Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommendations for Holidays 06:59 - Jun 1 with 2140 viewsowainglyndwr

Looking for recommendations for a 7 to 10 day holiday for July 2020.
We normally go to Caribbean countries, but have a wedding abroad in June, so probably looking for something up to about £1300 each.
The wife fancies a Mediterranean cruise but never been on one
It's normally a relaxing beach holiday with excursions

any recommendations please
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 7:00]
Recommendations for Holidays on 07:28 - Jun 1 with 2109 viewsdickythorpe

Try Pembrokeshire, Gower or North Wales.
Recommendations for Holidays on 09:16 - Jun 1 with 2025 viewsexhmrc1

Why not base yourself in our wonderful city. From there you can visit numerous lovely beaches on Gower or head out to see the stunning views of the Brecon beacons. You could take in Dan yr ogof showcaves. Further afield you could take in days out to Bath or Pembrokeshire. Another alternative would be to spend a few days going up the West Wales coast taking in Aberaeron, Aberystwyth and Dolgellau then viewing the slate mines at Blaenau Ffestiniog before heading for Llandudno. That would be an ideal base to view the wonderful castles of North Wales and take a day out in stunning Chester.
Recommendations for Holidays on 13:03 - Jun 1 with 1933 viewsowainglyndwr

Recommendations for Holidays on 07:28 - Jun 1 by dickythorpe

Try Pembrokeshire, Gower or North Wales.

I stay around different areas of Wales regular
Recommendations for Holidays on 13:23 - Jun 1 with 1923 viewsexhmrc1

Recommendations for Holidays on 13:03 - Jun 1 by owainglyndwr

I stay around different areas of Wales regular

possibly visit devon and cornwall numerous lovely beaches.
Recommendations for Holidays on 13:49 - Jun 1 with 1899 viewsWxmJax

Never been on a cruise but every one I know who has, has loved it. Builthy's been on a few.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Recommendations for Holidays on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 1840 viewsmajorraglan

I suppose it all depends on what you like to do when you’re away, are you happy to sit by the pool or do you prefer exploring and it’s break type trips? I have done a couple of cruises with P and O and enjoyed, one was down to Northern Spain and Portugal and the other was to Norway. A Med cruise is a good option because it will have plenty of stops at different ports and will give you the best of both worlds.
Recommendations for Holidays on 15:31 - Jun 1 with 1836 viewscontroversial_jack

The Uk is too expensive to holiday. Turkey is still cheap and I believe Bulgaria is too
Recommendations for Holidays on 21:43 - Jun 2 with 1643 viewsWxmJax

You could always do a self drive cruise. I could come and visit you, I only live 10 minutes away

[IMG] http://i63.tinypic.com/15dqn1f.jpg[/IMG]
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 23:19]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Recommendations for Holidays on 21:51 - Jun 2 with 1624 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:16 - Jun 1 by exhmrc1

Why not base yourself in our wonderful city. From there you can visit numerous lovely beaches on Gower or head out to see the stunning views of the Brecon beacons. You could take in Dan yr ogof showcaves. Further afield you could take in days out to Bath or Pembrokeshire. Another alternative would be to spend a few days going up the West Wales coast taking in Aberaeron, Aberystwyth and Dolgellau then viewing the slate mines at Blaenau Ffestiniog before heading for Llandudno. That would be an ideal base to view the wonderful castles of North Wales and take a day out in stunning Chester.

Thank you Cliff Mitchelmore.
Recommendations for Holidays on 22:38 - Jun 2 with 1573 viewsjack2jack

Italian lakes, Como or one of the others, seriously. Beautiful.
And should be within your budget, for a week.
Recommendations for Holidays on 22:46 - Jun 2 with 1560 viewsbuilthjack

Recommendations for Holidays on 13:49 - Jun 1 by WxmJax

Never been on a cruise but every one I know who has, has loved it. Builthy's been on a few.

Indeed. Fully recommend it. NCL I find the best. All inclusive so no bills at the end. Otherwise you could get a thousand pound bar bill for two of you.
Some decent deals out there.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:02 - Jun 3 with 1462 viewsLord_Bony

It's Ryanair bargain time at the moment.

Many flights between £10 and £20 snap them up while you can folks and plan your summer with a few cheap trips.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:04 - Jun 3 with 1453 viewsLeonWasGod

Recommendations for Holidays on 21:43 - Jun 2 by WxmJax

You could always do a self drive cruise. I could come and visit you, I only live 10 minutes away

[IMG] http://i63.tinypic.com/15dqn1f.jpg[/IMG]
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 23:19]

Love that sort of stuff. I took my now missus on the Monmouth-Brecon back in the days. I reckon that was the clincher.
Recommendations for Holidays on 09:21 - Jun 3 with 1445 viewsLeonWasGod

Recommendations for Holidays on 22:38 - Jun 2 by jack2jack

Italian lakes, Como or one of the others, seriously. Beautiful.
And should be within your budget, for a week.

