Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thierry Henry... 20:08 - Jun 1 with 15746 views34dfgdf54

Next manager??

Thierry Henry... on 08:10 - Jun 2 with 4099 viewsTheKirkyLife

For your consideration....

https://punditarena.com/football/kennedymarisa760/reasons-went-wrong-henry-monac
Thierry Henry... on 08:18 - Jun 2 with 4067 viewsjruss1

Seems a real stretch if true but judging by the names linked it wouldn't shock me if he won the interview process.

Usually takes 2 weeks or so, I expect someone to be named in the next few days.
Thierry Henry... on 08:40 - Jun 2 with 3976 viewsMagic_Michu

Would be happy to see Kwame ‘Pat’ Ampadu return home and bring his son with him on loan for a season.

Unsure about Henry after Monaco... but as had been said before... Rodgers failed before he came to us too.

He’d certainly attract players and create a bit of an interest in the club again.

Better than the rest of the uninspiring candidates

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Thierry Henry... on 08:43 - Jun 2 with 3961 viewsjackjackjackjack

A couple of days ago Henry was supposed to be going to Barcelona as assistant to Martinez.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Thierry Henry... on 09:18 - Jun 2 with 3831 viewsJacket

There could be something in this. Flynn and Henry were studying for their FAW badges at the time. So it's plausable that Henry could have informed Flynn that he's got the job.

The most surprising thing about the whole story for me is Flynn being given an interview given the style or play Newport have adopted under him.
Thierry Henry... on 09:20 - Jun 2 with 3809 viewsWhiterockin

Thierry Henry... on 09:18 - Jun 2 by Jacket

There could be something in this. Flynn and Henry were studying for their FAW badges at the time. So it's plausable that Henry could have informed Flynn that he's got the job.

The most surprising thing about the whole story for me is Flynn being given an interview given the style or play Newport have adopted under him.

Did we have permission to approach Flynn?
Thierry Henry... on 09:27 - Jun 2 with 3780 viewsBillyChong

Thierry Henry... on 23:17 - Jun 1 by exiledclaseboy

This isn’t happening

Are the trust involved in the recruitment process?
Thierry Henry... on 09:39 - Jun 2 with 3729 viewsmagicdaps10

I would say Leon/Curt would have spoken to Roberto and he had Henry as his assistant at Belgium.

Cant get over how tw@tish people are on here, Risca has only.posted something he has heard and people act like 4yr olds........it was that sort of attitude that had this forum on its knees for a long while.

As for Henry, if he were to come in, brought a bit of know how with his backroom staff, he could do a job.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Thierry Henry... on 09:57 - Jun 2 with 3627 viewsDr_Winston

Aren't Monaco in the shit for flouting FFP?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thierry Henry... on 10:03 - Jun 2 with 3598 viewsThornburyswan

Would be a huge gamble with his lack of any managerial experience & I suspect very limited Championship knowledge plus our very small pot of funds (& that's even if we were to exit the Ayews, Boston & sell DJ) - that said it would create, at least initially, a buzz around the club & attract interest both for players & potential commercial partners.

All that said, unless Risca's mate is really on the inside, it looks a tad like the rumour around David Villa joining us a few summers back!!
Thierry Henry... on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 3517 viewsshandyjack

Could they feel a bigger name could convince our better players to stay? Maybe his name will help us attract better quality of loan player?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Thierry Henry... on 10:27 - Jun 2 with 3474 viewssainthelens

Thierry Henry... on 10:20 - Jun 2 by shandyjack

Could they feel a bigger name could convince our better players to stay? Maybe his name will help us attract better quality of loan player?

May encourage our strikers to throw the ball in the net.
Thierry Henry... on 10:32 - Jun 2 with 3443 viewsymaohyd

Thierry Henry... on 09:39 - Jun 2 by magicdaps10

I would say Leon/Curt would have spoken to Roberto and he had Henry as his assistant at Belgium.

Cant get over how tw@tish people are on here, Risca has only.posted something he has heard and people act like 4yr olds........it was that sort of attitude that had this forum on its knees for a long while.

As for Henry, if he were to come in, brought a bit of know how with his backroom staff, he could do a job.

I think you've spoken a lot of sense with regards to the Roberto connection. I should imagine that Leon and Roberto remain very close and no matter what many of us may think of Roberto, he is meticulous in his approach to football and may well point us in the direction of some useful candidates.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Thierry Henry... on 11:01 - Jun 2 with 3297 viewsHeadmaster

“Your grandmother’s a whore!” Imagine what he'd be like on derby day!

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/your-granny-is-a-we-thierry-henrys-monaco-nightm
Thierry Henry... on 11:16 - Jun 2 with 3218 viewssainthelens

Thierry Henry... on 11:01 - Jun 2 by Headmaster

“Your grandmother’s a whore!” Imagine what he'd be like on derby day!

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/your-granny-is-a-we-thierry-henrys-monaco-nightm

His granny do a turn then ?
Thierry Henry... on 11:40 - Jun 2 with 3095 views34dfgdf54

Thierry Henry... on 09:39 - Jun 2 by magicdaps10

Don’t me wrong, I get told some sh*t, I was told Savaraese at the start (off different person) and believed it.

This isn’t me trying to act “itk”. I don’t know anyone who even works for the Swans.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 12:23]
Thierry Henry... on 12:54 - Jun 2 with 2803 viewsNeath_Jack

Thierry Henry... on 11:16 - Jun 2 by sainthelens

His granny do a turn then ?

He said it to another player.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Thierry Henry... on 13:30 - Jun 2 with 2676 viewsBadlands

Thierry Henry... on 10:03 - Jun 2 by Thornburyswan

Would be a huge gamble with his lack of any managerial experience & I suspect very limited Championship knowledge plus our very small pot of funds (& that's even if we were to exit the Ayews, Boston & sell DJ) - that said it would create, at least initially, a buzz around the club & attract interest both for players & potential commercial partners.

