Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68747 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:59 - Jun 12 with 2531 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:40 - Jun 12 by Joe_bradshaw

5 days and counting.

How short is shortly?

According to walesonline, Cooper: 'could well be confirmed as Graham Potter's successor this week, although an official unveiling to the media isn't expected until early next week.'

last night radio Wales stated it would be today.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-manager-

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 12 with 2522 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:11 - Jun 11 by Neath_Jack

What did you think when Toshack senior got the gig? No bigger Cardiff man than him. No managerial experience.

Amazing contacts, that was his strength to get old Liverpool players!

Cooper doesn't have that!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:03 - Jun 12 with 2504 viewsLord_Bony

Personally I would have preferred the likes of Gus Poyet for the job.

but as has been rightly said, it has been a thorough vetting process for him to get the job.

I think with his assistant Mike Marsh there is a lot of experience there with those two. Bring it on.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:03 - Jun 12 with 2499 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

Amazing contacts, that was his strength to get old Liverpool players!

Cooper doesn't have that!

It's the opposite with Cooper, he has the contacts to get in talented youngsters.

Ultimately j toshacks recruitments cost us, because they became too old and slow and we suffered for it.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:03 - Jun 12 with 2497 views3swan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:46 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

So despite the fact that most people will know the square root of f**k all about him he has already been written off in certain quarters with some pretty crazy accusations of "having worked with kids he wont know how to deal with adults" being the finest of them all.

Give him a chance, the fact that Birch, Leon and Curt have all been involved gives me more comfort than an opinion from someone who decides to call him "pooper" in a true playground style level of amusement.

He may be brilliant, he may be a disaster but I am more comforted by the fact we appear to have gone through a robust procedure to get here.

Give him the chance that others think he deserves. Others who we respect hugely (leon and Curt)

Totally agree but will add one comment. With the history so far with the owners did they put on any restrictions before the selection process began
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:33 - Jun 12 with 2381 viewstheloneranger

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:03 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

It's the opposite with Cooper, he has the contacts to get in talented youngsters.

Ultimately j toshacks recruitments cost us, because they became too old and slow and we suffered for it.

Which of Toshack's recruits became "old and slow" ? ?

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:52 - Jun 12 with 2306 viewsAlfieMooresSon

This he has contacts is a smoke screen, he would know the kids but not the Managers, he may get some but it's not like Rodgers or Toshack who really did have strong links with other clubs and proper contacts.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:11 - Jun 12 with 2191 viewsJinxy

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:46 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

So despite the fact that most people will know the square root of f**k all about him he has already been written off in certain quarters with some pretty crazy accusations of "having worked with kids he wont know how to deal with adults" being the finest of them all.

Give him a chance, the fact that Birch, Leon and Curt have all been involved gives me more comfort than an opinion from someone who decides to call him "pooper" in a true playground style level of amusement.

He may be brilliant, he may be a disaster but I am more comforted by the fact we appear to have gone through a robust procedure to get here.

Give him the chance that others think he deserves. Others who we respect hugely (leon and Curt)

Nicely put. I think it's also part of who/where we are that if managers succeed, they move on pretty quickly so in that respect we are very much a stepping stone club (players too of course). The good news is that if they move onwards and upwards, then that means we are doing ok (e.g. Potter, Martinez, Rogers), with the successor wanting to be part of a club "on the up" (which I think we actually are - on the pitch). Every appointment carries risk, but there does seem to have been a robust process undertaken, which is good. Maintaining our footballing identity seems to be a strong prerequisite, so that's reassuring also. Can we realistically expect more?

Just wise to remember they all carry risk, and are just passing through.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:26 - Jun 12 with 2111 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:33 - Jun 12 by theloneranger

Which of Toshack's recruits became "old and slow" ? ?