Good call that for a decent foreign but not long haul holiday. What's not to like about Italy; nice weather, friendly people, great food and wine. Could even get the train down and go via the Bernina Express, one of the most picturesque train journeys in the world. Swansea to Lake Como easily doable in 2 days on the train via Paris & Zurich.

We're taking in part of that are in an interrailing trip this summer - Austria, the camper van around Slovenia, back through Venice, Milan, up past Como and a stop over near St Moritz here:

Can't chuffin wait.
Recommendations for Holidays on 17:06 - Jun 3 with 1318 viewsCooperman

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:02 - Jun 3 by Lord_Bony

It's Ryanair bargain time at the moment.

Many flights between £10 and £20 snap them up while you can folks and plan your summer with a few cheap trips.

I’ve just paid the princely sum of £19.32 for a Stansted to Bologna flight - absolutely incredible value of the highest order and it’s a very good departure time for a work commute rather than one of the silly o’clock late night options.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Recommendations for Holidays on 17:13 - Jun 3 with 1315 viewsCooperman

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:21 - Jun 3 by LeonWasGod

Good call that for a decent foreign but not long haul holiday. What's not to like about Italy; nice weather, friendly people, great food and wine. Could even get the train down and go via the Bernina Express, one of the most picturesque train journeys in the world. Swansea to Lake Como easily doable in 2 days on the train via Paris & Zurich.

We're taking in part of that are in an interrailing trip this summer - Austria, the camper van around Slovenia, back through Venice, Milan, up past Como and a stop over near St Moritz here:

Can't chuffin wait.

A massive thumbs up for the Italian rail network. Whether it be 190 mph inter city high speed links or a regional connection, the timetable is extensive with very cost effective fares.

Recommendations for Holidays on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 1303 viewsItchySphincter

How do you like the Greek islands? Crete is my fav but Zante is popular and Kefalonia is lovely - really green compared to some of the arid areas on the other islands.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Recommendations for Holidays on 18:04 - Jun 3 with 1276 viewsupvcjack

Nerja Costa del sol👍🏻
Recommendations for Holidays on 18:16 - Jun 3 with 1252 viewsjack2jack

Recommendations for Holidays on 09:21 - Jun 3 by LeonWasGod

Can't chuffin wait.

That sounds like a great trip.
We took the train down from the lakes into Milan. Watch out for the lucky luckies,they are a pain in the arse, mainly in the main square.
Enjoy.😀
Recommendations for Holidays on 20:00 - Jun 3 with 1207 viewsLeonWasGod

Recommendations for Holidays on 18:16 - Jun 3 by jack2jack

That sounds like a great trip.
We took the train down from the lakes into Milan. Watch out for the lucky luckies,they are a pain in the arse, mainly in the main square.
Enjoy.😀

Cheers, will do. Had experience of that in Piza, so we’ll be eagle eyed
Recommendations for Holidays on 22:05 - Jun 3 with 1167 viewsJohnw102

As somebody else said the Mon and Brec canal wonderful break from the world, life at 2/3 mph plenty of good pubs with food at reasonable prices. Big plus no 2hour waiting at airports, and 2 days of your holiday lost travelling.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Recommendations for Holidays on 22:13 - Jun 3 with 1158 viewsCooperman

Recommendations for Holidays on 18:04 - Jun 3 by upvcjack

Nerja Costa del sol👍🏻

Tell me more. I’m popping my Nerja cherry in the last week of August.

Recommendations for Holidays on 22:20 - Jun 3 with 1146 viewsPegojack

Recommendations for Holidays on 17:35 - Jun 3 by ItchySphincter

How do you like the Greek islands? Crete is my fav but Zante is popular and Kefalonia is lovely - really green compared to some of the arid areas on the other islands.

Crete's my favourite too. Been there five or six times in the last eight years, always to Chryssana Beach Hotel in Kolymbari on the west end of the island away from the club18-30 crowd.
Peaceful, classy and not expensive, especially outside peak. Check it out on Trivago or Travel Republic. Go b&b, too many fab restaurants nearby to tie yourself to half board. Fly to Chania. Hire a cheap car to avoid big transfer charges and drive yourself to the fab beaches on that end of Crete, some near the hotel.
Recommendations for Holidays on 22:36 - Jun 3 with 1116 viewsLohengrin

Recommendations for Holidays on 17:13 - Jun 3 by Cooperman

A massive thumbs up for the Italian rail network. Whether it be 190 mph inter city high speed links or a regional connection, the timetable is extensive with very cost effective fares.

Did you try my buffet cars too? The bruschetta’s a winner...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024