May 31 by Jacket

I expect Jordan Ayew to be sold to a Premier League club, there's half a chance Andre will be sold to a Turkish club but they're likely to favour a loan. For me there is zero chance Baston will be sold, and will probably be loaned out to a La Liga club for the remainder of his contract. No clubs in La Liga able to afford the fee and his full wages will be interested. La Liga's TV cash isn't shared as fairly as in the EPL meaning very few, if any, bottom half clubs would be able to afford him, and I can't see any top half clubs dishing out cash on him on current form.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:02]

I'm struggling to see why any Premier League club would buy Jordan Ayew when he has proved over the course of his career that he is anything other than a Premier League player
Parachute payments on 18:14 - May 31 with 1002 viewsbermudajack

Parachute payments on 16:23 - May 31 by Phil_S

I'm struggling to see why any Premier League club would buy Jordan Ayew when he has proved over the course of his career that he is anything other than a Premier League player

Phil, you may or may not be able to answer this, but... do you think the trust will have any involvement in the acquisition of the new management team? If so, are we in the process of application, interviews or imminent appointments?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Parachute payments on 18:25 - May 31 with 995 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Parachute payments on 11:53 - May 30 by Neath_Jack

You dafties, all money will be siphoned off for the hedge fund lot, and to pay for Wayne Rooneys wages.

It is definitely true because I've read it on this site

And it's all your fault because none of you protested or filled in the owners

If you mean increased interest payments and consultancy fees then probably a lot going to the good old US.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Parachute payments on 19:22 - May 31 with 952 viewsswan65split

Parachute payments on 12:06 - May 31 by jasper_T

Thanks for that, I am from an era where a loan is a loan whether HP, Loan or Mortgage, no other, just a loan.
Parachute payments on 19:23 - May 31 with 948 viewsswan65split

Parachute payments on 14:28 - May 31 by Badlands

I'm sure I read banks increased or would have increased the cost of lending as they could see we were going to be unable to cover the debt if we were relegated (2 or 3 years ago?)

So thats £800k interest gone across the pond then?!
Login to get fewer ads

Parachute payments on 19:34 - May 31 with 942 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Parachute payments on 19:23 - May 31 by swan65split

So thats £800k interest gone across the pond then?!

That's one way Hedge Funds regularly make money, charging above market rates on money lent to support businesses. Another is sky high consultancy fees.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Parachute payments on 19:40 - May 31 with 938 viewsJacket

Parachute payments on 16:23 - May 31 by Phil_S

You might be right. But I still think he's our best hope of getting an EPL move out of the sorry trio.
Parachute payments on 22:35 - May 31 with 876 viewsjasper_T

Parachute payments on 19:34 - May 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

That's one way Hedge Funds regularly make money, charging above market rates on money lent to support businesses. Another is sky high consultancy fees.

I'm sure I've read on here that Trust people looked into it and the interest rates were the same that banks would have charged.
Parachute payments on 22:53 - May 31 with 858 viewsDr_Winston

Jordan Ayew scored 11 goals in a fairly shitty team managed by an utter coward. For £4-5m a PL side could do a lot worse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Parachute payments on 00:00 - Jun 1 with 823 viewsswan65split

Parachute payments on 22:53 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

Jordan Ayew scored 11 goals in a fairly shitty team managed by an utter coward. For £4-5m a PL side could do a lot worse.

True, but like Fer was always expecting that one rash, iffy tackle from him.....queue Huddersfield wasn't it?...after the media had highlighted several similar tackles in the weeks beforehand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024