Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's world cup 11:12 - Jun 7 with 27678 viewsLord_Bony

Starts tonight BBC1 anybody watching it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/07/women-worl

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Women's world cup on 18:59 - Jun 12 with 2538 viewsMrSwerve

I’ve passively watched a bit of it, with it on in the background. It’s been ok...obviously the standard isn’t great but it’s getting better. I’ll probably watch the final.

USA beat Thailand 13-0 yesterday.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Women's world cup on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 2531 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 18:59 - Jun 12 by MrSwerve

I’ve passively watched a bit of it, with it on in the background. It’s been ok...obviously the standard isn’t great but it’s getting better. I’ll probably watch the final.

You say 13-0 but seriously it was 3-0 at half time... it was shocking, the standard was so poor.
Women's world cup on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 2525 viewsMrSwerve

Women's world cup on 19:01 - Jun 12 by bluey_the_blue

You say 13-0 but seriously it was 3-0 at half time... it was shocking, the standard was so poor.

Tbh I’m not shocked at the score line. Surprised Thailand even have a women’s football team.

Women's world cup on 19:06 - Jun 12 with 2518 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 19:04 - Jun 12 by MrSwerve

Tbh I’m not shocked at the score line. Surprised Thailand even have a women’s football team.

There's an obvious "Thought they would have done better as ladyboys" joke but that would be crass and offensive...
Women's world cup on 06:28 - Jun 13 with 2448 viewsdameedna

Womens football is a growth sport. Still under ten years old. Has won some major deals and has a regular World Cup underway. The teams comparisons between men and women makes some interesting reading.

Wales Women at 33 / Men at 19
England Women at 3 / Men at 4
USA Women at 1 / Men at 24
Belgium Women at 20 / Men at 1
Australia Women at 6 / Men at 41
Argentina Women at 37 / Men at 11
Canada Women at 5 / Men at 78

There are 9 professional USA womens teams. The league started in 2012/2013. Sam Kerr (Australian) is the top scorer with 61 goals/104 apps. Chris Sinclair (Canadian) second top scorer 46 goals/114 apps. Highest league game attendance 23,403

There are 12 semi-professional UK Womens teams. League formed in 2010. Arsenal, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol City, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Reading, West Ham United, Yeovil Town. Yeovil now relegated and replaced by Man U and Spurs.
Average attendance 1,000.

USA beat Thailand 13 nil in the World Cup. Thailand is on a par with Wales in the rankings. Canada appears to be getting stronger through association with USA. This effect does not appear to be developing as strongly between England and Wales.
Women's world cup on 13:49 - Jun 13 with 2372 viewsSwanseaman

Women's world cup on 18:59 - Jun 12 by MrSwerve

loads of controversy of excessive celebrations from the usa women

just looks like normal celebrations to me, the one who score 5 goals got a lot of grief

vid:

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Women's world cup on 13:56 - Jun 13 with 2363 viewsSwanseaman

more crazy discussions here:

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Women's world cup on 14:37 - Jun 13 with 2337 viewsBadlands

Women's world cup on 06:28 - Jun 13 by dameedna

Womens football is a growth sport. Still under ten years old. Has won some major deals and has a regular World Cup underway. The teams comparisons between men and women makes some interesting reading.

Wales Women at 33 / Men at 19
England Women at 3 / Men at 4
USA Women at 1 / Men at 24
Belgium Women at 20 / Men at 1
Australia Women at 6 / Men at 41
Argentina Women at 37 / Men at 11
Canada Women at 5 / Men at 78

There are 9 professional USA womens teams. The league started in 2012/2013. Sam Kerr (Australian) is the top scorer with 61 goals/104 apps. Chris Sinclair (Canadian) second top scorer 46 goals/114 apps. Highest league game attendance 23,403

There are 12 semi-professional UK Womens teams. League formed in 2010. Arsenal, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol City, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Reading, West Ham United, Yeovil Town. Yeovil now relegated and replaced by Man U and Spurs.
Average attendance 1,000.

USA beat Thailand 13 nil in the World Cup. Thailand is on a par with Wales in the rankings. Canada appears to be getting stronger through association with USA. This effect does not appear to be developing as strongly between England and Wales.

9 US pro-teams but 'soccer' has been a college sport for women in the states for decades.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Women's world cup on 15:52 - Jun 13 with 2313 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Women's world cup on 13:49 - Jun 13 by Swanseaman

loads of controversy of excessive celebrations from the usa women

just looks like normal celebrations to me, the one who score 5 goals got a lot of grief

vid:

Ridiculous.

