Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonny Williams 22:23 - Jun 3 with 7365 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sorry if ferdy.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jonny Williams on 07:52 - Jun 4 with 1233 views34dfgdf54

Jonny Williams on 07:11 - Jun 4 by ItchySphincter

If we sign him people are gonna be disappointed when they actually see him play. FACT.

None of us will see him play often.
Jonny Williams on 07:59 - Jun 4 with 1216 viewstrinityann

Good championship player and suits our style of play.
Jonny Williams on 08:50 - Jun 4 with 1122 viewsNotLoyal

Wasn't good enough for us when he was allegedly good enough.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jonny Williams on 08:56 - Jun 4 with 1113 viewsswancity

Not sure about his fitness but he’s an excellent footballer who will fit in well to our style and philosophy. Would be a great addition .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jonny Williams on 08:57 - Jun 4 with 1110 viewsKGriz16

Good squad player, I don't expect him to be pulling up trees. Would be worried if we signed a player prior to appointing a manager though.
Jonny Williams on 09:20 - Jun 4 with 1065 viewsCooperman

Strange development (if true) from the point of view of not having a coaching team in place. Who is driving the deal from our end?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jonny Williams on 09:23 - Jun 4 with 1059 viewsJacket

Jonny Williams on 08:57 - Jun 4 by KGriz16

Good squad player, I don't expect him to be pulling up trees. Would be worried if we signed a player prior to appointing a manager though.

I would imagine it's subject to approval of manager. Similar to some of the signings last season which came in days after Potter's appointment. OK'd by Potter but scouted under the Lead-worse regime.
Jonny Williams on 09:31 - Jun 4 with 1045 viewssg1912

Replacing Dan James with somebody who plays 3 games a year.

#nextlevel
Login to get fewer ads

Jonny Williams on 09:51 - Jun 4 with 1001 viewsThornburyswan

On a free with sensible wages not a bad call but not in an area of the pitch where we need additional resource & track record both in form/consistency & injury is not great - incoming manager would need to be fully onside with this call otherwise he'll end up a bit part player again.
Jonny Williams on 10:16 - Jun 4 with 958 viewsBytholWyn

If true this would be a fantastic signing, albeit with the obvious caveat that he manages to play more often than not. Thanks to his excellent technique he's a tremendously versatile player, and can player across the front line, on either wing or as a 10. It wouldn't be surprising if he were to do a Leon and move into a holding role, as he has the balance and touch to play in tight areas and a good defensive work ethic.

Obviously we want our next manager to be on the same page when it comes to signings - but putting too much emphasis on what our managers think is what's got us into trouble in recent years with our dodgy recruitment. Our footballing identity should determine the players we bring in and the manager we appoint. Let's not keep putting the cart before the horse. If an incoming manager can't find a place for Jonny Williams in the side then he shouldn't be at our club.

Also, we can't hang around with players available on a free. If the opportunity is there we need to grasp it - or another club will step into the gap while we dither.
Jonny Williams on 10:25 - Jun 4 with 927 viewsBytholWyn

Jonny Williams was subbed on after 70 minutes in the League One play-off final and turned the game in Charltion's favour. Watch from 17 minutes in on this: https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest/video/league-1-playoff-final-86459/E

I don't think there are many players in the Swansea squad that have the technique to do what Jonny Williams does about 18:20 into the highlights. Perfect chest control, turns, kills the ball dead with his first touch, and manages to evade the attentions of two players on the touchline - only being prevented from getting in on goal because of a desperate foul. Class.
Jonny Williams on 10:29 - Jun 4 with 921 viewsAl_Bundy

If this was Jonny Mctash from Scotland he wouldn't be on our radar. This welshy approach is quite amusing.
Jonny Williams on 10:32 - Jun 4 with 913 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Good player on his day, but he doesn't have enough of them, thats when he is fit, which is about 30% of a season, terrible signing
Jonny Williams on 10:34 - Jun 4 with 908 viewsBytholWyn

Jonny Williams on 22:30 - Jun 3 by Pegojack

Totally lightweight in his sub appearances in the Euro finals, completely out of his depth. And he's a couple of years older now. And a freebie from Charlton.

I think this wins the clueless post of the week award. He was great in the Euros, apart perhaps for the Semis. It was his introduction off the bench against Northern Ireland that swung that game our way, with NI winning the tactical battle up to that point. He also started the move that led to the only goal of the game.

If he comes whether or not he's a success will depend on one thing only - his ability to remain fit. A fully fit Jonny Williams will be a huge asset and a joy to watch.
Jonny Williams on 10:34 - Jun 4 with 908 viewshobo

Jonny Williams on 10:29 - Jun 4 by Al_Bundy

If this was Jonny Mctash from Scotland he wouldn't be on our radar. This welshy approach is quite amusing.

