Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the heavyweight division serious? 07:27 - Jun 1 with 5937 viewsdickythorpe

The "mush" Joshua is fighting tonight is some kind of competition winner surely?
What a fat, useless disgrace he looks.

No interest anymore at this weight.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:21 - Jun 2 with 1720 viewsbluey_the_blue

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:07 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Why would they fix Joshua to lose and f*ck up (or at least delay) the big money bouts with Wilder and Fury?

Assuming it was fixed, which I doubt, presumably the narrative would be the next few fights get built around Joshua redeming himself, put pressure on Wilder to accept a fight due to Joshua being vulnerable etc.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:22 - Jun 2 with 1715 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:21 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

Assuming it was fixed, which I doubt, presumably the narrative would be the next few fights get built around Joshua redeming himself, put pressure on Wilder to accept a fight due to Joshua being vulnerable etc.

Yeah it’s nonsensical shouting “fix”. It makes no sense. Joshua f*cked up. All this does is add another fight to the unification schedule.

Poll: Tory leader

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:29 - Jun 2 with 1677 viewssainthelens

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:22 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah it’s nonsensical shouting “fix”. It makes no sense. Joshua f*cked up. All this does is add another fight to the unification schedule.

Perhaps he stood to earn more by losing. Jockeys/tennis players have done it and it's been around in boxing forever.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:36 - Jun 2 with 1652 viewsbluey_the_blue

Well yeah. Next fight was due to be Usyk I believe, his style would be a more difficult matchup for AJ than Ruiz was, so...

WIlder might be flapping his gums, but he relied upon crazy decisions to rescue him against Ortiz and Fury.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:37 - Jun 2 with 1652 viewsWarwickHunt

Innit. “Invincible” AJ gets the shite slapped out of him by a fat beaner.

It’s a giant “oops”, nowt else.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:46 - Jun 2 with 1581 viewsdickythorpe

If I had the physique of Joshua I'd be embarrassed to have been beaten by "Joey potatoes".
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:55 - Jun 2 with 1559 viewstrinityann

Step back from the AJ hype, it's absolute ridiculous they would fix it. You pride yourself on being underfeated as a boxer.

AJ is a product of a typical UK promotor trying to milk him before he meets his match. Decent promoters know the limitions of their fighters and will try to maximise their top line.

AJ/Klitchko fight revealed who he really is as a fighter. He has a glass chin and I've never seen a fighter's stamina just disappear in middle rounds. For me he doesn't have that fighter's courage and his body building muscles is not doing him any favours. The lactic acid will eat them muscles up when he comes under pressure.

He will be retired within two years counting his pennies.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:57 - Jun 2 with 1556 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Imagine a young Mike Tyson in this era of the division. He would be knocking out these pretenders within seconds.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:59 - Jun 2 with 1556 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:55 - Jun 2 by trinityann

Step back from the AJ hype, it's absolute ridiculous they would fix it. You pride yourself on being underfeated as a boxer.

AJ is a product of a typical UK promotor trying to milk him before he meets his match. Decent promoters know the limitions of their fighters and will try to maximise their top line.

AJ/Klitchko fight revealed who he really is as a fighter. He has a glass chin and I've never seen a fighter's stamina just disappear in middle rounds. For me he doesn't have that fighter's courage and his body building muscles is not doing him any favours. The lactic acid will eat them muscles up when he comes under pressure.

He will be retired within two years counting his pennies.

Like most bodybuilders they have no cardio conditioning and the big muscles are extra weight.Saying that, the fat Mexican didn't look in tip top shape either.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:04 - Jun 2 with 1549 viewsWingstandwood

Love the way the physical build can be totally deceptive and surprise us all. Larry Holmes taking flak for his skinny legs, yep the legs may be a force-multiplier for punching power but Larry still had 44 knockout wins.

Then there was Frank Bruno v Tim Witherspoon, a superbly lean, defined, chiseled and muscular Bruno running out of gas against a pudgy and far less fit looking Witherspoon who truly held the stamina card.

Then there was Jonah Lomu who weighed more than many prop forwards but still moved quicker than many a winger.

Then there is ordinary looking (but superhuman) Dennis Rogers who despite being far from 'heavyweight' bends wrenches, horseshoes and spanners in half with his bare hands.

And then there is the overweight guy you tend to find working as a labourer on a building site... Overweight and of unfit appearance but with physical strength, stamina and natural fitness to push barrow upon barrow of ready mix through a shallow ready mix quagmire in searing summer humidity and midday heat.

The way a person's Physical build can surprise on those rare occasions is remarkable.

Argus!

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:10 - Jun 2 with 1536 viewsBytholWyn

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:04 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Love the way the physical build can be totally deceptive and surprise us all. Larry Holmes taking flak for his skinny legs, yep the legs may be a force-multiplier for punching power but Larry still had 44 knockout wins.

