Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) 08:48 - Jun 6 with 10716 viewsSwans9

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:47 - Jun 7 with 949 viewsjackrmee

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:18 - Jun 7 by Cooperman

I’m going to bite here.

Social media is full of nonsense like this. The other option to not selling Dan James was to hang on to him for another year and then allow him to walk away on a free or minimal compensation at the very best. If anyone thinks that he would settle for a new long term contract that he subsequently honours then they are clearly deluded.

We’ve also got the brigade who want to bring Vorm and Williams back. What these people fail to realise is that both Vorm and Williams don’t have an ounce of loyalty in their bodies and will never ever sign for a pittance; they will want one last big pay day. Then in the next breath they castigate the club for not selling the Ayew’s and shifting their wages, the key point being that to sell something requires an interested buyer in the first place.

Sorry to single you out, Alan. I can’t see where you’re going with this. Many are failing to see the big picture.

I can't say I know either player, but I wwouldn't have put either of them in the 'disloyal' bracket. Both were with us for years and moved on at the right time for them, when the club wanted to cash in on them. Neither have played for many clubs and have stayed at all their clubs for extended periods. I would say that both Vorm and Williams are exceptionally more loyal than most footballers out there tbh.

I agree that they will probably go elsewhere, but I think that's because both will get quite good wage packets from somewhere, as they're still big names.
I wouldn't rule out them taking a wage cut to come play for us if there were no other big offers on the table though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 7 with 912 viewsjasper_T

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:47 - Jun 7 by jackrmee

I can't say I know either player, but I wwouldn't have put either of them in the 'disloyal' bracket. Both were with us for years and moved on at the right time for them, when the club wanted to cash in on them. Neither have played for many clubs and have stayed at all their clubs for extended periods. I would say that both Vorm and Williams are exceptionally more loyal than most footballers out there tbh.

I agree that they will probably go elsewhere, but I think that's because both will get quite good wage packets from somewhere, as they're still big names.
I wouldn't rule out them taking a wage cut to come play for us if there were no other big offers on the table though.

Both left at the first opportunity to step up a level. Nothing wrong with it, but to credit someone with exceptional loyalty for spending three years at a club before leaving to sit on a top six bench is naive.

Truth is the loyalty of most long term servants in football is never tested.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 7 with 897 viewspikeypaul

£18 million ? A lot of which will be going to pay for Rooney.

But hey the Trust thinks the Sellouts Kantts and the Yanks are wonderful so who are we to judge.

You could not make it up and we get what we deserve with the snivelling, do feck all shitheads weve allowed on to the Trust.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 23:02]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:03 - Jun 7 with 880 viewsjack247

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 7 by pikeypaul

But hey the Trust thinks the Sellouts Kantts and the Yanks are wonderful so who are we to judge.

You could not make it up and we get what we deserve with the snivelling, do feck all shitheads weve allowed on to the Trust.

None of it’s going to Rooney or in their back pockets.

It’s simply going to finance mistakes the Americans (or their chairman at the time) made.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:04 - Jun 7 with 876 viewsgrabsplatter

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 7 by jack247

Yep. It’s simply selling off our assets, because we have to, to pay for previous incompetence.

I'm not going to defend the owners they've been incompetent but the reality is Manchester United are paying upwards of £15 million for a player who's played less than a season in our first team.
Dan James is getting a massive wage increase & wants to go to 1 of the biggest clubs around.
Regardless of who our owners are or what our financial position is a club of our size is going to sell on those terms
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 7 with 873 viewsjasper_T

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 7 by pikeypaul

"You could not make it up"?

You're doing a pretty good job.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:12 - Jun 7 with 848 viewsjack247

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:04 - Jun 7 by grabsplatter

I'm not going to defend the owners they've been incompetent but the reality is Manchester United are paying upwards of £15 million for a player who's played less than a season in our first team.
Dan James is getting a massive wage increase & wants to go to 1 of the biggest clubs around.
Regardless of who our owners are or what our financial position is a club of our size is going to sell on those terms

Yes of course, but a club that wasn’t in the shit would reinvest a decent chunk of it into the playing squad. Very unlikely we will.

Doubt it would have stopped us selling to Man Utd, but his contract should have been renewed while he was still at the stage he’d have gladly signed it.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 23:12]
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:16 - Jun 7 with 840 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:12 - Jun 7 by jack247

Yes of course, but a club that wasn’t in the shit would reinvest a decent chunk of it into the playing squad. Very unlikely we will.

Doubt it would have stopped us selling to Man Utd, but his contract should have been renewed while he was still at the stage he’d have gladly signed it.

If we can shift both the Ayews a fair chunk will be invested. It is a great deal for us and if the Ayews can’t be sold will at least guarantee we will survive in this division next season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 00:26 - Jun 8 with 757 viewsjackrmee

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 22:55 - Jun 7 by jasper_T

Both left at the first opportunity to step up a level. Nothing wrong with it, but to credit someone with exceptional loyalty for spending three years at a club before leaving to sit on a top six bench is naive.

Truth is the loyalty of most long term servants in football is never tested.

I'm not just talking about for us though, I mean their whole careers. Compared to a lot of players, they seem more loyal imo.
Players will always sign for the big clubs. Everton and Spurs especially are massive.
Ash waited til the twilight of his career for a last swansong so to speak and it's rumoured that Vorm didn't even know the club had sold him to Spurs as he wasn't told.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 04:52 - Jun 8 with 703 viewsCooperman

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:04 - Jun 7 by grabsplatter

Don’t forget his contractual position. Leaves for free in one years time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 05:53 - Jun 8 with 690 viewsjack247

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 04:52 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

Don’t forget his contractual position. Leaves for free in one years time.

Which again, is a great example of our owners inadequacy.
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 06:17 - Jun 8 with 677 viewsgrabsplatter

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 23:12 - Jun 7 by jack247

We'll have to wait and see what effect Birch has on how we run the football side of things but yes it's going to service the debt built up by previous mistakes.
Birch has made a decent start though, it's a good deal & done early for a change.
Getting Dan to sign a deal earlier would have been easier if previous managers had been brave enough to give him some game time
Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 06:28 - Jun 8 with 676 viewsjack247

Yanks sell D James if medical passed today to man u. (n/t) on 06:17 - Jun 8 by grabsplatter

We'll have to wait and see what effect Birch has on how we run the football side of things but yes it's going to service the debt built up by previous mistakes.
Birch has made a decent start though, it's a good deal & done early for a change.
Getting Dan to sign a deal earlier would have been easier if previous managers had been brave enough to give him some game time

The moment it became clear he would be an integral first team player, he should have been offered a fresh deal. Regardless of the fact he signed a new one not long before breaking through. He’d have bitten your hand off early last season.

I agree with your last sentence, but managers very rarely throw untried youngsters into PL relegation battles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024