Seems like most of the whining on social media is coming from Canadians. The same people who loudly cheered last week when one of best basketball players in the world, Kevin Durant, blew out his achilles tendon.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Women's world cup on 15:59 - Jun 13 with 2305 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Women's world cup on 14:37 - Jun 13 by Badlands

9 US pro-teams but 'soccer' has been a college sport for women in the states for decades.

Many schools, like my alma mater (Univ. of Texas @ Austin) have a women's teams even though we don't even have a men's team.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Women's world cup on 16:02 - Jun 13 with 2302 viewsSwanseaman

Women's world cup on 15:59 - Jun 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Many schools, like my alma mater (Univ. of Texas @ Austin) have a women's teams even though we don't even have a men's team.

I heard on the radio that usa women's soccer is huge and there is a load of money in it, I think they said they may be the best in the world. There was a debate about the celebrations, the girl holding up her 5 fingers because she scored 5 was really slammed - but who wouldn't be celebrating if they just scored 5 goals in a world cup game

Women's world cup on 16:51 - Jun 13 with 2288 viewspencoedjack

Any chance this thread can be moved to non football related board
Women's world cup on 17:00 - Jun 13 with 2281 viewsbluey_the_blue

Brazil - Australia up now, should be good.

Formiga for Brazil is playing in her SEVENTH world cup...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formiga_(footballer,_born_1978)
Women's world cup on 17:27 - Jun 13 with 2271 viewsGlyn1

Why some men aren't watching the Women's world cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/12/womens-world-cup-shoved-do

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Women's world cup on 17:27 - Jun 13 with 2269 viewsGlyn1

Women's world cup on 16:51 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

Any chance this thread can be moved to non football related board

No

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Women's world cup on 18:06 - Jun 13 with 2249 viewspencoedjack

Women's world cup on 17:27 - Jun 13 by Glyn1

No

Why?
Women's world cup on 18:17 - Jun 13 with 2244 viewsSwanseaman

Women's world cup on 18:06 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

Why?

prob because it's a football related thread?

Women's world cup on 18:34 - Jun 13 with 2220 viewsBillyChong

Women's world cup on 17:27 - Jun 13 by Glyn1

Why some men aren't watching the Women's world cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/12/womens-world-cup-shoved-do

To be fair the BBC are making out it’s the biggest sporting event of all time.
Women's world cup on 18:35 - Jun 13 with 2220 viewslifelong

Watching the Oz v Bra game..enjoying it. Oz have come from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 with 15 minutes remaining, live on BBC 2.
Women's world cup on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 2195 viewssainthelens

If England had no chance of winning it, it would all be highlights at best.
Women's world cup on 06:05 - Jun 14 with 2127 viewsphact0rri

Women's world cup on 16:02 - Jun 13 by Swanseaman

I heard on the radio that usa women's soccer is huge and there is a load of money in it, I think they said they may be the best in the world. There was a debate about the celebrations, the girl holding up her 5 fingers because she scored 5 was really slammed - but who wouldn't be celebrating if they just scored 5 goals in a world cup game

sponsorships pull more money as men if what I've read is accurate, yet the women get paid pittance next to the men's. they are suing for equal pay.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Women's world cup on 07:59 - Jun 14 with 2098 viewsMrSwerve

The whole “wimin’s futball iz a bit crap innit” thing is getting a bit boring now.

Women's world cup on 08:28 - Jun 14 with 2086 viewsbluey_the_blue

Women's world cup on 06:05 - Jun 14 by phact0rri

sponsorships pull more money as men if what I've read is accurate, yet the women get paid pittance next to the men's. they are suing for equal pay.

I'd be amazed if worldwide they pull more money than the men's game.
Women's world cup on 13:13 - Jun 14 with 2034 viewssherpajacob

Women's world cup on 07:59 - Jun 14 by MrSwerve

The whole “wimin’s futball iz a bit crap innit” thing is getting a bit boring now.

Absolutely

Playing crap football doesn't stop some people watching cardiff city.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Women's world cup on 15:28 - Jun 14 with 2002 viewssioni

Women's world cup on 15:52 - Jun 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ridiculous.

Seems like most of the whining on social media is coming from Canadians. The same people who loudly cheered last week when one of best basketball players in the world, Kevin Durant, blew out his achilles tendon.

Gee, the same people eh? That’s one hell of a coincidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024