Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's world cup 11:12 - Jun 7 with 27659 viewsLord_Bony

Starts tonight BBC1 anybody watching it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/women-worl

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Women's world cup on 15:40 - Jun 14 with 3252 viewssioni

Women's world cup on 18:34 - Jun 11 by Highjack

Sweden Chile match stopped because of a bit of rain. Presumably don’t want their hair to get wet or it’ll go frizzy or something...

Torrential rain and lightning actually.
Women's world cup on 20:37 - Jun 14 with 3196 viewsDippy

This is awful viewing..

Poll: Cooper Out

Women's world cup on 21:11 - Jun 14 with 3158 viewsLord_Bony

What's the matter now skip?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Women's world cup on 21:32 - Jun 14 with 3131 viewsGaryjack

Women's world cup on 21:11 - Jun 14 by Lord_Bony

What's the matter now skip?

Just a hunch, but i guess Skippy is just saying it's awful viewing?....which it is. I'd expect any boy's international U15's to beat this lot, it's pathetic stuff.
Women's world cup on 01:00 - Jun 15 with 3070 viewsBadlands

Loving this but only realised tonight when the big up for England was happening.

Almost all the games have lacked (thankfully) all the high profile, pundits (who know sod all about most teams) banging on, having multiple plays and angles and favouritism.

Some games have been poor but some have been excellent.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Women's world cup on 09:45 - Jun 15 with 3012 viewsdameedna

There is a joy in watching womens football. Sam Kerr for Australia is a huge star and is unknown.

Of course the womens game does not make much sponsorship compared to the men but it does warrant an audience and exhileration levels vary from game to game.
Women's world cup on 11:14 - Jun 15 with 2991 viewsswanforthemoney

Watched a couple of games, France the other night and England last night. Enjoyed them. It will improve in the group stages. As with all international competitions.

I stand in the North Stand

Women's world cup on 17:37 - Jun 16 with 2847 viewsMrSwerve

USA 3 nil up against Chile already...another rout on the cards.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Women's world cup on 18:09 - Jun 16 with 2829 viewsPegojack

Women's world cup on 17:37 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

USA 3 nil up against Chile already...another rout on the cards.

The Yanks are clearly streets ahead, but Chile are not being helped by some very poor officiating. Does Marriner have a daughter? I think she's in charge of this game.
Women's world cup on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 2803 viewsPegojack

Holy sh1t, how rubbish is this ref?
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 18:40]
Women's world cup on 01:43 - Jun 17 with 2730 viewssioni

Thought the USA team played well against a willing if inferior Chile team and plaudits to the Americans generally for providing support especially at the High School and University levels to female athletes of their own and other countries. In this game they won quite soundly despite playing against a talented keeper. How many teams, including our own, have screwed up in similar situations?

They played a skillful possession and passing game, they used the whole field and attacked at pace whenever possible. They pressed aggressively after losing the ball, their offensive and defensive set pieces could only be wished for by some teams and their finishing is superior. And they’re beautiful.

But perhaps even more noteworthy they had exceptional players called Morgan, Powell, Pugh perhaps Harris and perhaps even Kreiger(well that’s the way we pronounced Creigiau in English as a lad in Ponty).

I enjoyed it, even the chanting of USA,which sometimes bugs me for no rational reason.
Women's world cup on 03:11 - Jun 17 with 2725 viewsWanderer

That Chilean goalie is classy, yes I'll say it better than Nordfelt.
Women's world cup on 07:15 - Jun 17 with 2690 viewsPegojack

Women's world cup on 01:43 - Jun 17 by sioni

Thought the USA team played well against a willing if inferior Chile team and plaudits to the Americans generally for providing support especially at the High School and University levels to female athletes of their own and other countries. In this game they won quite soundly despite playing against a talented keeper. How many teams, including our own, have screwed up in similar situations?

They played a skillful possession and passing game, they used the whole field and attacked at pace whenever possible. They pressed aggressively after losing the ball, their offensive and defensive set pieces could only be wished for by some teams and their finishing is superior. And they’re beautiful.

But perhaps even more noteworthy they had exceptional players called Morgan, Powell, Pugh perhaps Harris and perhaps even Kreiger(well that’s the way we pronounced Creigiau in English as a lad in Ponty).

I enjoyed it, even the chanting of USA,which sometimes bugs me for no rational reason.

I agree, even though I couldn't help rooting for the plucky underdogs.
I have to say I've been impressed by the level of play of the good teams in this tournament so far, although it's a bit hard to judge when there are a lot of weaker teams who are making them look good.
The final stages, when the best teams are left in, should be very entertaining.
Oh, and the BBC never learn, bigging up England as usual. The inevitable fall is coming.
Women's world cup on 09:17 - Jun 17 with 2639 viewsBadlands

Women's world cup on 07:15 - Jun 17 by Pegojack

I agree, even though I couldn't help rooting for the plucky underdogs.
I have to say I've been impressed by the level of play of the good teams in this tournament so far, although it's a bit hard to judge when there are a lot of weaker teams who are making them look good.
The final stages, when the best teams are left in, should be very entertaining.
Oh, and the BBC never learn, bigging up England as usual. The inevitable fall is coming.

Have to say England do look capable of winning this tournament but I've enjoyed watching France more than other teams.
But it looks like USA's to lose.

Women's world cup on 21:36 - Jun 17 with 2541 viewsjackharris

France are definitely the ‘Home’ Nation...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Women's world cup on 21:38 - Jun 17 with 2531 viewsjackharris

Nearly 7 minutes between penalty awarded and penalty eventually being scored!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Women's world cup on 08:24 - Jun 18 with 2449 viewsBadlands

Women's world cup on 21:38 - Jun 17 by jackharris

Nearly 7 minutes between penalty awarded and penalty eventually being scored!

Just very poor use of VAR - Lino should have seen that foul in real time.
Other sports are far more efficient.
Coming off the line was close.
Either way correct decision were made and if we'd had a some of those go our way we'd still be in the PL.

Women's world cup on 01:53 - Jun 19 with 2359 viewsdameedna

As the next round beckons it will get more competitive. Sam Kerr scores four goals for Australia to beat Jamaica and qualify to play Norway next. Brazil are out.
Women's world cup on 04:12 - Jun 19 with 2329 viewsGlyn1

To answer the original question. Yes, I'm enjoying it..

And I hope that they win in the Final.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Women's world cup on 09:25 - Jun 19 with 2260 viewsploppy

Women's world cup on 01:53 - Jun 19 by dameedna

As the next round beckons it will get more competitive. Sam Kerr scores four goals for Australia to beat Jamaica and qualify to play Norway next. Brazil are out.

Brazil are in the last 16.
Women's world cup on 19:53 - Jun 19 with 2198 viewsdameedna

Women's world cup on 09:25 - Jun 19 by ploppy

Brazil are in the last 16.

Ta

If Brazil qualify with 6 points in position 3, does that mean Nigeria qualify for last 16 as they picked up 3 points? Hope so..
Women's world cup on 20:11 - Jun 19 with 2176 viewsDippy

Come on the Japanese

Poll: Cooper Out

Women's world cup on 20:17 - Jun 19 with 2168 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 20:11 - Jun 19 by Dippy

Come on the Japanese

You sick... oh.
Women's world cup on 20:18 - Jun 19 with 2164 viewsMrSwerve

Women's world cup on 20:11 - Jun 19 by Dippy

Come on the Japanese

Aka bukkake.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Women's world cup on 20:39 - Jun 19 with 2151 viewsdameedna

thats a long shot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024