Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 Relief Road 12:04 - Jun 4 with 8380 viewsVincent_Vega

Scrapped

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48512697

Agony for Cardiffian business' and Caravanists from Wolverhampton

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

M4 Relief Road on 18:38 - Jun 5 with 1140 viewssherpajacob

M4 Relief Road on 18:20 - Jun 5 by bluey_the_blue

It all depends upon the train route.

When space for bikes is at maximum capacity, non cyclists have to take priority on busy services.

Now, in the case you raise, did the group think to contact local rail services, explain situation, see what could be arranged or was it a case of just turning up and expecting carriages to be around half full of passengers to be able to carry bikes on?

There was plenty of space on the train for the half dozen or so bikes trying to get on at Carmarthen.

Transport for Wales were well aware of the Carten, as were the respective police forces and highways agencies.

Trains used to have guards vans with storage space for scores of bikes.

The train from Tenby to Carmarthen was very accommodating. With friendly passengers and train crew congratulating the cyclists on their efforts.

At Carmarthen a complete d1ckhead, was adamant no more than 2 bikes on his train. He reminded me very much of you.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

M4 Relief Road on 18:42 - Jun 5 with 1133 viewsbluey_the_blue

M4 Relief Road on 18:38 - Jun 5 by sherpajacob

There was plenty of space on the train for the half dozen or so bikes trying to get on at Carmarthen.

Transport for Wales were well aware of the Carten, as were the respective police forces and highways agencies.

The train from Tenby to Carmarthen was very accommodating. With friendly passengers and train crew congratulating the cyclists on their efforts.

At Carmarthen a complete d1ckhead, was adamant no more than 2 bikes on his train. He reminded me very much of you.

May well have been plenty of space on the train at that point, how many passengers were getting on at further stops for example?

In this instance, imo an extra carriage could have been arranged. It wasn't, can hardly complain at what happened then - a case of wanting special treatment.
M4 Relief Road on 20:33 - Jun 5 with 1068 viewsswanforthemoney

M4 Relief Road on 21:06 - Jun 4 by Luther27

I've had the misfortune to use the trains for over twenty years and guess what. After tens of billions of pounds invested what have we got? Network shutdowns every public holiday you can think of...points failures at the drop of a hat...surely staff...and slower times in more uncomfortable carriages than 30 years ago. Oh, and don't forget the most expensive cost of travel anywhere in Europe.
Fck the railways. I wouldn't piss on them.

And if you did piss on the trains, you wouldn't be able to wash your hands afterwards.
I travel Cardiff to Swansea every Monday evening on the new trains.
There is never any water in any of the hand basins. New trains and they don't seem to carry enough water to keep the hand basins supplied.
The seat material on the trains is already heavily stained and unpleasant to look at.
I've had my ticket checked only twice in about 20 journeys. Ok it's an invitation to travel without paying, but the other side to it is there is never a guard around if you have queries or problems.
It's not really what I would call a train 'service' .

I stand in the North Stand

M4 Relief Road on 20:54 - Jun 5 with 1053 viewsJack_Meoff

M4 Relief Road on 21:06 - Jun 4 by Luther27

I've had the misfortune to use the trains for over twenty years and guess what. After tens of billions of pounds invested what have we got? Network shutdowns every public holiday you can think of...points failures at the drop of a hat...surely staff...and slower times in more uncomfortable carriages than 30 years ago. Oh, and don't forget the most expensive cost of travel anywhere in Europe.
Fck the railways. I wouldn't piss on them.

Well just think of the shareholder dividends it's generating, from infrastructure paid for by the taxpayer. Oh, and before I forget, some of the cash will be going into the coffers of the Dutch, German, Italian and French states.

Hope that cheers you up. Swell isn't it?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

M4 Relief Road on 21:20 - Jun 5 with 1033 viewsdickythorpe

M4 Relief Road on 18:38 - Jun 5 by sherpajacob

I got told you had to book if you wanted to take a bike on the train if you had completed the CARTEN.

The normally only allow 2.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 21:21]
M4 Relief Road on 23:03 - Jun 5 with 982 viewssherpajacob

M4 Relief Road on 18:42 - Jun 5 by bluey_the_blue

May well have been plenty of space on the train at that point, how many passengers were getting on at further stops for example?

In this instance, imo an extra carriage could have been arranged. It wasn't, can hardly complain at what happened then - a case of wanting special treatment.

Not letting people on a train, because there may or may not be people who want to get on further down the line?

Well that's a new one on me.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024