Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football's New Laws 18:09 - Jun 1 with 2842 viewsploppy

Some interesting changes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254

Looking forward to "leave the field at the nearest point" and "uncontested drop ball to the team in possession at the point the game was stopped". The "goal kick not needing to leave the box" should help us as well as Liverpool and Man City.
Football's New Laws on 18:47 - Jun 1 with 2770 viewsBytholWyn

Most of the changes are sensible, but I find it incredible that the ambiguities around the hand ball law have been replaced with another set of ambiguities. Can anyone tell me what "unnaturally bigger" means? it can be argued that any normal athletic action involves the arms moving away from the body - so that arms being at a distance from the body is entirely natural. Are 100m sprinters pumping their arms away from their bodies in an unnatural way? Clearly not.

There is an obvious and clearcut definition available for hand ball - namely that a handball is committed if the ball strikes the hand or part of the arm which isn't adjacent to the body. So, if the ball hits the elbow it would only be a handball if there was daylight between the elbow and the body. This is clear for players, officials and spectators alike. It also wouldn't require players to do an Ivanovic - i.e. run around (in a very unnatural way) with their arms behind their backs. This seems like plain common sense to me - clearly a commodity entirely lacking in the IFAB and the experts they presumably employ.
Football's New Laws on 18:51 - Jun 1 with 2763 viewsDafyddHuw

"Drop balls can no longer be contested, but the change is more positive than it sounds.

If play is stopped, the ball will be dropped to a player on the team that last touched the ball - and where they touched it. All other players must be 4.5 yards (4m) away."

So a free kick, effectively.
Football's New Laws on 19:57 - Jun 1 with 2682 viewsploppy

Football's New Laws on 18:51 - Jun 1 by DafyddHuw

"Drop balls can no longer be contested, but the change is more positive than it sounds.

If play is stopped, the ball will be dropped to a player on the team that last touched the ball - and where they touched it. All other players must be 4.5 yards (4m) away."

Except that the opposition don't need to be 10yds away, only 4.5, and as soon as the ball is dropped they can contest it - presumably.
Football's New Laws on 22:09 - Jun 1 with 2591 viewsGlyn1

Most of them are common sense.

No longer being able to put an attacker into the defensive well is interesting. Personally I agree with it but you can understand those who don't.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Football's New Laws on 22:10 - Jun 1 with 2587 viewsNotLoyal

I wrote to the FA about a half time wãnk fest, got nothing back, cünts.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Football's New Laws on 22:16 - Jun 1 with 2574 viewsbuilthjack

Football's New Laws on 22:10 - Jun 1 by NotLoyal

I wrote to the FA about a half time wãnk fest, got nothing back, cünts.

Perhaps you rubbed them up the wrong way

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Football's New Laws on 22:19 - Jun 1 with 2569 viewsbluey_the_blue

Football's New Laws on 19:57 - Jun 1 by ploppy

Except that the opposition don't need to be 10yds away, only 4.5, and as soon as the ball is dropped they can contest it - presumably.

It's about time.

It really annoys me when team attacking, kik ball out in opposition half as opposition player down. Restart, opposition kik it back, people applaud the "sportsmanship".

Eh?

They've kicked the ball 50-60 yards away from where it was put out to help them ffs!
Football's New Laws on 22:20 - Jun 1 with 2566 viewsbluey_the_blue

Football's New Laws on 22:09 - Jun 1 by Glyn1

Most of them are common sense.

No longer being able to put an attacker into the defensive well is interesting. Personally I agree with it but you can understand those who don't.

I agree with that one too.

Attackers in the wall you can clearly see blocking defenders from moving across etc. Anywhere else on the pitch that's obstruction...
Login to get fewer ads

Football's New Laws on 12:59 - Jun 2 with 2370 viewsBadlands

Football's New Laws on 18:51 - Jun 1 by DafyddHuw

What if the team who sat touched I as also the teams who player has just gone down with one of 'those head injuries'?
4.5 yards! I'm still waiting for players to be more than 2 years from a normal free kick - most defending teams just hover over the ball until they are ready for it to be taken.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024