Ray Kennedy

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:35 - Jun 12 with 2065 viewsNeath_Jack

At least we rejected John Hartsons application.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:39 - Jun 12 with 2041 viewsBadlands

Clements had far more contacts and brought us .... Sanches & Tammy
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 12:39]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 1992 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:26 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

Ray Kennedy

In fairness he was in the early stages of Parkinsons!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:54 - Jun 12 with 1963 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:52 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

This he has contacts is a smoke screen, he would know the kids but not the Managers, he may get some but it's not like Rodgers or Toshack who really did have strong links with other clubs and proper contacts.

Change the record mun, we get it you don't rate him, He has run the Liverpool academy, won the under 17s World cup, not a bad CV.

He has earned his chance, come back end of September, and we'll see where we are then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:02 - Jun 12 with 1934 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:49 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

It's odd how history has managed to repeat itself. J toshack overspent on players, £160,000 on Kennedy when he was gone 30 and was a crock. The overspending and the amount of injuries cost us badly.

Similar to bringing Wilfried Bony back when he was well past his best, and the overspending we did in the prem.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:19 - Jun 12 with 1864 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:58 - Jun 12 by sainthelens

What makes you the authority on everything?

Bloody hell Phil, make your mind up!! It sounds as if you are backing the powers that be up here for once!!!

It's a laughable appointment if it happens. This is the Championship not league 2 or national League.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 1845 viewsDevz00

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:19 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Bloody hell Phil, make your mind up!! It sounds as if you are backing the powers that be up here for once!!!

It's a laughable appointment if it happens. This is the Championship not league 2 or national League.

Out of interest, as it's the Championship, what was your opinion on Lampard managing Derby?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:28 - Jun 12 with 1805 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 12:49 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

Didn't stop him propping up the bar in the Criterion

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:29 - Jun 12 with 1790 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:22 - Jun 12 by Devz00

Out of interest, as it's the Championship, what was your opinion on Lampard managing Derby?

The bloke had a fantastic , honour laden career. Instant respect from players as he was so high profile....but you knew that already.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:34 - Jun 12 with 1767 viewsDevz00

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:29 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

The bloke had a fantastic , honour laden career. Instant respect from players as he was so high profile....but you knew that already.

Yeah, instant success because he's a legend of the game... a bit like Giggs with Wales now
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 13:34]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:34 - Jun 12 with 1758 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:28 - Jun 12 by raynor94

Didn't stop him propping up the bar in the Criterion

Insensitive at best.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:40 - Jun 12 with 1731 viewsunion_jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:19 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Dicky, I think (hope) you are going to be pleasantly surprised.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 1702 viewslondonlisa2001

As I said previously, it’s hard to get excited about the appointment as he’s not someone I know anything about.

But the process appears to have been rigorous, and the people doing the appointing know far more about him than any of us do.

He will have good contacts, is obviously highly regarded, and Mike Marsh, of course, spent quite some time as a first team coach at Liverpool. Worked for Brendan and Dalglish there. And Cooper ran their academy.

He certainly has a background with far more coaching experience than Monk had when he became our manager. And that was in the Premier League.

I hope he does incredibly well. It’s certainly a bold appointment. Although not exciting in the way that a Laudrup is exciting, it definitely doesn’t fill me with the sort of dread that most names that do the rounds at this level (or the PL for that matter) would do. Unlike others on here, I would far rather this than appointing someone like Poyet.

His father is still the most biased ref I’ve had the misfortune of seeing, of course!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:58 - Jun 12 with 1641 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 13:34 - Jun 12 by Devz00

Yeah, instant success because he's a legend of the game... a bit like Giggs with Wales now
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 13:34]

Why can't people see through Giggs? Totally disloyal piece of work who's basically using Wales to try and show he can manage Utd.
He couldn't give 2 fcks as he showed by never turning up.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 12 with 1586 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:52 - Jun 12 by AlfieMooresSon

Who did Brendan bring in using his contacts specifically?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:15 - Jun 12 with 1564 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

Who did Brendan bring in using his contacts specifically?

Scott Sinclair

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024