Because Jonny Mctash is rubbish
Jonny Williams on 10:40 - Jun 4 with 902 viewsshandyjack

Jonny Williams on 10:34 - Jun 4 by hobo

Because Jonny Mctash is rubbish

so is joniesta

Poll: Expectation for the season

Jonny Williams on 10:59 - Jun 4 with 861 viewsSPboy

He’s been a sub type of player wherever he has been, either coming on as a sub or getting hooked early. Some of the Wales followers may be looking at this through the old rose tinted goggles.

Hopefully this only a rumour put out by his agent. If there is any substance in this rumour it says more about our ambition than anything. More League 1 than PL contenders
Jonny Williams on 11:08 - Jun 4 with 850 viewsunion_jack

Jonny Williams on 23:32 - Jun 3 by hobo

Will be a big player for us if this comes off

Yes, weight gain is a problem when injuries prevent you training and playing.

😏

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Jonny Williams on 11:49 - Jun 4 with 792 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 23:58 - Jun 3 by jasper_T

We looked much better with Routs leading the line and Ollie flitting about behind. He's an old fashioned 10. Can't hold the ball up, can't run in behind. Link player and finisher, start and end moves.

We need a wide player to replace DJ more than another central attacking midfielder with no goals in his game.

I agree that we should be prioritising other positions, but he's free, versatile, young-ish, experienced-ish and Welsh. Must be cheap on the wage front too.
~I don't think we should be turning our nose up at any actual signings tbh. Our squad is thin enough as it is.
You said yourself, apart from the lads who stepped up last year, there's not that many who look able to do the same this year, so the more bodies we have the better.
If he turns out to be class then we are on a winner. If he turns out to be shit then hopefully we are getting a new manager who'll be ready and able to blood a youngster in his place. Win-win IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jonny Williams on 11:55 - Jun 4 with 775 viewsLeonWasGod

Jonny Williams on 23:28 - Jun 3 by jasper_T

Where would he fit in our team?

Does the manager know?

Quite. Although we wanted to get back to more stability and having coaches that have to suit us rather than the other way round, and I suppose this is what that look slike. UNless they've already made their decision and the incoming guy is aware of this (if it happens).

Or in other words, feck knows
Jonny Williams on 11:57 - Jun 4 with 772 viewsjasper_T

Jonny Williams on 11:49 - Jun 4 by jackrmee

I agree that we should be prioritising other positions, but he's free, versatile, young-ish, experienced-ish and Welsh. Must be cheap on the wage front too.
~I don't think we should be turning our nose up at any actual signings tbh. Our squad is thin enough as it is.
You said yourself, apart from the lads who stepped up last year, there's not that many who look able to do the same this year, so the more bodies we have the better.
If he turns out to be class then we are on a winner. If he turns out to be shit then hopefully we are getting a new manager who'll be ready and able to blood a youngster in his place. Win-win IMO.

Buying things we don't need because they're on sale is false economy. It all comes out of the budget the new manager has to work with.
Jonny Williams on 11:59 - Jun 4 with 769 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 10:25 - Jun 4 by BytholWyn

Jonny Williams was subbed on after 70 minutes in the League One play-off final and turned the game in Charltion's favour. Watch from 17 minutes in on this: https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest/video/league-1-playoff-final-86459/E

I don't think there are many players in the Swansea squad that have the technique to do what Jonny Williams does about 18:20 into the highlights. Perfect chest control, turns, kills the ball dead with his first touch, and manages to evade the attentions of two players on the touchline - only being prevented from getting in on goal because of a desperate foul. Class.

Looked pretty decent there, popping up on both wings, decent delivery, strong running.

On a side note...when did Rolf Harris get out? (minute 19.30)

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jonny Williams on 12:01 - Jun 4 with 764 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 10:29 - Jun 4 by Al_Bundy

In't there a new rule about how many home grown players we need to play?
I know we shouldn't struggle with that at all, but a decent home grown player on a free is always good Shirley?

Jonny Williams on 12:05 - Jun 4 with 751 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 11:55 - Jun 4 by LeonWasGod

Quite. Although we wanted to get back to more stability and having coaches that have to suit us rather than the other way round, and I suppose this is what that look slike. UNless they've already made their decision and the incoming guy is aware of this (if it happens).

Or in other words, feck knows

I agree.
And didn't Birch say that the manager would have final say on all signings? Not final say on the players who are already here.
Signing this guy before the manager comes in is not going to make a difference to the new manager...he will just treat him as any other existing squad member Shirley?

Jonny Williams on 12:09 - Jun 4 with 731 viewsjackrmee

Jonny Williams on 11:57 - Jun 4 by jasper_T

Buying things we don't need because they're on sale is false economy. It all comes out of the budget the new manager has to work with.

Picking up something from the reduced fridge in Tescos before anyone else grabs it is often key to me living a healthy life. Admittedly, I sometimes end up eating something easier and that fits in better on the day and chucking it out, which really pisses me off. More often than not though it works out well and I'm happy I got a bargain before the rest of the cronies get a sniff. Gotta be in it to win it mun.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024