Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68447 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:49 - Jun 12 with 2008 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 16:41 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Aye that'll be it.

Precious.

Phil, i'm gutted. We are being taken for a ride, a ride that'll make no opposition worry about us and a ride that'll see us close to the national League in next 3 seasons.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:50 - Jun 12 with 1992 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:49 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Phil, i'm gutted. We are being taken for a ride, a ride that'll make no opposition worry about us and a ride that'll see us close to the national League in next 3 seasons.

Ever so slightly ott

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:51 - Jun 12 with 1981 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:50 - Jun 12 by raynor94

Ever so slightly ott

All about opinions, at least he's got one.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 12 with 1978 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:59 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

According to walesonline, Cooper: 'could well be confirmed as Graham Potter's successor this week, although an official unveiling to the media isn't expected until early next week.'

last night radio Wales stated it would be today.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-manager-

I think someone has mislaid the tarpaulin

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 12 with 1969 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:45 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Nothing near blind trust but he has a very good knowledge and I'd certainly value his opinion over say dicky 😂

Plus of course he was actually at the interview which nobody on here had the benefit of being

This post has been edited by an administrator

What a massive shock Leon knows more about this level of football than me.....so by your logic he's more knowledgeable than Pooper.......you can see why it's a laughable appointment for the championship???

Why aren't we learning from past mistakes? The next Kevin Cullis
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 12 with 1955 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:50 - Jun 12 by raynor94

Ever so slightly ott

Sheep you are raynor
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:55 - Jun 12 with 1949 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

What a massive shock Leon knows more about this level of football than me.....so by your logic he's more knowledgeable than Pooper.......you can see why it's a laughable appointment for the championship???

You’ll slag off whoever takes the gig on first sign of bad form though Dicky no?

You went full 360 on Potter within a month max.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:55 - Jun 12 with 1946 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:50 - Jun 12 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree with that, anyone who could even begin to think Flynn would be a good appointment need to have a look hard look at themselves.

Leon was a good player, one of our best, not sure he’s qualified to be a part of a committee tasked on making decisions this big though.

What a surprise Risca. How many play offs has pooper led a team to?
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 1937 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:51 - Jun 12 by sainthelens

All about opinions, at least he's got one.

I'm more than pleased with the appointment of Cooper, time will tell which of us is right

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:58 - Jun 12 with 1926 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:57 - Jun 12 by raynor94

I'm more than pleased with the appointment of Cooper, time will tell which of us is right

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 1898 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:55 - Jun 12 by 34dfgdf54

You’ll slag off whoever takes the gig on first sign of bad form though Dicky no?

You went full 360 on Potter within a month max.

So did you eventually.

Mate, you seriously need to realise that this is an appointment on a par with Kevin Cullis.

This Cooper will be out of his depth and gone before Xmas
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:17 - Jun 12 with 1835 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:04 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

So did you eventually.

Mate, you seriously need to realise that this is an appointment on a par with Kevin Cullis.

Kevin Cullis.
Cullis' brief managerial career at the professional level came when he was appointed manager of Third Division Swansea City on 8 February 1996 by prospective new chairman Michael Thompson. He had never played nor coached in professional football and his only previous management experience was as the youth coach of non-league club Cradley Town,[1] then of the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division, and based at Cradley in the Black Country.

Cullis managed Swansea City for just one-and-a-half games: a 1—0 home defeat to Swindon Town and 45 minutes of an eventual 4-0 defeat at Blackpool. In the second match, which took place at Bloomfield Road on 13 February 1996, Cullis’ planned half-time team talk was ignored as the players took control. Christian Edwards gave the team talk and game plan instead, and Cullis resigned shortly afterwards.

Steve Cooper
At the age of 27, Cooper became a UEFA Pro Licence holder. On 3 September 2008, after being head of youth development at Wrexham, he was appointed at Liverpool, initially taking charge of the under-12's. On 18 July 2011, he was named Academy manager. Whilst at Liverpool, Cooper oversaw the development of such players as Raheem Sterling, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Ben Woodburn. In 2013, Cooper joined the FA as a youth coach educator

On 13 October 2014, Cooper was appointed as manager of the England national under-16 team. The following year, he took charge of the under-17s, coaching players such as Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, and Callum Hudson-Odoi. Cooper led his side to the final of the 2017 UEFA European U17 Championship, where they lost to Spain 4—1 on penalties following a 2—2 draw. Cooper's U17s then won the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in October 2017, beating Spain 5—2 in the final.

Cooper likes his teams to play "attractive football" with a "clear identity" and "good organisation and structure". He prefers his teams to control the game, stating "It's about playing our way... we want to play with purpose, dominate possession, play forward and get the ball back as quick as we can. That's always our plan."

Cooper coaches his teams to have "tactical discipline, composure, and aggression". He cites former Barcelona B coach José Segura as his main influence; the pair worked together at Liverpool's academy.

Yep, he's definitely on a par with Cullis!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:20 - Jun 12 with 1806 viewsSwanseaman

So did you eventually.

You've experienced a very strong gut feeling that Cooper will be a certain disaster if we appoint him.

This strong gut feeling has worried you so much, it has become a certain fact to you (going by your posts).

What about other people's gut feelings, what do they mean to you. Do you believe that there is even a slight chance that Cooper could do well.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 12 with 1786 views34dfgdf54

So did you eventually.

I never done a 360 on Potter. He did a brilliant job and that’s why a Premier League come calling. If this fella can keep us up that will do me. It’s survival mode until the Americans go in my opinion.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:26 - Jun 12 with 1753 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:22 - Jun 12 by 34dfgdf54

I never done a 360 on Potter. He did a brilliant job and that’s why a Premier League come calling. If this fella can keep us up that will do me. It’s survival mode until the Americans go in my opinion.

A brilliant job!!!!

We were bottom of the league for conceding set piece goals mun!!!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:28 - Jun 12 with 1734 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Well that's an interesting rewrite and spectacular fail to understand what I wrote

Interesting
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 12 with 1687 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:28 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Well that's an interesting rewrite and spectacular fail to understand what I wrote

Interesting

Oh classic Phil S here.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:51 - Jun 12 with 1587 viewsSwanseaman

3 twitter polls

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:53 - Jun 12 with 1573 viewsdickythorpe

Awww a Twitter poll.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:54 - Jun 12 with 1564 viewsPhil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Oh classic Phil S here.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:55 - Jun 12 with 1556 viewsSwanseaman

some views on Steve Cooper appointment from @ChampChat24:

https://www.files-conversion.com/file-convert/result/bandicam_2019_06_12_19_19_1

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:57 - Jun 12 with 1537 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:53 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

Awww a Twitter poll.

3 twitter polls and they do show that there are others who aren't happy

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:01 - Jun 12 with 1504 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:54 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:13 - Jun 12 with 1427 viewsJack11

Anyone basing support for Cooper on Leon and Curt backing him are a bit naive. We don’t know if he was their preferred candidate in this process.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:17 - Jun 12 with 1397 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 14:11 - Jun 12 by jackrmee

Who did Brendan bring in using his contacts specifically?

Josh Macechran.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024