Then there was Frank Bruno v Tim Witherspoon, a superbly lean, defined, chiseled and muscular Bruno running out of gas against a pudgy and far less fit looking Witherspoon who truly held the stamina card.

Then there was Jonah Lomu who weighed more than many prop forwards but still moved quicker than many a winger.

Then there is ordinary looking (but superhuman) Dennis Rogers who despite being far from 'heavyweight' bends wrenches, horseshoes and spanners in half with his bare hands.

And then there is the overweight guy you tend to find working as a labourer on a building site... Overweight and of unfit appearance but with physical strength, stamina and natural fitness to push barrow upon barrow of ready mix through a shallow ready mix quagmire in searing summer humidity and midday heat.

The way a person's Physical build can surprise on those rare occasions is remarkable.

You can add the fat kid James (Olly McBurnie's words not mine) to that list.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:18 - Jun 2 with 1526 viewsWingstandwood

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:10 - Jun 2 by BytholWyn

You can add the fat kid James (Olly McBurnie's words not mine) to that list.

I kid you not I watched a BBC Horizon programme about cardiovascular health and it had a guy on it who ran marathon after marathon with his body shape that was the exact resemblance to that of Oliver Hardy.

Obviously he wasn't winning marathons, but he was still achieving decent times and had the resting heart rate, lung performance and blood pressure of a fit person. Things can be deceiving.

Argus!

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:37 - Jun 2 with 1488 viewsPentyrchJack

This photo sums it up! Nothing wrong with a Rossi's diet.

https://e3.365dm.com/19/06/640x380/skysports-andy-ruiz-jr-anthony-joshua_4684380
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 11:40]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:52 - Jun 2 with 1468 viewssainthelens

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 11:37 - Jun 2 by PentyrchJack

This photo sums it up! Nothing wrong with a Rossi's diet.

https://e3.365dm.com/19/06/640x380/skysports-andy-ruiz-jr-anthony-joshua_4684380
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 11:40]

From the neck down, looks like a bird from Splott.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 12:49 - Jun 2 with 1419 viewsNeath_Jack

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:57 - Jun 2 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Imagine a young Mike Tyson in this era of the division. He would be knocking out these pretenders within seconds.

Every time he fought someone half decent he lost.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 14:22 - Jun 2 with 1353 viewsPozuelosSideys

There was no fix. Joshua fought a dumb fight against a fighter who is better than he looks. People looking for excuses and reasons need to understand theyve been brainwashed by the SKY hype machines (just like how the PL is the best league in the world lol) and that AJ just isnt as good as they want you to believe. #bigstiffidiot

Fury is the best HW. But that isnt something that sits comfortably with most for all sorts of reasons, and i understand that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 21:05 - Jun 2 with 1175 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 14:22 - Jun 2 by PozuelosSideys

There was no fix. Joshua fought a dumb fight against a fighter who is better than he looks. People looking for excuses and reasons need to understand theyve been brainwashed by the SKY hype machines (just like how the PL is the best league in the world lol) and that AJ just isnt as good as they want you to believe. #bigstiffidiot

Fury is the best HW. But that isnt something that sits comfortably with most for all sorts of reasons, and i understand that.

The Gypsy King ...... ☘️🥊💚

Beware of the Risen People

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:06 - Jun 3 with 1083 viewsAquinas

A lot of people overlooking the fact AJ's dad was going mad at Eddie Hearn in the ring after the right.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:47 - Jun 3 with 1065 viewsdickythorpe

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:06 - Jun 3 by Aquinas

A lot of people overlooking the fact AJ's dad was going mad at Eddie Hearn in the ring after the right.

All part of the script.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:56 - Jun 3 with 1058 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:57 - Jun 2 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

He was the best, a proper fighter, he would try and knock them all out and mostly did!
As you say he would kill all of these bums!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 9:57]
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:01 - Jun 3 with 1052 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 14:22 - Jun 2 by PozuelosSideys

True!

AJ is a bum!
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:02 - Jun 3 with 1051 viewsCountyJim

Put my free bet on at 10/1 2 horse race and AJ was to cocky talking about his next fight ffs
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 21:40 - Jun 3 with 879 viewsBanosswan

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 10:02 - Jun 3 by CountyJim

Put my free bet on at 10/1 2 horse race and AJ was to cocky talking about his next fight ffs

https://mobile.twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua/status/1108848954807066625

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 21:46 - Jun 3 with 873 viewsjack2jack

It's a bloody pantomime, just to mug of the punters who have the vaguest interest in it, again greed and money has all but ruined the sport.
I have very little interest in boxing these days.
Is the heavyweight division serious? on 22:11 - Jun 3 with 855 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is the heavyweight division serious? on 09:06 - Jun 3 by Aquinas

Im told thats because Joshua had been floored badly in sparring by Dawejko a few days before (look at his face before the fight - its all marked up) and was likely carrying a concusion. Kinda makes sense tbh

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024