All that said, unless Risca's mate is really on the inside, it looks a tad like the rumour around David Villa joining us a few summers back!!

Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers had very little managerial experience.
Did his badges in Wales (so that could be the links for gossip) and always praised the way we used to play. Worked with Roberto and did his badges with FAW.

Perhaps Monarco was a bigger project than he expected but Swansea may be a more friendly and patient project.

In an interview last year he spoke knowledgeably about the Newport and Bala Town whose managers he shared the course with so I would assume he doesn't have a 'stand off' ego.

https://www.fawtrust.cymru/get-inspired/news/heres-what-thierry-henry-learned-ou

He might give us a boost and would be any worse than those mentioned?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thierry Henry... on 13:38 - Jun 2 with 2643 viewsThornburyswan

Thierry Henry... on 13:30 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Roberto, Sousa, Rodgers had very little managerial experience.
Did his badges in Wales (so that could be the links for gossip) and always praised the way we used to play. Worked with Roberto and did his badges with FAW.

Perhaps Monarco was a bigger project than he expected but Swansea may be a more friendly and patient project.

In an interview last year he spoke knowledgeably about the Newport and Bala Town whose managers he shared the course with so I would assume he doesn't have a 'stand off' ego.

https://www.fawtrust.cymru/get-inspired/news/heres-what-thierry-henry-learned-ou

He might give us a boost and would be any worse than those mentioned?

Decent points Badlands, I guess my biggest hesitation is our current financial position - not so much on Henry's wages but on what support he would want/need to buy into the project.
Thierry Henry... on 13:51 - Jun 2 with 2571 views34dfgdf54

Thierry Henry... on 10:03 - Jun 2 by Thornburyswan

The person who told me has nothing to do with Swansea City whatsoever just to be clear.

Like I said, could well be bullsh*t, I have got the tendency to be quite gullible about these kind of things as I’ve said before, I just have no reason not to believe this one and it’s been backed up by the amount of money gone on him over last 24 hours, that doesn’t come from one post on an Internet forum.

Mellon still odds on though which I find quite strange.
Thierry Henry... on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 2385 viewsBadlands

Thierry Henry... on 13:38 - Jun 2 by Thornburyswan

Decent points Badlands, I guess my biggest hesitation is our current financial position - not so much on Henry's wages but on what support he would want/need to buy into the project.

Get your point.
After his experience in Monaco, I would hope he'd appreciate working with players who would be a bit star struck and a club that would give him a little time (as we did early days with Potter).
I would also hope his name and reputation might make some players think another season with the Swans wouldn't be a bad thing for they careers - if so we don't need a lot of money spent on transfers. But he might be they difference in us getting an experienced player or two (rather than them going to Huddersfield) and even loaning young Arsenal players on the cusp of first team football whose style would compliment ours.Not to take over but compliment our youngsters.

I think I'd rather watch Henry side than one coached by Flynn or Melon.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thierry Henry... on 14:40 - Jun 2 with 2316 viewsIAN05

Thierry Henry... on 13:51 - Jun 2 by 34dfgdf54

The person who told me has nothing to do with Swansea City whatsoever just to be clear.

Like I said, could well be bullsh*t, I have got the tendency to be quite gullible about these kind of things as I’ve said before, I just have no reason not to believe this one and it’s been backed up by the amount of money gone on him over last 24 hours, that doesn’t come from one post on an Internet forum.

Mellon still odds on though which I find quite strange.

Out of interest, why do you consider the person such a good source if they have nothing at all to do with the club ?

Not a dig by the way, just intrigued as the only place I’ve seen this rumour is on here yet none of media etc are running it and it has come in to 6/1
Thierry Henry... on 15:39 - Jun 2 with 2050 views34dfgdf54

Thierry Henry... on 14:40 - Jun 2 by IAN05

Out of interest, why do you consider the person such a good source if they have nothing at all to do with the club ?

Not a dig by the way, just intrigued as the only place I’ve seen this rumour is on here yet none of media etc are running it and it has come in to 6/1

Sent you PM.

Odds were 16/1 when I posted on here last night and I knew they were going to drop significantly from the money I saw being put on. I’m not saying it’s definitely going to happen, I’m not claiming to be in the know, just a tip off by what I would personally consider a reliable source. As I said, I’ve been guilty of being gullible in the past though so don’t take it as gospel.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 17:58]
Thierry Henry... on 16:42 - Jun 2 with 1789 viewsicecoldjack

IMO we will be going cheap option all the way.

Anyway, if Henry did get the job, 1 decent season and he'd be off to another club, any former superstar player that does above average seems to be in demand all over the place and for the top jobs too.

My guess is that it's a left field appointment from abroad, hopefully somebody that plays good football, my guess is that certain players will stay or go depending on the calibre of manager brought in .

This is a huge decision for Birch, if he gets it wrong then L1 will be the next level .
Thierry Henry... on 17:23 - Jun 2 with 1614 views34dfgdf54

Thierry Henry... on 16:42 - Jun 2 by icecoldjack

IMO we will be going cheap option all the way.

Anyway, if Henry did get the job, 1 decent season and he'd be off to another club, any former superstar player that does above average seems to be in demand all over the place and for the top jobs too.

My guess is that it's a left field appointment from abroad, hopefully somebody that plays good football, my guess is that certain players will stay or go depending on the calibre of manager brought in .

This is a huge decision for Birch, if he gets it wrong then L1 will be the next level .

Why would Henry be expensive though? In his first job he failed. His reputation as a player will not come into it, it’s a completely different career. He needs to start somewhere from scratch so won’t be able to demand a ridiculous salary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024