Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man 09:37 - Jun 1 with 3898 viewstheloneranger

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2019/05/31/shortsighted-betrayal-from-long-term-proj

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 09:50 - Jun 1 with 3196 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:00 - Jun 1 with 3150 viewsHeadmaster

In one of his interviews, Birch said he couldn't believe that a manager can talk about long-term building given the nature of the business today.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:02 - Jun 1 with 3119 viewsbermudajack

I have to agree with much written here, but the most worrying factor is his reluctance to follow through his good first season developing our squad and why?
If reports from him are true, the financial restrictions/player sales that lay ahead, would stop or limit the progress he wanted for us, maybe the hard medicine was a spoonful too much for Potter?
He jumped ship very quickly following what turned out to be a season of many positives, that surely says more about what we can offer him as a club - rather than his personal managerial progression. 🧐

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:26 - Jun 1 with 3095 viewsjasper_T

"I’m no expert on Brighton, but it seems unlikely they’re got a comparable crop of first-team ready youngsters, partly because they play at a higher level so it’s harder to blood youth, and partly because almost nobody has a comparable crop of first-team ready youngsters."

Brighton's u23s have been on a near-identical path to our own, only one year behind. Promoted from div 2 last season, finished third in div 1 this one. Got some good players like Connelly and Gyokeres. They've put a lot of time and money into their academy setup.

The jump to the PL is bigger, but it's not insurmountable.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:40 - Jun 1 with 3054 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Naive article.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:50 - Jun 1 with 3027 viewsNotLoyal

It's all about the moneys ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:51 - Jun 1 with 3021 viewsLeonWasGod

That's fecking hilarious. Nothing funnier than a fan scorned. "The emergence of Yan Dhanda and Joel Asoro"
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:07 - Jun 1 with 2957 viewsLuther27

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:51 - Jun 1 by LeonWasGod

That's fecking hilarious. Nothing funnier than a fan scorned. "The emergence of Yan Dhanda and Joel Asoro"

So, I take it you're not going to support the next badge kissing, YJB singing newbie for our next managerial punt.
Login to get fewer ads

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:21 - Jun 1 with 2939 viewsDr_Winston

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:02 - Jun 1 by bermudajack

I have to agree with much written here, but the most worrying factor is his reluctance to follow through his good first season developing our squad and why?
If reports from him are true, the financial restrictions/player sales that lay ahead, would stop or limit the progress he wanted for us, maybe the hard medicine was a spoonful too much for Potter?
He jumped ship very quickly following what turned out to be a season of many positives, that surely says more about what we can offer him as a club - rather than his personal managerial progression. 🧐

Says more about what Brighton offered him in his pay packet.

He was quite happy working here before a better offer from elsewhere came along. Why people are twisting themselves into knots looking for some other reason is a bit strange.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:27 - Jun 1 with 2920 viewsDarran

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:21 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

He was quite happy working here before a better offer from elsewhere came along. Why people are twisting themselves into knots looking for some other reason is a bit strange.

The most staggering part is that people actually believe things that comes out of a football managers mouth.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:51 - Jun 1 with 2843 viewsbermudajack

“He was quite happy working here before a better offer from Brighton came along” ?

Do we know this? Is this the real reason that he jumped ship at the very first opportunity? For monetary gain? No other factors?

I think the same can be said for people twisting themselves in knots to label Potter a one step mercenary who had no interest in a long term plan? (Now that he’s gone)

Yet the reality is probably somewhere in between - do you think Huw was straight with our owners/ problems with Potter from the start?

Do you not think Potter wanted confirmation of transfer budgets and player sales this summer prior to making his decision?

IMO I don’t believe it’s just a matter of Potters income, he would have had better offers than Brighton in due course...this is a bright young manager who doesn’t like the path our club is heading, who has thought better of a longer term commitment.

The next appointment will tell us a great deal about our future direction as a club.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 12:11 - Jun 1 with 2791 viewsJacket

Agree with all of that, which comes back to the point that what was on offer to him at Swansea in terms of recruitment / player retention must have been bleak.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 2767 viewsLeonWasGod

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:07 - Jun 1 by Luther27

So, I take it you're not going to support the next badge kissing, YJB singing newbie for our next managerial punt.

I’ll support anyone who’s in post, and the players too, as long as they’re giving their all and doing a good job. I’m not going to get in a flap when they leave though. Whatever their emotions and connection to us, it’s still a job. Talk of betrayal is stupid.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 13:39 - Jun 1 with 2680 viewsGowerjack

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 10:51 - Jun 1 by LeonWasGod

I lost interest at the first sentance.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 14:17 - Jun 1 with 2598 viewsdobjack2

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:51 - Jun 1 by bermudajack

“He was quite happy working here before a better offer from Brighton came along” ?

Do we know this? Is this the real reason that he jumped ship at the very first opportunity? For monetary gain? No other factors?

