Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... 17:24 - Jun 3 with 9017 viewsKGriz16

Source: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-finalise
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:24 - Jun 3 with 3747 viewsmagicdaps10

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:21 - Jun 3 by Headmaster

In other words, he hasn't got a clue.

Exactly!!! Using certain words to be able to back out but just throwing names in there in hope he can play on his tweet if it happens.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:34 - Jun 3 with 3674 viewsmonmouth

Whoever it is, the clunge won’t be here long, one way or the other. They rarely last a calendar year. Never two.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:39 - Jun 3 with 3637 viewsGaryjack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:34 - Jun 3 by monmouth

Whoever it is, the clunge won’t be here long, one way or the other. They rarely last a calendar year. Never two.

Yep, crap and sacked, or does well and fvcks off somewhere else, now that really is 'The Swansea way'!
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:43 - Jun 3 with 3605 viewslonglostjack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:39 - Jun 3 by Garyjack

Yep, crap and sacked, or does well and fvcks off somewhere else, now that really is 'The Swansea way'!

Steady on Victor Meldrew.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:49 - Jun 3 with 3554 viewsGaryjack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:43 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

Steady on Victor Meldrew.

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:51 - Jun 3 with 3542 viewsjack2jack

This is all well and good, but don't you think this should all be sorted by the end of the week, doesn't leave a lot of time to settle in, bring in a few new faces, getting to know players who are staying, pre season etc etc. Just saying like.
Hate all this waiting around, suppose we should be used to it by now.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:54 - Jun 3 with 3501 viewsLeonWasGod

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:47 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Has Nixon ever been right about anything ever?

Ending US involvement in the Vietnam war?
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:58 - Jun 3 with 3475 viewsmonmouth

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:54 - Jun 3 by LeonWasGod

Ending US involvement in the Vietnam war?

That there was a rabbit in the hat?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:04 - Jun 3 with 3425 viewsLeonWasGod

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:51 - Jun 3 by jack2jack

This is all well and good, but don't you think this should all be sorted by the end of the week, doesn't leave a lot of time to settle in, bring in a few new faces, getting to know players who are staying, pre season etc etc. Just saying like.
Hate all this waiting around, suppose we should be used to it by now.

You’d like to think so. We’ll be back training in about 3 weeks, so whoever it is will have a bit of prep to do before then (including new targets, hopefully).

And I hope this isn’t getting in the way of offloading our unwanted, too-expensive players. The new guy doesn’t need them hanging round his neck stopping him from doing new business.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:06 - Jun 3 with 3415 viewsLeonWasGod

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:58 - Jun 3 by monmouth

That there was a rabbit in the hat?

Before my time that, I had to google it to work out what you’re going on about!
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:10 - Jun 3 with 3389 viewsjack2jack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:04 - Jun 3 by LeonWasGod

You’d like to think so. We’ll be back training in about 3 weeks, so whoever it is will have a bit of prep to do before then (including new targets, hopefully).

And I hope this isn’t getting in the way of offloading our unwanted, too-expensive players. The new guy doesn’t need them hanging round his neck stopping him from doing new business.

Yep, needs sorting asap.
There well be a lot of folk who need to settle in first and that's before they get down to the business of playing football.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:44 - Jun 3 with 3234 viewsTNT

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:41 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

I'm not so sure. Hope it's not the Klopp halo effect for anything German. Klopp is a charismatic character with obvious people management skills. Kollner comes across as being more "sachlich" in other words more ........German.

More of a Laudrup mwsh?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 22:14 - Jun 3 with 3060 viewslonglostjack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 20:44 - Jun 3 by TNT

More of a Laudrup mwsh?

