Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? 21:53 - Jun 4 with 2187 viewsDJack

Personally, it apears to be a good idea but the "lessons learned" will be interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-48517126

FAO Waynekerr... Badoit not mentioned.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 22:09 - Jun 4 with 2153 viewsjack2jack

Sounds like a step in the right direction.
Shops and indeed manufacturers need to get on board.
Let's hope more retailers cotton on to the idea. Plastic is killing our planet, and in turn us with it.
Everything is either wrapped in or sealed in plastic. The packaging on items is just horrendous, and mostly in the name of vanity.
Well done Waitrose for thinking outside the box so to speak.
A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 23:42 - Jun 4 with 2080 viewsLeonWasGod

You’ve been able to do this in the States for years, so I’m surprised it’s taken so long over here. Not only good for packaging, but it’s nice to be able to buy exactly how much you need (which is probably why stores have resisted so far).
A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 08:19 - Jun 5 with 1930 viewsVincent_Vega

Great idea,

Bring that whole 'open all hours' small grocer shop feel, big fan of that

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 15:42 - Jun 5 with 1827 viewsBanosswan

A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 23:42 - Jun 4 by LeonWasGod

You’ve been able to do this in the States for years, so I’m surprised it’s taken so long over here. Not only good for packaging, but it’s nice to be able to buy exactly how much you need (which is probably why stores have resisted so far).

Exactly, reduces food waste too.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 15:52 - Jun 5 with 1811 viewstrinityann

It's bad enough taking your own shopping bags, never mind taking your own plastic containers. Plus customers with dirty hands potentially handling foods.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 16:06]
A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 00:28 - Jun 6 with 1706 viewsDJack

A good idea or jumping on the bandwagon??? on 15:52 - Jun 5 by trinityann

It's bad enough taking your own shopping bags, never mind taking your own plastic containers. Plus customers with dirty hands potentially handling foods.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 16:06]

The article mentioned and showed pictures of products in cardboard as opposed to plastic and also dispensers for stuff like pasta and cereal. These dipensers were similar looking to the sweets/nuts dispensers found in pubs/arcades so there would be no handling of product with dirty hands. Perhaps you skim-read the article?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024