I think the same can be said for people twisting themselves in knots to label Potter a one step mercenary who had no interest in a long term plan? (Now that he’s gone)

Yet the reality is probably somewhere in between - do you think Huw was straight with our owners/ problems with Potter from the start?

Do you not think Potter wanted confirmation of transfer budgets and player sales this summer prior to making his decision?

IMO I don’t believe it’s just a matter of Potters income, he would have had better offers than Brighton in due course...this is a bright young manager who doesn’t like the path our club is heading, who has thought better of a longer term commitment.

The next appointment will tell us a great deal about our future direction as a club.

We can all have our theories about why he left but that’s all they are -fan theories.

Those that know ain’t going to spill the beans, all we will get is nice comments from club and ex-manager.

We’ll find out where we are going once we have a manager and the transfer window has closed.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 14:59 - Jun 1 with 2486 viewsLuther27

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 12:34 - Jun 1 by LeonWasGod

I’ll support anyone who’s in post, and the players too, as long as they’re giving their all and doing a good job. I’m not going to get in a flap when they leave though. Whatever their emotions and connection to us, it’s still a job. Talk of betrayal is stupid.

Good answer. I don't find a difference between anyone at the club moving on for more money.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 15:45 - Jun 1 with 2434 viewsDr_Winston

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 11:51 - Jun 1 by bermudajack

We know this because Potter repeatedly said so. He knew full well the requirements of the job and the need of the club to balance the finances when he came here in the first place. He knew full well that his transfer budget depended upon how easily the club managed to shift players they no longer wanted to keep. That's been the case since day one.

What's happening is that people are trying to come up with ways to make him moving on the fault of our club rather than it being a simple case of an ambitious young manager being offered a more attractive post elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 16:45 - Jun 1 with 2337 viewsmonmouth

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 15:45 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

We know this because Potter repeatedly said so. He knew full well the requirements of the job and the need of the club to balance the finances when he came here in the first place. He knew full well that his transfer budget depended upon how easily the club managed to shift players they no longer wanted to keep. That's been the case since day one.

What's happening is that people are trying to come up with ways to make him moving on the fault of our club rather than it being a simple case of an ambitious young manager being offered a more attractive post elsewhere.

I’m astounded at the absurdity of any other theory than he’s gone to the premier league, the most hyped, money generating, televised league in the world, where very few managers get an opportunity and where if you fail you are set for life and, if you fail and manage your press profile, you get a shot at Everton.

All this other drivel and bleeding heart long term project stuff is laughable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 16:47 - Jun 1 with 2330 viewsCaptain_Sham

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 15:45 - Jun 1 by Dr_Winston

Its true and people were tripping over themselves making excuses for him before he even left.

Its just a ride.

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 16:48 - Jun 1 with 2315 viewsDafyddHuw

Gave up reading after 1st sentence of para 2 -
"...considering Brighton and Swansea could conceivably be passing in opposite directions this time next year."

Anybody who seriously thinks we'll get promoted next season has no business writing about football.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 18:07]
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 23:17 - Jun 1 with 2105 viewsnyc_swans

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 16:48 - Jun 1 by DafyddHuw

Gave up reading after 1st sentence of para 2 -
"...considering Brighton and Swansea could conceivably be passing in opposite directions this time next year."

Anybody who seriously thinks we'll get promoted next season has no business writing about football.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 18:07]

mindblowing naivety shown by fans of this club.

put yourselves in Potter's shoes. you get offered more money at a more stable club in a bigger league. he's worked his whole career so far to have that opportunity. he may never have the opportunity again. you're lying if you say you wouldn't make the same decision.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 06:28 - Jun 2 with 1990 viewsCaptain_Sham

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 23:17 - Jun 1 by nyc_swans

mindblowing naivety shown by fans of this club.

put yourselves in Potter's shoes. you get offered more money at a more stable club in a bigger league. he's worked his whole career so far to have that opportunity. he may never have the opportunity again. you're lying if you say you wouldn't make the same decision.

"you're lying if you say you wouldn't make the same decision. "

A staggering grandiose statement of utter ignorance. You don't speak for me.
I cant believe some of the narrow minded tvvats on here.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 6:36]

Its just a ride.

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 13:02 - Jun 2 with 1761 viewsBadlands

Not at all strange - when we do well praise the team and manager ... when we are screwed it's the fault of the 'asset stripping', money grabbing, Swansea hating (American) owners.

Keep up. :-)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 13:50 - Jun 2 with 1709 viewsFireboy2

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 13:02 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Not at all strange - when we do well praise the team and manager ... when we are screwed it's the fault of the 'asset stripping', money grabbing, Swansea hating (American) owners.

Keep up. :-)

You are leigh dineen and i claim my £5.
Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 14:30 - Jun 2 with 1663 viewsBadlands

Shortsighted Betrayal from Long Term Project Man on 13:50 - Jun 2 by Fireboy2

You are leigh dineen and i claim my £5.

I am the silent majority and I claim the moral high ground ... enjoy your £5
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 14:31]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024