Throwing some cultural stereotypes around, Laudrup was more Scandinavian cool, massive reputation and cosmopolitan. Kollner more like a German Clement? If press reports are to be believed this guy for good or bad has a stubborn streak. He went to boarding school in a monastery and has described his service in the German Army as a doddle in comparison. I’m not sure whether that’s really an advantage for man management skills. He’s quoted as saying that he likes players to educate themselves and isn’t a fan of mobile phones. Obviously a good track record in coaching though. In terms of management it went badly wrong at Nuremberg and one old stalwart at the club argued that he was an inexperienced manager who couldn’t develop a system to help an inexperienced team at Bundesliga level. Given that he wasn’t that successful on his home patch it would be a big risk in my opinion BUT that’s only from digging around in press reports. He might just turn out to be the dog’s bollocks !
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 22:16]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 22:17 - Jun 3 with 3039 viewsTNT

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 22:14 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

Throwing some cultural stereotypes around, Laudrup was more Scandinavian cool, massive reputation and cosmopolitan. Kollner more like a German Clement? If press reports are to be believed this guy for good or bad has a stubborn streak. He went to boarding school in a monastery and has described his service in the German Army as a doddle in comparison. I’m not sure whether that’s really an advantage for man management skills. He’s quoted as saying that he likes players to educate themselves and isn’t a fan of mobile phones. Obviously a good track record in coaching though. In terms of management it went badly wrong at Nuremberg and one old stalwart at the club argued that he was an inexperienced manager who couldn’t develop a system to help an inexperienced team at Bundesliga level. Given that he wasn’t that successful on his home patch it would be a big risk in my opinion BUT that’s only from digging around in press reports. He might just turn out to be the dog’s bollocks !

Good read.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 06:19 - Jun 4 with 2839 viewsjack247

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:19 - Jun 3 by magicdaps10

I love how Nixon uses the word "maybe" in his tweet.

Always have to look into the words see boys.

He’s typed eight words and three of them are ‘suspect’, ‘poss’ and ‘maybe. He’s not even implying he knows, he’s made it pretty clear that he’s just having an educated guess.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 08:14 - Jun 4 with 2701 viewsswan65split

The names I am seeing , somehow do not have me doing star jumps and back flips in excitement.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 08:17 - Jun 4 with 2687 viewsNotLoyal

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 22:17 - Jun 3 by TNT

Good read.

The word educate is used again, this could be the clincher. Personal development and learning from experience.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 11:11 - Jun 4 with 2523 viewsHeadmaster

Thankfully he's unlikely to get the job. Here's a comment on WalesOnline:

"Kollner has been explaining the bundeslige 'Cephlapod ' tactical principles to Birch and crew. This is treating the whole club as one multi armed organism all geared to performance. Klopp has applied this at Liverpool where he often cuddles the cleaners. High press is not the only way of sucess."

Who needs the high press when you can cuddle the cleaners?
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:47 - Jun 4 with 2302 viewsPentyrchJack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 22:14 - Jun 3 by longlostjack

Agree. I just hope Birch and co don't expect miracles because he is a (failed) German manager - given that German managers are in vogue thanks to Liverpool and Norwich.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:58 - Jun 4 with 2248 viewsHighjack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 11:11 - Jun 4 by Headmaster

Thankfully he's unlikely to get the job. Here's a comment on WalesOnline:

"Kollner has been explaining the bundeslige 'Cephlapod ' tactical principles to Birch and crew. This is treating the whole club as one multi armed organism all geared to performance. Klopp has applied this at Liverpool where he often cuddles the cleaners. High press is not the only way of sucess."

Who needs the high press when you can cuddle the cleaners?

There won’t be any cleaners left once the yanks finish their cost cutting.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:01 - Jun 4 with 2242 viewskarnataka

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:47 - Jun 4 by PentyrchJack

Agree. I just hope Birch and co don't expect miracles because he is a (failed) German manager - given that German managers are in vogue thanks to Liverpool and Norwich.

and Huddersfield
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:08 - Jun 4 with 2207 viewsPentyrchJack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:01 - Jun 4 by karnataka

and Huddersfield

Oh yes, one German out and another German in. Must be hell getting any good tables in the club restaurant.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 23:09]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:33 - Jun 4 with 2100 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 19:01 - Jun 4 by karnataka

and Huddersfield

And Borussia Dortmund

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 13:10 - Jun 6 with 1761 viewsladyjack

Don't like the look of this German guys record.
Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 13:15 - Jun 6 with 1729 viewsBadlands

Michael Kollner flies in for further talks... on 18:58 - Jun 4 by Highjack

There won’t be any cleaners left once the yanks finish their cost cutting.

Give it a rest.
Income dropping from £120million to around £25 million and you expected all 219 employees to be kept on!!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024